Not open for further replies.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GBA VC is no longer working on new3ds.
If you want to get it working, try using cakesfw/2nd Oct. rxTools nightly with patched agb_firm.

im on the latest nightly from lavanoid isnt that meant to be the one with patch agb_firm?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i dunno if that was still the case as it was with Rxtools 2.xx back in june/july that and the main github only supplies one type of Rxtools surely it would supply both if that was the case that and no updates about it on github

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed that the success rate for getting rxTools to boot depends on how you're launching it.

I think the confusing parts is that the installation instruction have changed a few times during 3.0's development. I'm not surprised that people are having issues since they don't feel the need to re-read the instructions as they don't realize they may have changed.

Last edited by ccfman2004,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guessing the Devs are taking a holiday then.

Have a request for them to build a latest Commit with AGB support
Reason why is this

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-custom-firmware-switcher-rxtools-mod.391223/

Comes with a Cia for convenience
This is what it does

My software just switch modded rxTools.dat in the SD card. One is HWCF1.BIN (GBAMode) and the other one is HWCF2.BIN (SmashMode). My app renames one of these to rxTools.dat and then re-start the 3DS, leaving the other file in the SD card to switch when you want.

Cheap and easy solution to having both. Problem is there are a large amount of commits between the October 2nd build and December Nightly which include a bunch of N3DS changes. Would just be way simpler if i had 2 of the latest builds one with SSB and one with AGB

Heres the main line of code where it switches STMG and STGBA is gba stands for smashmode rxtools.dat it determines this by the remaning HWCF1.bin = STMG and HWCF2.bin = STGBA remaining on root as one gets renamed to Rxtools.bin on App run

It literally just renaming 2 different Rxtools.dat on the fly an reboots system to make GBA work but its great

Code:
if estado == "STMHG" then
                System.renameFile("/rxTools.dat","/HWCF2.BIN")
                System.renameFile("/HWCF1.BIN","/rxTools.dat")
            else
                System.renameFile("/rxTools.dat","/HWCF1.BIN")
                System.renameFile("/HWCF2.BIN","/rxTools.dat")
            end
            Screen.freeImage(imgba)
            Screen.freeImage(imgmh)
            Screen.freeImage(imgrb)
            Screen.freeImage(imgms)
            System.reboot()

Last edited by izy,

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guessing the Devs are taking a holiday then.

Have a request for them to build a latest Commit with AGB support
Reason why is this

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-custom-firmware-switcher-rxtools-mod.391223/

Comes with a Cia for convenience
This is what it does

Cheap and easy solution to having both. Problem is there are a large amount of commits between the October 2nd build and December Nightly which include a bunch of N3DS changes. Would just be way simpler if i had 2 of the latest builds one with SSB and one with AGB

Heres the main line of code where it switches STMG and STGBA is gba stands for smashmode rxtools.dat it determines this by the remaning HWCF1.bin = STMG and HWCF2.bin = STGBA remaining on root as one gets renamed to Rxtools.bin on App run

It literally just renaming 2 different Rxtools.dat on the fly an reboots system to make GBA work but its great

Code:
if estado == "STMHG" then
                System.renameFile("/rxTools.dat","/HWCF2.BIN")
                System.renameFile("/HWCF1.BIN","/rxTools.dat")
            else
                System.renameFile("/rxTools.dat","/HWCF1.BIN")
                System.renameFile("/HWCF2.BIN","/rxTools.dat")
            end
            Screen.freeImage(imgba)
            Screen.freeImage(imgmh)
            Screen.freeImage(imgrb)
            Screen.freeImage(imgms)
            System.reboot()
This is old though, way back when rxTools was first cracked. The complaints for AGB compatibility on the N3DS has been a recent thing I think, so I assume it's only been a problem with the more recent nightlies. GBA games are working for me with the 10-02 build on my O3DS; I only install and play them in sysnand though. And SSB and MH4/MHX work as well.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah im on N3DS and i dont really want to revert to commits so far back from the latest nightly and i dont want to use sysnand at all so thats why i referred to the tool as and asked for an updated nightly with the patch as im not sure 02/10 version works with latest ngihtly especially with all the changes and firmware.bin rename etc

Reactions: peteruk

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yeah im on N3DS and i dont really want to revert to commits so far back from the latest nightly and i dont want to use sysnand at all so thats why i referred to the tool as and asked for an updated nightly with the patch as im not sure 02/10 version works with latest ngihtly especially with all the changes and firmware.bin rename etc
Right, I'm not sure either since I don't have a N3DS. Just in case you didn't know, you have to install to sysnand if you want to play GBA in emunand, that's just the nature of it right now until someone finds a way.
http://dukesrg.no-ip.org/3ds/cakes/?rxinstaller.bin
Is this URL still working? Is there a new URL to install the MSET exploit?
There's this one as well: http://dukesrg.github.io/?rxinstaller.bin

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is it normal that I can't launch rxtools as an app from the homebrew menu with menuhax using the 10-2 build?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has Steve added the 4.x DG ROP? There was no ROP for downgraded MSETs.

No but I've installed 6x and there in fbi. That's what I'm using for old 3ds
There's no reason to use 4.x anymore, so there is no reason for 4.x MSET (Unless you have a Gateway and N3ds). It's much better to use 9.2 sysnand and 6.x MSET so you also have control over NNID and don't have to bother with the slot25 key thing either.Not to mention, you'd be gaining browserhax and menuhax, etc...

Is it normal that I can't launch rxtools as an app from the homebrew menu with menuhax using the 10-2 build?
Nope. Did you update the .3dsx file as well? You need to. And you should really be using the Dec 5 nightly at this point, unless you're one of those people with a ridiculous need to play DSi and GBA on emunand...

Last edited by urherenow,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason to update on n3ds? Region free doesn't work anyway. I'm also on October 2 build and don't see what's missing
What are you talking about? Region free works just fine. I play Taiko no Tatsujin on my US console probably more than any other game.

menuhax and such still needs 9.x. 9.2 is the best sysnand firmware for ALL 3DS MODELS.

Last edited by urherenow,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.cbsnews.com/losangeles/news/71-year-old-arrested-after-lapd-finds-nearly-3000-boxes-o...