Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

Snap00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello together

Thank you Rgorgory. Looks like i didn't read the thread thorough enough. The flowchart answer the most of my questions.

It looks like, there are some additional payloads, which do some checks and give the users some selections, so it's possible to prepare the SD Card with all the required installation files, at one time. Maybe there's also a check, that the PayLoadLoader is already installed and then skip the Installer ?

What confuses me a little bit, is the GenericPayloadLoader, which is directly linked to three following payloads. As far as i understand, it means, that the Multiloader lets chose the user between the CustomRPXLoader and the NandDumper, which alternatively can also be loaded directly.

It looks that the PayloadLoader executes a regular payload.elf. To run the EnvironmentLoader, it loads the CustomRPXLoader, which then executes the required payload.rpx. After the installation it should be possible to direct execute the CustomRPXLoader and skip the GenericPayloadLoader and the Multiloader. Maybe this would result in a slightly faster boot time.

Greets Snap.

Last edited by Snap00,

ZoarTwili

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This bug was fixed 6 weeks ago. Please update to the latest version of Tiramisu. Only use files from tiramisu.foryour.cafe/not any other sources
The bug persists even if I downloaded the current version of Tiramisu that you linked to. I have noticed that it gives this error if I am minutes in options or when entering the internet settings. I repeat, I followed the official guide from wiiu.guide, github and here. My Wii U is NTSC version 5.5.5, the previous hack (indexiine) was 100% uninstalled.

GaryOderNichts

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The bug persists even if I downloaded the current version of Tiramisu that you linked to. I have noticed that it gives this error if I am minutes in options or when entering the internet settings. I repeat, I followed the official guide from wiiu.guide, github and here. My Wii U is NTSC version 5.5.5, the previous hack (indexiine) was 100% uninstalled.
Are you using the Homebrew Launcher *Channel*? The channel is known to cause freezes when exiting applications, after a .rpx has been launched. Consider using the normal HBL by opening the Mii Maker.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After the installation it should be possible to direct execute the CustomRPXLoader and skip the GenericPayloadLoader and the Multiloader. Maybe this would result in a slightly faster boot time.
It just did a quick timing, this would save ~268ms. I doubt someone would be able to tell the difference on a ~30 seconds boot time. As a trade off you gain so much more flexibility and can be updated easily. If everythinng would directly inside the PayloadLoader, any update would mean running a new installer/updater (which involves a risk for a brick or deactivate and re-activate coldboot) for every entrypoint instead of replacing a single file on the sd card which will be used for every entrypoint

Reactions: Snap00

Snap00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
short question... in the guide it says you can press B when starting the console to launch vwii directly... When i press "B" i get to the screen where i can choose between "nandump" and "default". Is that normal? (ive "installed" autoboot tiramisu)

That's normal, because the Multiloader is still part of the boot sequence after the installation and shows his selection menu, while pressing the B Button. It's because the setup on the SD Card is concepted, that it can be used for the installation and also for running the Environment. After the installation, the Multiloader and the NandDumper are actually no longer required.

You can easy skip the launch of it. Just replace the payload.elf in the wiiu/ folder with the one from the wiiu/payloads/default/ folder on your SD Card. To clean up unnecessary files, you can then also delete the payloads folder.

This way the PayloadLoader will directly execute the CustomRPXLoader, which starts the payload.rpx to run the Environment. Pressing the B Button shoud then work as usual.

Greets Snap.

Last edited by Snap00,

Snap00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
It just did a quick timing, this would save ~268ms. I doubt someone would be able to tell the difference on a ~30 seconds boot time. As a trade off you gain so much more flexibility and can be updated easily. If everythinng would directly inside the PayloadLoader, any update would mean running a new installer/updater (which involves a risk for a brick or deactivate and re-activate coldboot) for every entrypoint instead of replacing a single file on the sd card which will be used for every entrypoint

Thank you Maschell for your explanations. Yeah, it's the cleanest way and avoids the risks of any modifications in the nand while updating. Also the setup is very user friendly. I was wondering how short the guide is. I always like the shortest and most efficient way in a program sequence. So i'm very interested to understand every single step and all the functions. Keep up the good work.

Greets Snap.

Reactions: Maschell

ZoarTwili

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you using the Homebrew Launcher *Channel*? The channel is known to cause freezes when exiting applications, after a .rpx has been launched. Consider using the normal HBL by opening the Mii Maker.
You are right, before going into amiibo settings, I go into the Homebrew Launcher "channel" that I have installed and I got that bug. I will try the method that is in Mii Maker

wwhtvd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get the Quick Start Menu to work when launching games from the USB drive. It just boots me into the Wii U Menu. Is there a fix?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get the Quick Start Menu to work when launching games from the USB drive. It just boots me into the Wii U Menu. Is there a fix?
drive is too slow, like mine. you have to wait a few moments, don't immediately click on a game when the system boots up.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Did you updated tiramisu files to latest version? this issue was solved like 6 weeks ago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol