Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Hikari06
i messed me installation on windows 10 found all traces of the app and deleted it and it refuses to install again
any chance of a portable build?

qazzopro

Trophies
XP
Country
--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can I have a screenshot of the content (notably the size) of the cache folder once the app has crashed?

Unable to screenshot right now but I can tell the size - Size: 5.27 MB, Size on Disk: 6.78 MB

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
Unable to screenshot right now but I can tell the size - Size: 5.27 MB, Size on Disk: 6.78 MB
Can you try with the latest update, I have made a few changes, although not directly linked to your issue, it could have an effect.
@Hikari06
i messed me installation on windows 10 found all traces of the app and deleted it and it refuses to install again
any chance of a portable build?
The reason I'm not distributing the application as a standalone is because it will not update itself. Can you tell me what error you are getting when trying to reinstall the app?

steven89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
that half the problem right uninstall / reinstall trigger the same updater program. i used paths from old posts to locate the all instances of the program and deleted what windows would allow the main application itself required a full reset to delet im now regretting as the error it self seem to point to the fact its missing therefor cant d/l the most upto date version. i found a work around in anyones interested.

my extreme method involved downloading virtual box install windows 7 redownload and install this time error free locate and transfer the right files back still works but now wont update

Hikari06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
that half the problem right uninstall / reinstall trigger the same updater program. i used paths from old posts to locate the all instances of the program and deleted what windows would allow the main application itself required a full reset to delet im now regretting as the error it self seem to point to the fact its missing therefor cant d/l the most upto date version. i found a work around in anyones interested.

my extreme method involved downloading virtual box install windows 7 redownload and install this time error free locate and transfer the right files back still works but now wont update
Usually renaming the Apps directory in %localappdata% to Apps.old fixes most issues with clickonce
Thank you for this Hikari06. It goes perfectly with the other tool that you released today! :D
You're welcome :)

Reactions: Dumperpreneur

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find your tool very useful saves time searching for titles and everything is well organized. I was wondering if you can add an option to start/stop the downloads at certain times. My internet provider allows downloads overnight that do not count towards data cap so for utorrent for example there is a scheduler so you can set the times it can access the internet. Is there something like that can can be added to Wiiu usb helper?

DrPotatoez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So let me get this straight. i need sigpatcher to use DLC and Updates? if i dont want that can i still go online or i cant only use DLC? btw what is VC? so ultimately i can download games to my home screen and stuff and go online. Anything else needed? Whats to keep noted besides U have to USE usa games and Usa title keys with usa console or else brick (I think this is correct?)

Last edited by DrPotatoez,

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
So let me get this straight. i need sigpatcher to use DLC and Updates? if i dont want that can i still go online or i cant only use DLC? btw what is VC? so ultimately i can download games to my home screen and stuff and go online. Anything else needed?
VC = Virtual Console, those are games from another console. (NES, SNES, GBA, WII,...)
You only need to signpatch your fw if you want to play E-Shop/Digital games and install DLC to games that you didn't buy.
(If the DLC is not legit, aka you downloaded them trough the usb helper. You have to use sign. patches. If you buy the DLC though, it will run just fine.)

You can install Updates without it.
Online works on all games.

You won't brick if you install out of region games, it simply won't boot and throw a error at you. (You can however, play those with sign. patches)

Last edited by VioletX,
Reactions: DrPotatoez

DrPotatoez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VC = Virtual Console, those are games from another console. (NES, SNES, GBA, WII,...)
You only need to signpatch your fw if you want to play E-Shop/Digital games and install DLC to games. (If the DLC is not legit, aka you downloaded them trough the usb helper
If a game runs without patches but you install DLC for it later, you have to run the game with signature patches.)

You can install Updates without it.
Online works on all games.

You won't brick if you install out of region games, it simply won't boot and throw a error at you. (You can however, play those with sign. patches)
All right thanks just to clean things up , So lets say i want to play mario kart 8 online right? is considered a eshop game correct? if i want to play without the DLC but update.. no sig patching needed? if i want mario kart 8 with dlc theres sigpatching needed? Or do i need to sigmatch to go online to begin with. And how do i move a game into SDcard or Wii u Since the video did not show it.?

Last edited by DrPotatoez,

VioletX

Trophies
XP
Country
All right thanks just to clean things up , So lets say i want to play mario kart 8 online right? is considered a eshop game correct? if i want to play without the DLC but update.. no sig patching needed? if i mario kart 8 into SDcard or Wii u Since the video did not show it.?
Games that have a physical release (CD) are not e-shop games and you can install them without any patches.
So Mario Kart 8 will install just fine.

And yes, you can update.

However, if you like to install the DLC, you have to run a sign patcher first (or use a custom firmware but tbh, just run dimoks sign patcher and you're good to go)
Once the DLC is installed, you always have to run the patcher again before you can boot the game.

Online works if you have DLC or not, it doesn't matter.

Once you downloaded the game, you get a folder lets say... Mario Kart 8 [NUMBERS] and within it, there are a lot of files. Example: http://i.imgur.com/bcyEzrg.png
You put those files in a folder called "install" on your SD card.

Then run wup installer (normal or y mod) and install the game either on your System or USB.

Last edited by VioletX,

Willzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was my QoS settings, it downloaded after disabling it with 10mb/s which is fine.
But now my problem is that the program crashed when i added 10-15 games and it lost the download list after it crashed.
next time it crashes please send us a drump of the crash so we can see whats going on. we will fix it ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I find your tool very useful saves time searching for titles and everything is well organized. I was wondering if you can add an option to start/stop the downloads at certain times. My internet provider allows downloads overnight that do not count towards data cap so for utorrent for example there is a scheduler so you can set the times it can access the internet. Is there something like that can can be added to Wiiu usb helper?
at this moment there is no option for it but we can add it to the to do list we will keep you posted :)

Edizius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all,
is it possible to use the usb helper with a proxytool like FoxyProxy to access the NUS servers from an foreign IP or somehow get transparent for nintendo? Or is this just paranoid and not necessary?
regards,
Edizius

Willzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
is it possible to use the usb helper with a proxytool like FoxyProxy to access the NUS servers from an foreign IP or somehow get transparent for nintendo? Or is this just paranoid and not necessary?
regards,
Edizius
You can use a tool like that works fine for me but I use Hide My IP or Hotspot Shield either one will work but no setting for Proxies within the app itself sorry.

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything works great, and it feels good to know I can be a total nerd and load my collection this way instead of having my grubby roommates hands all over my discs.. except for one.. Rayman Legends seems to freeze at the splash screen. Is that normal? Not the end of the world, just curious.

Willzor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything works great, and it feels good to know I can be a total nerd and load my collection this way instead of having my grubby roommates hands all over my discs.. except for one.. Rayman Legends seems to freeze at the splash screen. Is that normal? Not the end of the world, just curious.
Any freezing that happens isnt from our app so that i cant say, did you have the app check the file before copying over? If so i would just redownload and reinstall.

SinkyChan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any freezing that happens isnt from our app so that i cant say, did you have the app check the file before copying over? If so i would just redownload and reinstall.

Yeah, to be honest, I assumed it was an issue with the game, not so much with your app. Anyway, it's no big deal. I'll give it a shot when I'm back from vacation! Thanks for responding : ).

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive been using this app, let me say it is AWESOME, but my small SD card is small, so it takes forever just to go back and forth. I noticed theres a "Send to WiiU" option, now how does this work and also does it install it to the HDD on the WiiU or the External? Because if i could just configure it to download everything i have straight to the WiiU that would save days worth of work and i can just do a overnight thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: