• Total voters

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Giantblargg

Would there be any possibility of having a cia version of this ?

A cia version is not impossible, but I will most likely not be making one as I am currently still running sysNAND 10.3 and have no plans to downgrade.

Additionally, the program relies on the hbmenu's title selector. To make a cia version I would have to make my own title selector (which would require much more effort than the program itself) or find some other way to determine which title the user wants blocked (from a file on the sd maybe?)

If there is someone who wants to put in the effort to make this so it works as a cia the source is publicly available.

Last edited by Giantblargg,
Reactions: peteruk
D

Deleted User

A cia version is not impossible, but I will most likely not be making one as I am currently still running sysNAND 10.3 and have no plans to downgrade.

Additionally, the program relies on the hbmenu's title selector. To make a cia version I would have to make my own title selector (which would require much more effort than the program itself) or find some other way to determine which title the user wants blocked (from a file on the sd maybe?)

If there is someone who wants to put in the effort to make this so it works as a cia the source is publicly available.
You could make a delete-all-updates cia version.

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could make a delete-all-updates cia version.

Some people have mentioned a delete-em-all version before. If this functionality would be useful to people I should be able to add this fairly easily. This would bypass the problem of the title selector. I would still need some guinea pigs to test the cia version for me though.

D

Deleted User

How do I make the update message come back? I updated my reiNAND and can update my games directly now

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't know much about any CFW but you should be able just wait a couple of days and the list will be re downloaded. In the meantime you should still be able to get updates directly through eshop.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some people have mentioned a delete-em-all version before. If this functionality would be useful to people I should be able to add this fairly easily. This would bypass the problem of the title selector. I would still need some guinea pigs to test the cia version for me though.

I would be happy to test for you

D

Deleted User

I can test it if you want.

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
The problem with a delete-all version is that if you just want to get rid of a certain title's updates (Ironfall for example) but still use updates like normal on your other games, that option isn't available anymore (unless you make two versions). Also, this app might very well be the key to getting ironhax working on 10.4.

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem with a delete-all version is that if you just want to get rid of a certain title's updates (Ironfall for example) but still use updates like normal on your other games, that option isn't available anymore (unless you make two versions).

I've got an idea to allow both functionalities depending on the how the program is installed.

Also, this app might very well be the key to getting ironhax working on 10.4.

That fact that the forced update is only for Ironfall makes me think that it's hard-coded into the OS. But it's worth a shot I guess.
EDIT: Someone tried it and it did not bypass the block.

Last edited by Giantblargg,

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got an idea to allow both functionalities depending on the how the program is installed.
That'd be cool then.
That fact that the forced update is only for Ironfall makes me think that it's hard-coded into the OS. But it's worth a shot I guess.
Oh that sucks, oh well. I guess that makes Ironfall pretty much useless now.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Your hunch was correct:
APT added a new command used by menu which now checks whether IronFall is on the latest version before launching; if it is on an exploitable version and the function is called to launch IronFall the system will reboot.

Basically Ironfall is hard-coded to be checked by the OS before launching, and if it's too old, it'll not work and demand an update. Also, if you try to launch it via some other means than the home menu, it'll reboot the 3DS entirely (hence that last sentence, it could use some clarification). Even if you delete the update list, the OS will still check Ironfall's version on 10.4, because it's baked into the OS itself (NS more specifically), so there's no escaping it.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/10.4.0-29

Edit/Update 1: Apparently it still works via HANS, but..why? Trying to find out more.
Edit/Update 2: Apparently it's because HANS bypasses the home menu/launches things differently than the home menu, but it's still not that useful, because you'd need homebrew to even get to that stage.

Last edited by daxtsu,

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Development update:

I was about to start work on the delete-all version yesterday when 10.4 came out. As I still used Ironhax as my primary entry point (What? I like my custom themes.) and I wanted to stay on the current version, I decided to take the dive to emuNAND. I have downgraded successfully and will be setting up a CFW shortly.

What this means is that I should be able to test the .cia version myself. As such I will no longer need any testers, and the new version should be expected today or tomorrow.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Development update:

I was about to start work on the delete-all version yesterday when 10.4 came out. As I still used Ironhax as my primary entry point (What? I like my custom themes.) and I wanted to stay on the current version, I decided to take the dive to emuNAND. I have downgraded successfully and will be setting up a CFW shortly.

What this means is that I should be able to test the .cia version myself. As such I will no longer need any testers, and the new version should be expected today or tomorrow.

This is great news, look forward to trying the new version, thank you for you hard work :)

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Your hunch was correct:

Basically Ironfall is hard-coded to be checked by the OS before launching, and if it's too old, it'll not work and demand an update. Also, if you try to launch it via some other means than the home menu, it'll reboot the 3DS entirely (hence that last sentence, it could use some clarification). Even if you delete the update list, the OS will still check Ironfall's version on 10.4, because it's baked into the OS itself (NS more specifically), so there's no escaping it.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/10.4.0-29

Edit/Update 1: Apparently it still works via HANS, but..why? Trying to find out more.
Edit/Update 2: Apparently it's because HANS bypasses the home menu/launches things differently than the home menu, but it's still not that useful, because you'd need homebrew to even get to that stage.

Presumably it would also be possible to create a .cake patch to disable the check for cfw/emunand but I don't think there is any advantage to using Ironhax compared to yellows8's loader cia.

Giantblargg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for this, very handy little tool to have, especially in cia format :)

Do you think there will ever be a cia version of delete only one chosen game, instead of delete all ?

Like I said earlier it is possible but it would take more effort to write than the entire rest of the program. If someone feels like doing it I can incorporate it in to the master build, but I will not be doing it myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: In colder times, I would have had some Cream of Mushroom with it :D