Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yes because it's not needed and won't work when Tiramisu is loaded (I think, but you won't need it anymore). ONLY do this for the NORMAL Haxchi, NOT Coldboot Haxchi. CBHC must be uninstalled through the CBHC-Intsaller first.

CBHC must be uninstalled, but normal haxchi may be useful.

If I'm not wrong, if you eject the sdcard or it's no longer readable, tiramisu will perform a non-cfw boot. Haxchi doesn't need any sdcard therefore you could launch it to get cfw.

@Maschell is there any plan to use the internal storage without any sdcard? In the 3ds scene, the luma cfw allows booting from sdcard and from nand, the former with higher priority.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Should I remove Haxchi??
if you have haxchi, not cbhc, you "can" keep it. it's not a problem to do so.
Just remember to NOT run both at the same time. for example, if you set Tiramisu as autoboot, then don't run haxchi to access HBL or it'll try to re-patch the kernel. just run Miimaker instead.
You could still use Haxchi shortcut for example, instead of Haxchi Kernel patcher. If you changed haxchi config to automatically patch the kernel when not pressing a button, you might want to edit the config file to prevent patching it accidentally (or even completely remove the kernel patching from the config file, but keep it, you never know when you'll need it) and keep only the shortcuts :)

Personally, I'll keep both.
Like Maschell said, the guide tell the users to delete it only to be cleaner. and you can play the NDS game again if you like.
But if you know and understand what you are doing, you can keep it.

@Maschell :
Can we use Haxchi to launch HBL and run the payloadInstaller ? I suppose not as github says "it needs to be installed from the injection itself".
It would be more stable to launch HBL from haxchi first than trying to launch the web exploit, freeze and reboot and clear cache.
Can't it be a homebrew elf? Or does it requires to be a web exploit to launch payload.elf ?

Last edited by Cyan,

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do i have to buy a game for this, too?
Like i need for haxchi?
Thx

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
O.k. thank you.
I have wii u with cfw, but not starting automatically to cfw.
(In case of not willing to buy a game)

I have to take a look how it has been done. I havent use it since i "hacked" it...

Tiramisu will boot automatically?

Is there a way to use both firmwares?
Maybe selection on boot up?

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O.k. thank you.
I have wii u with cfw, but not starting automatically to cfw.
(In case of not willing to buy a game)

I have to take a look how it has been done. I havent use it since i "hacked" it...

Tiramisu will boot automatically?

It's all in the guide in the original post. And what do you mean by Both Firmwares? If you mean Haxchi vs Tiramisu, they both are identical, except one doesn't require a paid for DS VC game.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
CBHC must be uninstalled, but normal haxchi may be useful.

If I'm not wrong, if you eject the sdcard or it's no longer readable, tiramisu will perform a non-cfw boot. Haxchi doesn't need any sdcard therefore you could launch it to get cfw.
Instead of popping the SD card, you can also hold R while booting the console to get a non-CFW boot.

It's all in the guide in the original post. And what do you mean by Both Firmwares? If you mean Haxchi vs Tiramisu, they both are identical, except one doesn't require a paid for DS VC game.
"Identical" is a stretch, Tiramisu has features like module support so you can do things like coldboot Bloopair, Plus, Haxchi is kind of messy and requires developers to work around its quirks, while Tiramisu is cleaner and easier for developers to work with.

Personally, I'm keeping Haxchi around just so I can test that apps run on the older CFW, but looking forward to when nobody cares whether things run on Haxchi any more.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can choose to set Tiramisu as autoboot or not. if not, run health & safety when you want to "load an environment" (multiple modules like sigpatch, hbl installer into miimaker, bloopair, etc.) and get CFW like you did with haxchi.

If you set it to Autoboot (like cbhc), and you want to disable it temporarilly without changing the autoboot settings, keep pressing X (or +) when booting. it'll skip the PayloadLoader.
You can also eject the SD, if no "environment folder to load" is found it'll autoboot to unpatched SysMenu.

I think that's also the advantage over CBHC.
You can edit the config to either autoboot or not, no need to reinstall or use 2 different apps (haxchi OR cbhc). one doing all, and compatible with future released Aroma.
Allows adding more patches by putting them on SD instead of updating/reinstalling the app on the console each time.
And it has a failsafe to fallback to sysmenu if there's no SD or no payload found. You can also format the console or delete users without bricking.
edit: Oh, and blocks updates automatically too, so you can restore the "updates" folder to allows updates and eshop when launching the console without Tiramisu. (attention, if you don't autoboot it can update!)

Last edited by Cyan,

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
[emoji115]this!
Great!

I'm excited!

Thank you very much!
I dont have it yet, but i already love it!
P.s. i'm a pizza delivery guy working @real italians!
So Tiramisu is perfect! ;-)

Reactions: Lostbhoy and Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's like forwarders, you install the channel once and for all, and you update the app on SD.
If the channel needs to be updated, the direction will be provided. (Maschell said Auto-boot needs to be set back to WiiU menu first, but it shouldn't happen that often)

Last edited by Cyan,

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I may be terribly dumb, but I followed the guide and sigpatches are not being applied. Tiramisu is working because an empty homebrew channel opens when entering mii-maker but that is all. Any unsigned title/channel is not launching.

What am I missing? Should I run H/S app? I do not understand this new system much.

::Phoenix::

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I may be terribly dumb, but I followed the guide and sigpatches are not being applied. Tiramisu is working because an empty homebrew channel opens when entering mii-maker but that is all. Any unsigned title/channel is not launching.

What am I missing? Should I run H/S app? I do not understand this new system much.
As the guide specified, you also have to place the 01_sigpatches.rpx module in tiramisu's folder to enable patches.

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Can this autoboot/implement padcon.elf into loading like CBHC Mod can? That app is fantastic as being able to turn off the Wii U screen is very handy.

Really great development for this awesome platform, kudos to all involved.

n00bsaib0t

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome work discovering a new exploit, this will go a long way toward preserving the WiiU's functionality after the eshop closes. You're a hero to this community.

A couple questions, I skimmed the thread but I didn't see them asked specifically.
1) I see a couple people saying the "upgraded" to Tiramisu. Is it actually an upgrade from CBHC or is it more of a lateral movement? If I don't care about the quickstart menu (I turned it off pretty much as soon as that update dropped years ago) then I'm probably better off just leaving well enough alone?
2) If I have other haxchi shortcuts set up (for example, I have one someone made that does something to boot to wiiflow) and I uninstall CBHC for this, will those other shortcuts still work? They aren't standard forwarders from my understanding, they required a DS game.

Thanks, and again great work.

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just replaced haxchi with Tiramisu, now and everything works fine.

I assume any homebrew that one would want to load on bootup (like sdcaffine for custom themes via "layered" filesystem) would need to be specifically compiled as an rpx module? It's not as simple as renaming the .elf to .rpx?

Or does the lite version of mocha that already comes with tiramisu already allow loading of layered files from the sd card?
1) I see a couple people saying the "upgraded" to Tiramisu. Is it actually an upgrade from CBHC or is it more of a lateral movement? If I don't care about the quickstart menu (I turned it off pretty much as soon as that update dropped years ago) then I'm probably better off just leaving well enough alone?

it's a lateral movement. You need to uninstall CBHC first before doing anything in regards to moving towards tiramisu. From what I understand, Tiramisu is slightly "safer" than CHBC because the payload loader gets injected into the health and safety app so the "hijacked" application can't accidentally be moved to USB storage or uninstalled. Even a system reset will leave the payload loader intact with Tiramisu.

Reactions: kisamesama

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its very simple. Below the page, you will find an option to see the list of staff members.