OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
icon.png

This is a port of SaveMii to WUT.

What does this mean?
It's basically faster than the original as it's using a modern toolchain for building it
Also, it comes as an rpx instead of an elf, so when Aroma comes out, compatibility won't be an issue anymore, you could also create a channel with it

Links
Discord Server
Source
Downloads

1.3.1:
  • Improve up to 6 times backup speeds
1.3.2:
  • Fix backing up from vWii and USB
  • Improve even more copy speeds
Changelog:
  • Added Wiimote/Wii U Pro Controller/Wii Classic Controller support, as suggested by @ber71
  • Fixed Batch Backup
Changelog:
  • Fixed restoring
  • Fixed wiping
  • Fixed vWii cursor overlapping
  • Fixed prompts not reading correctly the input
Changelog:
  • Now uses freetype, which means it uses the system font
Changelog:
  • Fix restoring and backing up savedata to some titles
  • Fix confirm prompts not being able to be exited
Changelog:
  • Fix copying from mlc (thanks V10lator)
  • Fix not being able to exit certain menus
Changelog:
  • Lists game demos and VC injections
  • Improved controls a lot (it is now usable)
  • Fixed copying from/to mlc
  • Other misc. changes
Changelog:
  • SaveMii will now show the dates of the backups (only for the new backups)
  • Using libfat, which improves speeds on games like BOTW
Changelog:
  • Fix displaying files with long names when copying (this fixes copying mk8 for example)
  • While trying to fix the above bug, I ported some code to std::string, so, uh, there's that

Last edited by Xpl0itU,

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for this :) I made a Forwarder Channel :) but it seems the Savemii RPX doesn't exit, I can bring up the WiiU Home Menu fine but when I try to exit it just stays on the WiiU Menu loading screen forever..

EDIT: I was sooo tempted to use the Smallville theme as a Boot Sound but ended up going with the default WiiU one LOL

Attachments

• SaveMii Forwarder [101911FF].zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 140
Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ber71 and Xpl0itU

ber71

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for this :) I made a Forwarder Channel :) but it seems the Savemii RPX doesn't exit, I can bring up the WiiU Home Menu fine but when I try to exit it just stays on the WiiU Menu loading screen forever..

Great contribution. Where should be the rpx placed?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I made a Forwarder Channel :) but it seems the Savemii RPX doesn't exit, I can bring up the WiiU Home Menu fine but when I try to exit it just stays on the WiiU Menu loading screen forever..
A channel is not a forwarder! Other that that a channel needs proper ProcUI implentation (handling more states than a HBL homebrew + needing to tell CafeOS to not reload itself (as "itself" = HBL) but the Wii U menu after exit). Proper ProcUI implentation is one of the hardest things... IIRC even WUT examples do it wrong...

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A channel is not a forwarder! Other that that a channel needs proper ProcUI implentation (handling more states than a HBL homebrew + needing to tell CafeOS to not reload itself (as "itself" = HBL) but the Wii U menu after exit). Proper ProcUI implentation is one of the hardest things... IIRC even WUT examples do it wrong...
The Channel I made loads the apps rpx from a custom path on the sd card rather than the Code folder .. isnt that the definition of a forwarder? :P
It makes life easier, so instead of repacking/reinstalling the Channel everytime there's an update to the app you just update the rpx on the sd card :)
I understand ProcUI is hard to get right, I've been hoping for it to get fixed for RA for years :P

Schmeerio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I run this tool, none of my games show as having been played before so I get the error that I need to start them first.

using tiramisu and mii maker HBL.

Any ideas what could cause this symptom?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her into the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says...