Homebrew [Release] TWLSaveTool v1.0

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this was doable, it could be the start of something big. Nice idea you got there ^^

The problem is you'd still be limited in working with whatever the savegame section of the cart has allocated for storage (since there's not really any way for the ds mode at the moment to use external storage). Until if/when that problem is worked around, we'll be rather limited in what can be done, I think.

Lemon_

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Good work TuxSH!
Successfully backed-up my Pokémon Platinum, Mystery Dungeon BRT and Madagascar 2.

Thing is, I have a copy of Pkmn Ranger Shadows of Almia which gives a panic whenever I try loading on my 3DS, and on a DSi 1.4U it says "Save data corrupted. Try resetting the console". I though I might be able to erase the corrupted savegame so the cart works again.
3DS Home Menu loads the icon and name, but TWLSaveTool hangs and then reboots the console.

Any ideas?

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would be curious if this could be used for potentially injecting data into a ds card to load ds mode exploit though (I'm thinking something like smealum's exploit for bangai-o on the ds). http://smealum.net/?page_id=301 for those that aren't particularly familiar with this...
Yes, you should actually be able to inject an exploit save to a DS cart... But it's rather useless, under DS mode (unless it's a DSiWare) SD access is locked out, so you can't load anything (maybe from wifi if an exploits supports it, but then you couldn't even use an emulator, as homebrews are coded to read files from flashcarts, or SD card via the rare DSiWare exploits...)

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should actually be able to inject an exploit save to a DS cart... But it's rather useless, under DS mode (unless it's a DSiWare) SD access is locked out, so you can't load anything (maybe from wifi if an exploits supports it, but then you couldn't even use an emulator, as homebrews are coded to read files from flashcarts, or SD card via the rare DSiWare exploits...)

A chip8 emulator or something of that nature would still be a cool proof of concept (and probably small enough to fit into one of the larger gamesaves). I get that it's not exactly the most usable thing until if/when the TWL Firm can be modified to "see" SD cards.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A chip8 emulator or something of that nature would still be a cool proof of concept (and probably small enough to fit into one of the larger gamesaves). I get that it's not exactly the most usable thing until if/when the TWL Firm can be modified to "see" SD cards.
I think months ago I read about installing the pirated Sudoku DSiWare, decrypting the TWLN partition with Decrypt9 and injecting the sudokuhax .sav to it, and I'm not mistaken this allowed you to use DSi-enabled homebrew on a non-SDHC SD card. I should try it eventually.
(We're off-topic now though) :P

TuxSH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still wanting to make a backup of Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (Europe), because I can't on the NDS homebrew and this one.
It's 128KB, which is unsupported, hmm...
I'll see that later. What's the save type(EEPROM or FLASH)/JEDEC ID etc. ?

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Apparently, bootlegs aren't supported. I tried to use the tool with my fake Pokémon Platinum and I got the "unsupported game" message. Everything fine with my original SoulSilver though.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Is this suposed to run on sysNAND or emuNAND

Cause if it was on SysNAND

then i may have accidentaly hardbricked my 3ds :hateit:
Whichever nand it's tickets are installed to the actual app should be installed to the sd card.

Why do people install unsigned stuff to nand...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: sigh