Hacking [RELEASE] Regionthree: Region Free loader for 3DS/2DS/xl from 9.0~9.4, Sky3DS Users, regionfree!!

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First let me say thanks Smea for this. Nice work man. I have said before that the skill some of you young kids possess truly makes me envious. I myself am way too old (45 last October, damn I'm getting old) to start trying to learn half of what you guys are capable of. Simply awe inspiring, in my eyes anyway. I can guarantee you guys he did not intend this to be used to enhance the features of your flashcart either. Now, my take on the whole sky3ds vs Gateway thing.

I have been using flashcarts for close to 15 years. One thing I can tell you for sure. Nintendo did not care one bit about flashcarts for a very long time. The reason why? People of average knowledge (not intelligence but knowledge) could not use them. It took alot of work to use them. When they became easy to use, so that even a monkey could use them, Nintendo took notice. That is when they started working so very hard to block them.

The amount of revenue lost in the beginning was so minimal it truly was just a drop in the ocean. Once the real flashcart teams perfected the technology, the revenue loss evolved into more of a drop in the teacup. That is when Nintendo saw the loss and started fighting back. I promise you this, They have employees whose sole purpose is to figure out how to block flashcarts. If you have been around long enough, you know that the last major update that blocked 95% of flashcarts, ended the constant tit for tat between flashcart teams and Nintendo. It was back to a drop in the ocean. An acceptable level of lost revenue had been reached at that point.

We are slowly getting back to the drop in a teacup point again. Gateway still requires some effort to use but it has almost every feature you could want in a flashcart. Sky3ds has done a great job of using other peoples work to make it better than it was at first launch. But it still lacks features compared to Gateway. The real problem is, it's too easy for even a monkey to use a sky3ds. Believe me, Nintendo notices this fact as well.

Competition is great for the end user because it forces the teams to constantly one-up each other. I can't wait to see who releases a true realtime cheat system for us. One that allows us to hack our own cheats. That was the main reason I started using flashcarts. It was easier to find and apply cheatcodes when a game was on a flashcart than when I had my original cart plugged into another device that was then plugged into my console.

I own every game that I have on my flashcarts. I know I am not the norm but the exception. I'm not trying to make anyone else look bad because of this. I'm not gonna lie and tell you I have never put a game I do not own on my carts. I still use my carts to try games before deciding which ones to spend my money on. Usually you can find dumps of games days, or in some rare cases, weeks before retail releases. When you wait months for the next Pokemon game, It's awesome to be able to stand in line at the gamestore to pick up your preordered copy of the game you are playing, heh. Unfortunately, this generation has issues to moving saves between flashcart and retail cart. This means if I start the game on my flashcart, I usually have to finish it there too. That explains why I have several pokemon games that are still unopened in their retail packages. If I had not had to have a retail cart to transfer the items from my demo to the game, OR and AS would still be sealed.

Anyway, my point is this. Nintendo will block your cart soon. Gateway will be safe because they just allowed thousands of people to downgrade their system to a version that cannot be patched to block their product. They probably won't survive a major hardware change like a whole new console (N3DS is just a minor revision like dsi was in the NDS generation). They might find a new exploit in it and create a new product for it. In that case, I will then buy another product from a proven, tried and true, company.

donteatchalk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when people talk about sky3ds getting blocked does that mean that with the next update, sky3ds (in this case) won't work anymore? would forgoing the update still let you play offline with the cart?

jon2491

Trophies
XP
Country
when people talk about sky3ds getting blocked does that mean that with the next update, sky3ds (in this case) won't work anymore? would forgoing the update still let you play offline with the cart?
Probably. If 9.5 blocks Sky3DS everyone should stay on 9.4 and hope that regionthree is enough to play new games.

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I hope this will come to the N3DS. This Region Lock is just bullsh*t. My EU Pokemon Alpha Saphir shows up in the Home Menu on my JP N3DS, but I cant start it...

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope this will come to the N3DS. This Region Lock is just bullsh*t. My EU Pokemon Alpha Saphir shows up in the Home Menu on my JP N3DS, but I cant start it...

If it does ever come to N3DS it won't be through the browser. It might be possible to port to Ninjhax if/when smealum open sources it (which he has said recently he might do soon), but he also said it'd be not as easy as the trick with the browser.

seannyrocks1

Trophies
XP
Country
just a few questions i have a new nintendo 3ds xl version 9.4.0-32E if i put the launcher.dat file on my sd card inside my 3ds and put my sky3ds into my ds and had (U) games on the sd card that's in the sky3ds would i beable to play them the only (U) game i can play atm is pokemon alpha sapphire but none others seem to work so hope my questions get answered.

MeisterFenster

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Alpha Saphir (EU) is the only game that shows up on my JP N3DS, but I cant start it. Gateway must hurry up with their N3DS exploit, after that it will only be a short amount of time before this is working on the N3DS.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The Pokemon games are somewhat unique in that the data stored on the cart is actually the same regardless of the region. They all contain multi-language data which you select at the start and the saves are cross-compatible.

Maybe the unique nature of the Pokemon carts has something to do with it.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
The Pokemon games are somewhat unique in that the data stored on the cart is actually the same regardless of the region. They all contain multi-language data which you select at the start and the saves are cross-compatible.

Maybe the unique nature of the Pokemon carts has something to do with it.

That just mean they have near-identical CXIs. Nothing different to a 3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast