Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been using this app, let me say it is AWESOME, but my small SD card is small, so it takes forever just to go back and forth. I noticed theres a "Send to WiiU" option, now how does this work and also does it install it to the HDD on the WiiU or the External? Because if i could just configure it to download everything i have straight to the WiiU that would save days worth of work and i can just do a overnight thing.
You need to use our other Wii U Program to get that to work. We have our own .Elf file you can get it here.: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-tool-ftp-wup-all-in-one.453944/#post-6942045
Our app allows direct FTP to the Wii U SD card for games to be installed and can be installed directly from this app all in one key thats the best option we have at this moment.

Last edited by Willzor,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Ive been using this app, let me say it is AWESOME, but my small SD card is small, so it takes forever just to go back and forth. I noticed theres a "Send to WiiU" option, now how does this work and also does it install it to the HDD on the WiiU or the External? Because if i could just configure it to download everything i have straight to the WiiU that would save days worth of work and i can just do a overnight thing.
I have recently released this tool, which is meant to be used with WiiU USB Helper. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...-tool-ftp-wup-all-in-one.453944/#post-6943830.
That said, it's hard to get good transfer speeds so this tool is better suited for smaller titles such as vc games

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Will it delete them off the sd after install? Sorry for all the questions. Just if I put a few hundred GBs overnight I don't want a failure. My SD card is only 16 gb
No they will not be deleted automatically. You can use a ftp client to delete them though.

DrPotatoez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games that have a physical release (CD) are not e-shop games and you can install them without any patches.
So Mario Kart 8 will install just fine.

And yes, you can update.

However, if you like to install the DLC, you have to run a sign patcher first (or use a custom firmware but tbh, just run dimoks sign patcher and you're good to go)
Once the DLC is installed, you always have to run the patcher again before you can boot the game.

Online works if you have DLC or not, it doesn't matter.

Once you downloaded the game, you get a folder lets say... Mario Kart 8 [NUMBERS] and within it, there are a lot of files. Example: http://i.imgur.com/bcyEzrg.png
You put those files in a folder called "install" on your SD card.

Then run wup installer (normal or y mod) and install the game either on your System or USB.
How exacly do i transfer it from USB to System storage since the system explains is safer to install on usb? or is it safe to install on system straight. Downloading Mario kart 8 right now without DLC but with update. i can directly install to my wii u without needing to sigpatch if im correct from what i read from you. In addition, Can i install DLC in the future.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
How exacly do i transfer it from USB to System storage since the system explains is safer to install on usb? or is it safe to install on system straight. Downloading Mario kart 8 right now without DLC but with update. i can directly install to my wii u without needing to sigpatch if im correct from what i read from you. In addition, Can i install DLC in the future.
Yes you can them install straight to the internal memory. I think it's safe but I would recommend installing on USB first, as a precaution. Yeah you can install the dlc later, but when you do you will have to have sigpatch to launch the game.

DrPotatoez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can them install straight to the internal memory. I think it's safe but I would recommend installing on USB first, as a precaution. Yeah you can install the dlc later, but when you do you will have to have sigpatch to launch the game.
So once is installed on USB it cant be moved into the System storage?

DrPotatoez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it can be moved
Oh god i just noticed When Using "That website" to get the keys.... it says they reccomend it to people with sigpatch. IS this a vital thing ? or can i just continue getting my keys regardless even without sigpatch? Btw if i install sigpatch... dont i just launch it and is good to go. Does it put limitations on my system or something. Sorry for the so many questions. last one.

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Oh god i just noticed When Using "That website" to get the keys.... it says they reccomend it to people with sigpatch. IS this a vital thing ? or can i just continue getting my keys regardless even without sigpatch? Btw if i install sigpatch... dont i just launch it and is good to go. Does it put limitations on my system or something. Sorry for the so many questions. last one.
No you're fine, the site is the recommend way now. No sigpatch won't put any limitation but it's not persistent

DrPotatoez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the game and the update are different folders , WUP is able to recognize to install the update to the game after i install the game first and then i go to WUP again and choose the update folder. Ill be able to go online after that :) correct? No sigpatching needed just making sure.

Last edited by DrPotatoez,

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Since the game and the update are different folders , WUP is able to recognize to install the update to the game after i install the game first and then i go to WUP again and choose the update folder. Ill be able to go online after that :) correct? No sigpatching needed just making sure.
Sorry but I don't always have the time to answer right away.
Yes you can go online and no need for sigpatch.

bi388

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This program was working fine for me until just an hour ago when I started getting a message upon launch saying the directory name is invalid (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007010B) and I should contact the vendor. I tried deleting all of the files and reinstalling but I get the same message when I run the installer. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
This program was working fine for me until just an hour ago when I started getting a message upon launch saying the directory name is invalid (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007010B) and I should contact the vendor. I tried deleting all of the files and reinstalling but I get the same message when I run the installer. Any ideas? Thanks :)
Have you tried uninstalling the app from the control pannel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1