ROM Hack [Release] Sm4shCommand

D

Deleted User

Why is it "dangerous territory" to offer help to a noob? Lol :P Anyway, don't mod Special_S_C1. If you want to mod the attack itself, the animation and hitbox are 3 spaces down, in unparsed hex. Exanple, SpecialSC1, go to SpecialSC3, and then one down. Should be it. Also, about Falco, just delete everything in the GFX tab. Fox's nair has no GFX, so deleting all the script in the GFX should work.

Oh btw, you should check out my mod I'm starting! Roy is the only one public (and trust I made him way better!) It's meant to replicate PM in terms of scale, and make Smash 4 faster by bringing back some Melee styled mechanics! (totally shallow self-promotion I know :P)
I went down right under SpecialSStart and found the corresponding unparsed file that goes with the punch animation. In other words, I DID modify that file originally, not the SpecialSStart file. It works as intended, but crashes when the move doesn't connect with another player/enemy. Thanks for the falco bit though, that's painfully obvious in retrospect.

And yeah, as long as your mod is on Wii U, I'd love to give it a try ^_^

The_Marcster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. Click the link
2. Click the tab of the param you want data for. (hint: you want fighter_param)
3. CTRL+F -> air
4. ???
5. Profit

I'm sorry, but where can you change tabs?

Edit: I just noticed the document didn't load completely before because of my slow internet -_-
Thanks for the help anyways

Last edited by The_Marcster,

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went down right under SpecialSStart and found the corresponding unparsed file that goes with the punch animation. In other words, I DID modify that file originally, not the SpecialSStart file. It works as intended, but crashes when the move doesn't connect with another player/enemy. Thanks for the falco bit though, that's painfully obvious in retrospect.
I would suggest modding a fresh Falcon script. I got no crash issues when I modded side b uppercut endlag. And no problem about the Falco thing.

Last edited by gryz,
Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I would suggest modding a fresh Falcon script. I got no crash issues when I modded side b uppercut endlag. And no problem about the Falco thing.
Ran into the same exact issue with gannondorf's up tilt. What's bothersome about this is that it's a 1 script move, so I have no clue how it can go wrong when it works perfectly fine with almost every other single script move I've modded thus far. Tried it with Set_frame_duration in just the Main tab and another time putting Set_frame_duration in every tab (Main, SFX, GFX, Expression) but it crashes either way.

D

Deleted User

How do I know what files to place over the standard script files and which ones to omit? That is to say, for example, one mod I downloaded only provides effect.bin, game.bin, and sound.bin (does not include expression.bin or motion.mtable) in the animcmd folder, while a different mod I looked at uses all the files in the animcmd folder. So far I've been running my modifications using only the effect.bin, game.bin, and sound.bin files. Could this cause malfunctions if certain files are either included or excluded? The game freezes when I try to start a game or training match when I use all of the animcmd files from my edits, and I'm unsure if this is just some information I missed or if there's a different issue behind why the game freezes when I try to use a modified ganon up tilt or a falcon side special. Thanks for being paitent with me, this is a learning process, lol.

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know what files to place over the standard script files and which ones to omit? That is to say, for example, one mod I downloaded only provides effect.bin, game.bin, and sound.bin (does not include expression.bin or motion.mtable) in the animcmd folder, while a different mod I looked at uses all the files in the animcmd folder. So far I've been running my modifications using only the effect.bin, game.bin, and sound.bin files. Could this cause malfunctions if certain files are either included or excluded? The game freezes when I try to start a game or training match when I use all of the animcmd files from my edits, and I'm unsure if this is just some information I missed or if there's a different issue behind why the game freezes when I try to use a modified ganon up tilt or a falcon side special. Thanks for being paitent with me, this is a learning process, lol.
Use all files in the animcmd folder. I do and I never get errors.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

You only need to use the script files you edited, but there is no harm in using all the files
@BeeMill This is because (as I understand) some changes will only effect some of those files. If a character's expression has been changed during a move, and only that has been changed, then you can disregard all other files and only use the expression.bin.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Use all files in the animcmd folder. I do and I never get errors.

You only need to use the script files you edited, but there is no harm in using all the files

@BeeMill This is because (as I understand) some changes will only effect some of those files. If a character's expression has been changed during a move, and only that has been changed, then you can disregard all other files and only use the expression.bin.

I tried running a modded Ganon in which the only edits I made to his up tilt were a reduction in damage and kbg. Using every file in the animcmd folder, the game froze before the stage could even load. Using every file in the animcmd folder EXCEPT motion.mtable, the stage loaded and every edit I made worked as intended (including his down tilt and forward air which I used set_frame_duration on). Branching off of that success, I changed only ganon's up tilt, adding set_frame_duration within that script, then loaded the mods in the same fashion (using every file in the animcmd folder except motion.mtable). Testing it out, down tilt and forward air still worked exactly as they did before, however, when I tried up tilt (which I just added set_frame_duration to), the game froze right before the hitboxes came out, and my gamepad which I had been testing on emitted a single, couple second beep sound indicating a clear error.

I'm sorry I keep pushing this question, but I'm at a complete loss of what to do or think. Reminds me why I decided against becoming a professional programmer; things get frustrating, especially when you've seemingly isolated the issue but are still at a loss for a solution.

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just went to download the latest nightly, and saw I'd missed the FITD and FITC Compiler and Decompiler. So far it looks incredible! But is it stable?

SemiRotation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it's looking stable. I'm using it for a new fighter I'm working on. It works good, I just have a bit of confusion with the compiling, as well as the parsing. The -m command which is parsing doesn't seem to do anything, and you can only compile the fighter.mlist which is confusing to me since you never edit it to begin with, I usually edit the animcmd folder it gives you after the decompile.

Dogenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i've added warioman on wii u but i need to remove his invincibility, i think i need this but i don't know what to change, can someone help me?

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far it's looking stable. I'm using it for a new fighter I'm working on. It works good, I just have a bit of confusion with the compiling, as well as the parsing. The -m command which is parsing doesn't seem to do anything, and you can only compile the fighter.mlist which is confusing to me since you never edit it to begin with, I usually edit the animcmd folder it gives you after the decompile.

The fighter.mlist is what needs to be targeted for rebuild because it's basically the fighter's "project file". It represents motion.mtable. If it weren't correctly ordered on rebuild (since we don't have binaries i can't just patch motion.mtable anymore) then the character would break. the -m command in FITD is for parsing the motion folder of a character so that the decompiled .acm files are named what they would be if you "parsed animations" in SM4SHCommand.

D

Deleted User

i've added warioman on wii u but i need to remove his invincibility, i think i need this but i don't know what to change, can someone help me?
If you're referring to super armor, you should be able to remove the Set_armor lines in each individual move to get that effect.

D

Deleted User

Surely I'm not the only one who's run into the game freezing issue, right? I tried a fresh script and the issue still persists. From my testing, everything only goes to hell when I add Set_frame_duration(Speed=[Any value below 1, like 0.5]). I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining, this has just become pretty frustrating and has left me baffled. If there's a better place to ask, I'll gladly be redirected there, I don't want to make this thread a BeeMill learns how to mod thread.

Last edited by ,

Yudowat

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Surely I'm not the only one who's run into the game freezing issue, right? I tried a fresh script and the issue still persists. From my testing, everything only goes to hell when I add Set_frame_duration(Speed=[Any value below 1, like 0.5]). I'm sorry if I sound like I'm whining, this has just become pretty frustrating and has left me baffled. If there's a better place to ask, I'll gladly be redirected there, I don't want to make this thread a BeeMill learns how to mod thread.
Make sure at the end of the move you set the speed back to 1. Use the same command at the end of the move but with Speed=1

D

Deleted User

Make sure at the end of the move you set the speed back to 1. Use the same command at the end of the move but with Speed=1
I've tried that multiple times and placing the Speed=1 in multiple positions within the code, but to no avail; the game still crashes. What really confuses me is that this has only been an issue so far with ganon's up tilt and falcon's side special. Every other move I've used set_frame_duration on works perfectly fine. And the only single thing that has crashed the game when modding ganon's up tilt was set_frame_duration. Just editing the damage and knockback values alone worked fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols