Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good news, and bad news. rxTools 3.0b works great through Spider and CN, but the MSET ROP seems to be largely unstable and always freezes. Just hold tight, I'm sure a fix will be out sooner or later, with the 3.0rc at latest I'd assume.

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rxtools loaded from mset has an issue: it freezes after having drawn the bottom screen image. I have to fix it :(

Does that mean that's the reason why I'm never getting past "INSTALLATION DATA SUITE / PLEASE STAND BY"?

Jaitsu

Yet Another GBATemp Furry
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good, I was afraid it was because I'd modified my AGB_FIRM or something. :D (I've risked messing with my SysNAND once, I'm not in any hurry to do it again.) Strange that it only happens from mset, though; I'd have thought that once it reached the point of "booted," it'd be essentially the same code running. Guess not.

Reactions: AlbertoSONIC

Koryushin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just tried with spider and i have the same issue. Stuck at data installation.
I checked my sd and on Rxtools folder it should be a data hidden folder, i just have the nand folder and theme folder.

Edit: unfortunately i don't have CN, to test ninjhax.
i'm on 4.5 so Spider or Mset are my only solution.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Good, I was afraid it was because I'd modified my AGB_FIRM or something. :D (I've risked messing with my SysNAND once, I'm not in any hurry to do it again.) Strange that it only happens from mset, though; I'd have thought that once it reached the point of "booted," it'd be essentially the same code running. Guess not.
Rxtools code is the same, but every entrypoint passes to rxtools its own framebuffer offset, which i think it's the cause.

tranxuanthang

Trophies
XP
Country
Is the project still continue? I'm using rxtools 2.6 (git), if I go to rxtools menu via mset when 3D is on, The top screen will fuck my eyes: left eye see the rx menu (black background), right eye i see the white screen.

Reactions: Hashtastrophe

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Is the project still continue? I'm using rxtools 2.6 (git), if I go to rxtools menu via mset when 3D is on, The top screen will fuck my eyes: left eye see the rx menu (black background), right eye i see the white screen.
Also GW suffers of this so...
Nintendo use not only dual screens but also dual outputs on its top screen to achieve "3D" vision. When been calculated carefully.
To be simple that's not a big problem especially you don't care about 3D vision with a 2D program, So turn your 3D off..
I thought there is some functions to disable the 3D output for top screen, or just write to the other buffer of it. It should be not of any priority currently.

I do wanna know what's the next plan for this. AlbertoSONIC.
Emunand support for N3DS? If so you may have to know how to decrypt it well and patch it and get it to work. You may need someone brave having a N3DS to test it.
I posted one about the questions rx would face sometime ago, but seems not been given any response.
The worse i could think of is that on N3DS the RAM of FIRM is mapped read-only totally. Hope that is not.

AlbertoSONIC

Pasta Team Member
Trophies
Website
www.albertosonic.com
XP
Country
Italy
Nintendo use not only dual screens but also dual outputs on its top screen to achieve "3D" vision. When been calculated carefully.
To be simple that's not a big problem especially you don't care about 3D vision with a 2D program, So turn your 3D off..
I thought there is some functions to disable the 3D output for top screen, or just write to the other buffer of it. It should be not of any priority currently.

I do wanna know what's the next plan for this. AlbertoSONIC.
Emunand support for N3DS? If so you may have to know how to decrypt it well and patch it and get it to work. You may need someone brave having a N3DS to test it.
I posted one about the questions rx would face sometime ago, but seems not been given any response.
The worse i could think of is that on N3DS the RAM of FIRM is mapped read-only totally. Hope that is not.
The plan is:
-Fixing MSET and SPIDER on o3ds
-Adding n3ds support to dumper, decryptor ecc
-Add firmlaunch for n3ds (rxmode in sysnand)
-Add emunand for n3ds

P.S. I'll work on 2), @motezazer on 3), at the same time ;)

Last edited by AlbertoSONIC,

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The plan is:
-Fixing MSET and SPIDER on o3ds
-Adding n3ds support to dumper, decryptor ecc
-Add firmlaunch for n3ds (rxmode in sysnand)
-Add emunand for n3ds

P.S. I'll work on 2), mote on 3), at the same time ;)
Great to hear N3DS support is coming!

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
If you insist:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/rxTools/releases/tag/3.0b

It's pre-release though and isn't the "official" build. Actual 3.0 will probably have n3DS support and they won't release 3.0 until they get that ironed out.

I nested the theme bin files in the 0 folder in theme folder. Just copy theme folder to rxTools directory on SD card.

This version does work on Ninjhax. They finally got the screen buffers fixed. (turns out there was an additional change to brahma code to get that working. Kinda wished I took a closer look at the brahma code yesterday. I was actually looking for references to bottom screen offset. Guess I didn't try hard enough. :P )

stuck on installation data suite :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries