Hacking [RELEASE] UAE4ALL - Amiga emulator

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Sorry to double post.

Can I confirm that .adz files do not work in the Vita port? The base UAE4All supports it but they don't appear to load in the Vita version.

Given uncompressed .adf files are full 800kb disk dumps, that's a lot of wasted space per game assuming most disks are not full!

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New version:
https://www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

• Parallel port joystick adapter support. By default, Amiga joysticks 3 and 4 are controlled by VitaTV gamepads 3 and 4. They can also be mapped to other inputs using the custom controls screen.
  • Improve pointer controls with bluetooth mouse by re-compiling with latest SDL-Vita

RitchieRitchie

Trophies
XP
Country
Great work! I love this emu! Here's a quick top 10 of my fave Amiga games:
SWOS (especially the new build with current players - it's also the only game I can work via the HD - if anyone can help me get others pleas let me know!)
Speedball 2
Supercars 2
Stunt Car Racer
Player Manager
Goal!
The Curse of Monkey Island
Batman: The Movie (was one of the first games I was able to complete as a kid and always had a soft spot for it!)
Super Skidmarks 2 (can't get this to work on the emu, appreciate any help!)
Cannon Fodder

I'd love to hear other folks' fave games!

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Rick dangerous 1 y 2
elfmania
body blows 1,2
Lotus spirit 1 y 2 y 3
Alan-1
Shadow Fighter
Shadow of the Beast
Alien breed
apidya benefactor
blood money
the chaos engine
goblins 1,2,3
gods
jaguar jx220
proyect x
risky woods
turrican 1,2,3
another world
flashback
Thanks to @rsn8887 I can enjoy these games on ps vita.
A great job excellent, very grateful.
A huge greeting to all colleagues
Please,Octamed 6.0,Sound-Studio-v1.03 adf please?

Last edited by Lineacero,

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your continued support of this. I know all too well how difficult it can be to find the time to work on these projects. So it’s greatly appreciated.

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
New update yesterday:
https://www.github.com/rsn8887/uae4all2/releases/latest

• Improve pointer response to slow finger motion
You might have noticed that the mousepointer didn't move at all if the finger moved very slowly. This is now fixed.

It gives a lot of extra precision when using touch with mouse-based games like Poing or Shufflepuck Cafe. BTW: testing this I found out that Shufflepuck Cafe needs "Blitter: Normal" setting to work, just like PP Hammer and Spindizzy Worlds.

I applied the same fix to Enigma and ScummVM, too.

Last edited by rsn8887,

zekepliskin

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow. This Amiga emulator is amazing! I did what I call the "acid test" on this which is try and get SlamTilt Pinball running, a game which used to be a pain to run at all under WinUAE some years back, something about being fussy with blitter options if I remember rightly. I was expecting the emulator to hang or just black screen when loading the first table, Mean Machines, but after setting A1200 mode, making a few tweaks and inserting the ADF disks it ran perfectly! I was speechless.

Make a custom keymap so flippers are on the triggers and tilt controls are on the analogue stick/d-pad etc and bam, totally playable. When I got the multiball I thought "there's no way this thing is gonna handle a sudden switch into Super Hires Interlaced" yet... no it was perfect, instantaneous and still buttery smooth, switched back to 640x256 afterwards as well. Completely stable.

I don't know what assembly tricks the dev team pulled, but on the strength of this one game colour me impressed. Gave me a reason to dust off the Vita again after months and play for hours. If/when the Switch hack scene evolves I hope this gets ported, it runs that well.

Thanks so much everyone involved. :-D

Reactions: rsn8887

yadsterv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Absolutely loving this. I have had various handhelds over the years including Android based ones but playing dungeon crawlers, particularly Dungeon Master, has never been a pleasant experience. However playing on the Vita it is almost perfect as I can map the direction keys to the Vita's buttons and away I go. Is there anyway that if I use a touch-screen pen that the part of the screen that gets tapped translates as to where the Amiga mouse pointer clicks? This would be great for games like Cannon Fodder and Dungeon Master.

As a heads up for anyone who doesn't mind downloading a large file there is a Raspberry Pi torrent that is about 60GB in size called 'Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie 3 v2.0 from Ransom'. It takes ages to extract but inside are 4251 converted HDF files (26.2GB) which are all self-booting WHDload files. This means there is no messing about loading Workbench or having to swap ADF files for those larger games such as Monkey Island 2. Absolutely perfect for UAE4ALL :)

Snowbro88

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Absolutely loving this. I have had various handhelds over the years including Android based ones but playing dungeon crawlers, particularly Dungeon Master, has never been a pleasant experience. However playing on the Vita it is almost perfect as I can map the direction keys to the Vita's buttons and away I go. Is there anyway that if I use a touch-screen pen that the part of the screen that gets tapped translates as to where the Amiga mouse pointer clicks? This would be great for games like Cannon Fodder and Dungeon Master.

As a heads up for anyone who doesn't mind downloading a large file there is a Raspberry Pi torrent that is about 60GB in size called 'Ultimate Amiga for Raspberry Pie 3 v2.0 from Ransom'. It takes ages to extract but inside are 4251 converted HDF files (26.2GB) which are all self-booting WHDload files. This means there is no messing about loading Workbench or having to swap ADF files for those larger games such as Monkey Island 2. Absolutely perfect for UAE4ALL :)

Hello friend I've also seen that pack but it's too much to download, even though I'm interested in hdf games but I do not know how they load in uae4all for ps vita, you could tell me how. And finally that pack has the snowbros in hdf, that does not manage to load it in adf in any version, does not change the disquette. Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yummy yummy :rofl2: