Status
Not open for further replies.

pedrobarca

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
(He refers to n3DS in this quote, but just pretend that's the target console in this situation. ;) )
Might not need to decrypt/renecrypt data folder after all.

Any chance you can write something up for rxTools to do this? I've been wanting to manually transfer over the movable.sed file so I can restore my original friend code and friend list. This would also allow me to use my old save games and other stuff from a bricked 3DS I no longer own. Since my NNID has been moved over to my current 3DS I can just copy the data over. But the movable.sed has to be modified (this appears to involve altering the KeyY string stored in the movable.sed file). The string has to be rehashed using the AES engine on the 3DS as well as the data/dbs folder being decrypted and re-encrypted. So this sounds like something rxTools could do. :D

Moving over SD content might take a lot of programming to do as that might also need to be decrypted from the source system and then reencrypted for the target system. (although you already have a way of dumping title keys, and the title folder of the fat16 partition. And I think you already plan on doing SD content decryption without using xorpads. It's just a matter of also doing reencryption for that then)

But having an extractor and injector of the entire dbs folder and the data folder in the fat16 partition would be a great start and would be more then enough for me.

I'm sure I'm not the only person that could benefit from this. For example, if someone had a whole bunch of important game saves/SD content/Friend Code and friend list on their 3DS and they have decrypted backups and the 3DS breaks from bricking or physical damage, being able to manually transfer over the data would be a life saver for them. I think it's only the movable.sed file that is the roadblock right now. ;)

EDIT: Refer to this thread regarding this particular issue. It happened to be a discussion on region swapping a 3DS and this is another situation that would be helped along if you implemented this. ;)

http://gbatemp.net/threads/nand-trading-for-region-change.384115

In some parts I don't understand what youre talking about, since I lack the knowledge. But if it possible to do a manual system transfer, which does not require to be on the latest version, with the stuff youre describing, then I would love to see this added to rxTools, too. I did an emuNAND to emuNAND system Transfer with my new 3DS. Now I can't play my DSiWare and GBA games. I hope with a manual system transfer I could relink my emuNAND and sysNAND again and therefore have those games installed on sysNAND.

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this tool capable of decrypting a Palantine CFW emunand?
If not, is it possible to do so through another method or otherwise extract files from the NAND filesystem?

jamieyello

Professional Dumbass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the greatest, finally emunand and even easy rom decryption. Now I can play emulators the way they were intended to be played for the first time in history without breaking the law.

I haven't played smash online in so long either

Reactions: Roxas75

Roxas75

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a little update. I mostly got rxTools to run on ninjhax.
I just have to improve the stability and some things with the web browser.
I'll obviously release only when it's stable.

Also, i have enough beta-testers now, thank you all!
If i'll need more i'll advise you.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a little update. I mostly got rxTools to run on ninjhax.
I just have to improve the stability and some things with the web browser.
I'll obviously release only when it's stable.

Also, i have enough beta-testers now, thank you all!
If i'll need more i'll advise you.

Sorry if I missed this, but will this be the first solution to have EmuNand on new3DSxl for those without a gateway card?

bbmax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Roxas75 is this compatible with 2DS? to get ticket out off bundle games?

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Roxas75 is this compatible with 2DS? to get ticket out off bundle games?
2DS under 9.2 have the browser exploit . Obviously yes (i think)

Me too i look for a 2ds bundle(pokemon x/y/ORAS) but it's hard to find someone with one.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
slightly annoying as i had a tomodachi life 2ds system for a few days before this tool was released, would of been able to dump that too....but oh well im sure someone will get one soon

bbmax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dumping today EU-3ds xl smash bros LE with difrent sysNAND ver 4.5.0-8E 8.1.0-19E and 9.2.0-19E with rxTools 2.2 and GW 3.1.1 found that 4.5.0-8E,8.1.0-19E,9.2.0-19E dumped with GW and 4.5.0-8E,8.1.0-19E,9.2.0-19E dumped with rxTools are difrent inside ,not only few bytes the diferences are llarge.
Files have same size

Howto explain this? and both are safe?

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Dumping today EU-3ds xl smash bros LE with difrent sysNAND ver 4.5.0-8E 8.1.0-19E and 9.2.0-19E with rxTools 2.2 and GW 3.1.1 found that 4.5.0-8E,8.1.0-19E,9.2.0-19E dumped with GW and 4.5.0-8E,8.1.0-19E,9.2.0-19E dumped with rxTools are difrent inside ,not only few bytes the diferences are llarge.
Files have same size

Howto explain this? and both are safe?
did you dumped the CIA with gateway, or the tickets ?
(and you did ofc dump the tickets on rxTools, right ?)
if you dumped the CIA, i doubt it is signed, since it ripped an installed CIA, and i doubt that could rip the signature and sign the CIA, so i believe only the FunkyCIA is legit (but i could be totally wrong)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
did you dumped the CIA with gateway, or the tickets ?
(and you did ofc dump the tickets on rxTools, right ?)
if you dumped the CIA, i doubt it is signed, since it ripped an installed CIA, and i doubt that could rip the signature and sign the CIA, so i believe only the FunkyCIA is legit (but i could be totally wrong)
nope you just rip the ticket and build it with funkycia, but EU Clean SSB is already publicly ripped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls