Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters

Monstreboss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
"The same", no. The checks against the versionList are different to the update check performed by the browser.

That said, from what I've heard, it would be theoretically possible to use browserhax to write to the browser's save data in order to spoof that the update check has been passed. But there are two issues to consider in that regard: you need to already be able to use browserhax to do this, so people who have hit the error on original 3DS are out of luck, and it may only last for 24 hours, before the browser would check for updates again and lock the user out, so a (purely hypothetical) update check spoofer would need to be the first port of call any time you sought to use the browser.

To my awareness, none of that has been tested though, and even assuming that it would work, it's still minimally useful (temporarily re-enabling browserhax by using browserhax; why not just use browserhax if you already can?), so whether anyone will put in the work is an open question. I hope so, personally: the New 3DS's browser YouTube is far superior to the native app, but at best it's an inessential feature. For most users, the primary use for the browser is browserhax, and spoofing the check in this way would only really benefit the small subset of users who actually want to use the browser as a browser.

Okay =)
Thanks for the explanation ^^
I used the browser to navigate on internet, i never used it for browserhax
I hope we can be able to spoof it and maybe YT's app because i'm on O3DS and we don't have the amazing browser of the N3DS :P

Do you think someone can make a HB browser or it's too difficult ?

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Do you think someone can make a HB browser or it's too difficult ?
I think there will almost definitely be one or more homebrew web browsers (and there's an extremely early attempt at one already: link). Just depends on people putting in the (considerable) time, knowledge and effort.

But we're getting pretty off-topic now. ;)

Reactions: Monstreboss

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried to use this in emuNAND but it doesn't work, give me an error message:

Update Supressor
Title ID: 000400100021000
Version record not found.

Should I start HBL on sysnNAND so I can use this? Like installing CN cia in sysNAND and start HBL from there?

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to use this in emuNAND but it doesn't work, give me an error message:

Update Supressor
Title ID: 000400100021000
Version record not found.

Should I start HBL on sysnNAND so I can use this? Like installing CN cia in sysNAND and start HBL from there?
Yes, it must be launched via HBL. HBL allows a user to select a target app for the program to run on. If no app is provided it defaults to Download Play. As Download Play is never updated separately from the OS there is no Version data for it.

Last edited by Giantblargg,

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, it must be launched via HBL. HBL allows a user to select a target app for the program to run on. If no app is provided it defaults to 000400100021000 (Download Play). As Download Play is never updated separately from the OS there is no Version data for it.

But when I start Update Suppressor it shows:

- System Setting
- Target title selector (...)

I just press A and gave me that error message.

So, starting HBL on sysNAND will fix it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any risk of brick?

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But when I start Update Suppressor it shows:

- System Setting
- Target title selector (...)

I just press A and gave me that error message.

So, starting HBL on sysNAND will fix it?
Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood you. When the target title selector appears you can use left and right to select the title you want. The title you selected is most likely the card you have in the slot.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thank you for this ;-)

However when I select the homemenu in the homebrew's menu, the lower screen turns (from red to green to) yellow and my n3ds freezes.
I am using a N3DS Gateway Emunand 9.5

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice work, going to use this for Ironfall to keep my exploit. I myself won't press that update button, but maybe my friends might to "help me out".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto