Hacking [Release] Savegame Manager Plugin for NTR 1.0 & 2.0

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read the whole thread, and I'd just like to check that I will be able to move a save from an ACNL cart to a legit cia, if I delete the "secure value" first. I won't run into any anti save restoration crap?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've read the whole thread, and I'd just like to check that I will be able to move a save from an ACNL cart to a legit cia, if I delete the "secure value" first. I won't run into any anti save restoration crap?
Correct. As long as you remove the secure value you should be good to go.

Reactions: Margen67 and Allied

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i think i read someone say that you can edit the save itself to delete the secure value?
but i thought it was saved on nand - so maybe they were wrong.

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Correct. As long as you remove the secure value you should be good to go.

Great, thanks. Just to check, am I removing the secure value from the CIA save I'm overwriting, the cart save (does it even have one?), or both? I was a little confused on that front reading through the thread.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great, thanks. Just to check, am I removing the secure value from the CIA save I'm overwriting, the cart save (does it even have one?), or both? I was a little confused on that front reading through the thread.

Secure Values are only on installed games, carts don't have that kind of protection.

Reactions: Margen67 and Allied

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to all this so please bare with me: I purchased CN today and installed CFW and savegame manager plugin. I backed up my retail MH4U save and want to use it with my GW and backed up rom of said game. How do I go about doing this if possible? Help/thoughts appreciated :)

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've read through the thread but I all I get about the Pokemon games is conflicting answers, is it possible to transfer the saves from the cart to legit cia's, and if so how would I go about it?

Totally works, transferred from gamecart with 6.3 save to legit cia.

0bvious

Trophies
XP
Country
I have an Old 3DS running 9.2

I would LOVE to be able to downgrade my 9.2 system to 4.5, but am stuck because a lot of my carts use 6.3+ encryption.

Can I install NTR 1.0 / 2.0 on my Old 3DS?

Can I use this tool to backup / decrypt my saves?

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Old 3DS running 9.2

I would LOVE to be able to downgrade my 9.2 system to 4.5, but am stuck because a lot of my carts use 6.3+ encryption.

Can I install NTR 1.0 / 2.0 on my Old 3DS?

Can I use this tool to backup / decrypt my saves?
From what I have read, only the n3ds can use this for the 6.3 saves, the o3ds can only run it on 4.5 and it cant decrypt the 6.3 saves, so atm no, it wont help the 6.3 games.

sanni

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can this backup the savegame from a preinstalled Majoras Mask on a New 3DS XL 9.2 so I can transfer it to an old 3DS running 4.5 CFW? I do not have a Gateway.

apatuka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I like this plugin so much !
I hope this get as an "integrated plugin" because everytime i took my SD card from the console and insert it again, the plugin gets unloaded and i have to manually boot the ntr again.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like this plugin so much !
I hope this get as an "integrated plugin" because everytime i took my SD card from the console and insert it again, the plugin gets unloaded and i have to manually boot the ntr again.
Patches are stored and loaded from the SD, of course they'll unload if you remove it...

3dsgamer1230

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im not very good with computers or computer terms and acronyms and i am wondering if this works on the old 3ds. I might be doing something wrong or its just the old3ds. Please respond. Thank you:yay:

Last edited by 3dsgamer1230,

3dsgamer1230

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, im not very good with computers or computer terms and acronyms and i am wondering if this works on the old 3ds. I might be doing something wrong or its just the old3ds. Please respond. Thank you:yay:

Edit: i tried it with my new 3dsxl and it didnt work... Do i have to put it in a certian folder or am i supposed to use 1 or 2. Im trying to get a save of my kid icarus uprising

Last edited by 3dsgamer1230,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...