Hacking [Release] rxTools - Roxas75 3DS Toolkit [fw 2.0 - 9.2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region free does not work on new 3ds, at least not without freemultipatcher.
Wrong answer. I played a Japanese game before posting just to make sure. You can't assert anything at all when you refuse to update. Install the latest rxtools and get it running with the proper firmware files, then come talk.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know then when I always read region free is broken on n3ds and only works on o3ds, just like fbi injection.
There have been 739 commits to the source code since the last official release in Sep 29. Things constantly change, so you can't go around taking everything you read on a 768 page thread for gospel. Try it yourself first, with the latest version. Then speak from experience. You need NTR with the language plugin configured to use DLC in languages other than your own system's setting. Other than that, region free works fine for me.

Last edited by urherenow,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And what about better not using latest nightly because of instability

I am using the very latest nightly on N3DS, it is working flawlessly, out of region works, menu with all options such as devmode/pastamode working very well

In fact the boot rate via menuhax has improved to nearly a 100% for me now

Give it a try

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Region Free means you can play CIAs from other regions, right?
Well, if that's the case. I can safely say that IT DOES WORK with the latest nightly (Dec 5).

I remember I installed CIAs that were not from my region by accident and they did play.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
[QUOTE="urherenow, post: 5876155, member: 161063"
Nope. Did you update the .3dsx file as well? You need to. And you should really be using the Dec 5 nightly at this point, unless you're one of those people with a ridiculous need to play DSi and GBA on emunand...[/QUOTE]

It's the first time I set up a CFW...I never used a previous build.I started with my 3ds at sysnand 4.3.0-9E , for convenience I decided to set up the 4.x MSET exploit. I also installed rxtools as an app to be launched from homebrew with ninjhax 1.1...I then updated my sysnand to 9.2 with a modified update pack that would keep my MSET low
..It was successful, then I did two things: install the 4.X DG Mset through my ds flashcart, and put the slot key file back to my pc. Afterwards I decided to install menuhax and go from ninjhax 1 to 2.5. I downloaded the starter pack, unzipped it to the root of my sd card, kept the rxtools.3dsx as it was from ninjhax1, installed menuhax through ninjhax, kept the boot as default, tried to launch rxtools from the app in homebrew from menuhax and Ninjhax..;same result: a red lower screen and an endless black screen...I have the black theme set-up in emunand but my nands are unlinked...

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am using the very latest nightly on N3DS, it is working flawlessly, out of region works, menu with all options such as devmode/pastamode working very well

In fact the boot rate via menuhax has improved to nearly a 100% for me now

Give it a try
Yeah will give it a go. I'm just confused, which firmware file do I need for the latest nightlies?

Reactions: peteruk

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks, I only know the 10-02 build where I use the reinand firmware. Other builds need other files as I understand.

And is there any chance that could mess with My existing rxtools build? Somewhere I read of a guy who claimed that he tried the latest nightly, which didn't work well and then his previous used build didn't boot anymore. I can't imagine that, shouldn't it be enough to just backup my rxtools folder and just restore it if I like to revert?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
A friend told me that he could not boot rxTools with dukesrg URL.
His 3DS is 8.1.0-10J.
He tried:
- rxTools Dec.05 & Oct.02
- Cleared all histories & cookies
- Formatted browser
- Formatted SysNAND
- Another mirror site
None of them made dukesrg URL (or the mirror) work.

Since his 3DS is 8.1.0-10J, an unmatched SysNAND, dukesrg URL is the one and only method to boot rxTools.
And now it doesn't work for it.
Can it be fixed?

Last edited by MelonGx,

Ripper00420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His 3DS is 8.1.0-10J.
He tried:
- Formatted browser
- Formatted SysNAND
- Another mirror site

Since his 3DS is 8.1.0-10J, an unmatched SysNAND, dukesrg URL is the one and only method to boot rxTools.
Can it be fixed?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

This is the answers for almost any question asked here.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
His 3DS is 8.1.0-10J.
He tried:
- Formatted browser
- Formatted SysNAND
- Another mirror site

Can it be fixed?
Also links in my sig should help. update to 9.2 already. And between December and October, the required files have changed at least twice, so you can't just try one after the other...

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Also links in my sig should help. update to 9.2 already. And between December and October, the required files have changed at least twice, so you can't just try one after the other...
He used a pre-bundled pack which had already contained the suitable version of firmware.bin/firm-directory pre-placed by me.
I also told him to delete everything before copy rxTools folder to SD root.
So he never had the file problem.

I thought it would be an incompatible issue of the Spider Hack exploiting unmatched SysNAND.
But in this case only rxTools URL didn't work.
Gateway URL booted that machine very well.

Last edited by MelonGx,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spiderhax is so yesterday. Time to switch to homemenuhax and ctrbootmanager. And for accessing eshop on <10.3 emunand, nothing really beats hblauncher_loader for launching HBL and HANS for the eshop. All of these cool options is why I keep telling people to upgrade to 9.2 already. The only real hassle is (to my knowledge), there's no offline way to launch the gateway loader from 9.2 on O3DS. AFAIK, you need the browser for that.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
spiderhax is so yesterday. Time to switch to homemenuhax and ctrbootmanager. And for accessing eshop on <10.3 emunand, nothing really beats hblauncher_loader for launching HBL and HANS for the eshop. All of these cool options is why I keep telling people to upgrade to 9.2 already. The only real hassle is (to my knowledge), there's no offline way to launch the gateway loader from 9.2 on O3DS. AFAIK, you need the browser for that.
No way to get 9.0-9.2 for rxTools URL unbootable 7.0-8.1 JPN.
The only way is to find out how it cannot boot and fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Atleast online