ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It's WIIU mainly for now, but it will support any and all smash related files we come across when we get to them. I know we started on some 3ds stuff, but i don't know what specifically. I know we have BCH iirc
Fair enough, you might be able to look at Flurry's tex editor for .tex files later on, just a format off the top of my head.
Also, like FITX, will a MSC viewer/editor be developed separately and then incorporated into Smash Forge?

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough, you might be able to look at Flurry's tex editor for .tex files later on, just a format off the top of my head.
Also, like FITX, will a MSC viewer/editor be developed separately and then incorporated into Smash Forge?

FITX will simply be updated to support decompiling and recompiling MSC. The FITX platform is a "Fighter Script" Compiler, so it makes sense to have it also handle MSC

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FITX will simply be updated to support decompiling and recompiling MSC. The FITX platform is a "Fighter Script" Compiler, so it makes sense to have it also handle MSC
Ah I see what you mean, that's a good idea. Sorry for repeating probably the most common question, but do you think we'll have this updated FITX with MSC within this year?

Rosscalvinar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that smash command can edit subactions, but can it edit actions/special moves? is there another program used for that, or will it be in an update at some point?

mariosonicds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that smash command can edit subactions, but can it edit actions/special moves? is there another program used for that, or will it be in an update at some point?
Most of those are coded into msc, which are able to be edited via the per fighter params. param\fighter\fighter_param_vl_*.bin

Just use the param editor. Right now without any msc data to run on, we have todo our best guesses to what controls what. Best way with some objects is to get a aproximate frames there on the field, like fire balls, energy blasts and so on.

Rosscalvinar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of those are coded into msc, which are able to be edited via the per fighter params. param\fighter\fighter_param_vl_*.bin

Just use the param editor. Right now without any msc data to run on, we have todo our best guesses to what controls what. Best way with some objects is to get a aproximate frames there on the field, like fire balls, energy blasts and so on.
Thanks. I found this list that makes editing the params easy. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...CE2QG_D8xzIv0LDMhCeZHGXjA/edit#gid=1104900741
On a different note, I've been trying to edit ness' pk flash/fire, but the graphic effects aren't stored in the effect/ness/model folder like most effects. I suspect it may be in the .ptcl file, but there is now way to open that. Any help? thanks

GudPiggeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to use FitX but while using FitC i get

> FITC v0.77 - Smash 4 Fighter Compiler platform.
> Licensed under the MIT License
> Copyright(c) 2016 Sammi Husky

> Compiling ACMD.. -> "output"

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentException: An entry with the same key already exists.
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.SortedList`2.Add(TKey key, TValue value)
at FitCompiler.Program.compile_acmd(String mlist, String output)
at FitCompiler.Program.Main(String[] args)

Don't know why, tried to reset everything but still got the error

D

Deleted User

Newbie question; what controls whether moves put a fighter into free fall? Also apologies if this is data I can easily find with the latest version, I'm a few months behind on everything due to college.

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Newbie question; what controls whether moves put a fighter into free fall? Also apologies if this is data I can easily find with the latest version, I'm a few months behind on everything due to college.

I'd say MSC, as far as I know it's not possible to prevent a move that puts you in special fall from doing so within ACMD except for making the move cancleable.

M_1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After this I get dtls has stopped working? Anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.8 KB · Views: 270

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried different versions? Is there a reason why you aren't using Sm4shExplorer?

Sm4shExplorer uses and integrates my DTLS and is only compatible with WiiU

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

After this I get dtls has stopped working? Anyone know how to fix this?
Instead of using DTLS for patching the game i would suggest you use SaltySd instead as it had no limitations on patching

M_1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sm4shExplorer uses and integrates my DTLS and is only compatible with WiiU

Instead of using DTLS for patching the game i would suggest you use SaltySd instead as it had no limitations on patching
I do use saltysd, This is for my bro he can't get cfw.

Also I'm very good with modding sm4sh, I modded just about everything, But idk where to find the background to this screen https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0pZWKqVIAAC4Jp.jpg ...Anyone know where to find it?

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do use saltysd, This is for my bro he can't get cfw.

Also I'm very good with modding sm4sh, I modded just about everything, But idk where to find the background to this screen https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0pZWKqVIAAC4Jp.jpg ...Anyone know where to find it?
It is not 1 single image, but lots of parts put together. That might help you, but if you still can't find it, go through neos files.

novakirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, that very well could be the case. It'd be cool to mess with and see if it does mess with their stage collision boxes. And yes, cross_f.rpl. Though to be fair, the symbol names themselves that i generated CRC32 of were given to me by ShinyQuagsire after he exported them from the 3ds files. (static.crs? i don't remember which file holds the debug info on 3ds)
Most possible names found so far (see attachment).

Attachments

• Events.txt
    16 KB · Views: 404

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most possible names found so far (see attachment).

Wow! This is incredibly thorough! Very nice work! How did you manage to find what the CRC's actually were? I can't imagine you bruteforced them all :P

I'll update the documentation on OpenSA as well as update my internal event dictionaries SALT.dll that FITX and SM4SHCommand use with these next time i get the chance

Reactions: I pwned U!

novakirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! This is incredibly thorough! Very nice work! How did you manage to find what the CRC's actually were? I can't imagine you bruteforced them all :P

I'll update the documentation on OpenSA as well as update my internal event dictionaries SALT.dll that FITX and SM4SHCommand use with these next time i get the chance
Thanks for the information about where you found symbol names.
The inverse image of CRC32 is very large, so the result might not 100% correct.

Last edited by novakirby,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...