Homebrew [Release] Quake2CTR - Quake 2 port

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got around to trying this, I tried with both MasterFeizz's repo and MrHuu's, but I get multiple definition errors when it links stuff. Using a fresh install of devkitPro with the 3DS components installed.

Code:
linking Quake2CTR.elf
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: game/g_main.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/game/g_main.c:47: multiple definition of `dedicated'; qcommon/common.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/qcommon/common.c:46: first defined here
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: game/g_main.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/game/g_main.c:43: multiple definition of `maxclients'; server/sv_main.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/server/sv_main.c:47: first defined here
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ctr/vid_ctr.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/ctr/vid_ctr.c:34: multiple definition of `scr_viewsize'; client/cl_scrn.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/client/cl_scrn.c:47: first defined here
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ctr/vid_ctr.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/ctr/vid_ctr.c:33: multiple definition of `vid_gamma'; ref_soft/r_main.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/ref_soft/r_main.c:137: first defined here
c:/devkitpro/devkitarm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/11.1.0/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: ctr/vid_ctr.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/ctr/vid_ctr.c:32: multiple definition of `vid_fullscreen'; ref_soft/r_main.o:C:/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/ref_soft/r_main.c:136: first defined here
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [/opt/devkitpro/devkitARM/3ds_rules:42: /c/devkitPro/projects/Quake2CTR-master/Quake2CTR.elf] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:252: build] Error 2

Any help would be nice, thanks!
Ah, I think it could be because Quake2CTR can't compile on latest versions of devkitARM and libctru. No way to fix that (to my knowledge). Sorry!
Think I've got something down.

I found an archive of old devkitPro releases, I used the latest versions of stuff before March 2020. Specifically:
Code:
devkitARM-r53-1
devkitarm-crtls-1.0.3-1
devkitarm-rules-1.0.0-1
libctru-1.6.0-1
libtonc-1.4.3-3
I backed up my devkitARM, libctru and libtonc folders and replaced them with these. Using these I can compile working .3dsx and .smdh files, I loaded them up on my 3DS and they appear to be working fine. However after building them the compile crashes again. Something about bannertool.exe, here's some output from 'make xatrix'.
Code:
linking Quake2XATRIX.elf
built ... Quake2XATRIX.smdh
built ... Quake2XATRIX.3dsx
/bin/sh: line 1: bannertool.exe: command not found
make[2]: *** [/c/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/Makefile:286: banner.bnr] Error 127
make[1]: *** [/c/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/Makefile:210: XATRIX] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:204: xatrix] Error 2

@MrHuu Do you know how to fix this? Also, since I can build working .3dsx and .smdh files, would you mind if I posted them up to save others some frustration?

EDIT: Tried 'make rogue', got
Code:
C:/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/game_rogue/g_local.h:25:10: fatal error: nan.h: No such file or directory
   25 | #include <nan.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Trying to find a fix.

EDIT 2: After some tweaks to source, Rogue compiles. I'm sad the Disruptor isn't available though... After copying bannertool.exe and makerom.exe to devkitARM/bin, vanilla, CTF, CTC, and DDay have no errors and compile .cia builds. Rogue and Xatrix still throw fits about banners.

Last edited by EvilJagaGenius,
Reactions: MrHuu

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Think I've got something down.

I found an archive of old devkitPro releases, I used the latest versions of stuff before March 2020. Specifically:
Code:
devkitARM-r53-1
devkitarm-crtls-1.0.3-1
devkitarm-rules-1.0.0-1
libctru-1.6.0-1
libtonc-1.4.3-3
I backed up my devkitARM, libctru and libtonc folders and replaced them with these. Using these I can compile working .3dsx and .smdh files, I loaded them up on my 3DS and they appear to be working fine. However after building them the compile crashes again. Something about bannertool.exe, here's some output from 'make xatrix'.
Code:
linking Quake2XATRIX.elf
/bin/sh: line 1: bannertool.exe: command not found
make[2]: *** [/c/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/Makefile:286: banner.bnr] Error 127
make[1]: *** [/c/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/Makefile:210: XATRIX] Error 2

@MrHuu Do you know how to fix this? Also, since I can build working .3dsx and .smdh files, would you mind if I posted them up to save others some frustration?

EDIT: Tried 'make rogue', got
Code:
C:/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/game_rogue/g_local.h:25:10: fatal error: nan.h: No such file or directory
   25 | #include <nan.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
Trying to find a fix.

EDIT 2: After some tweaks to source, Rogue compiles. I'm sad the Disruptor isn't available though... After copying bannertool.exe and makerom.exe to devkitARM/bin, vanilla, CTF, CTC, and DDay have no errors and compile .cia builds. Rogue and Xatrix still throw fits about banners.

Love your determination! I certainly wouldn't mind sharing these builds, if i did i wouldn't have uploaded it in the first place.
Thanks for asking btw, it's appreciated.

So if i understand right, you've been able to compile both .3dsx and .cia's for all but Rogue and Xatrix?
The process of building .smdh and banners should be the same for all builds.
I assume both bannertool and makerom are available.

Can you share the errors you're still getting building Rogue and Xatrix? Is it just the .cia builds which are failing?

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love your determination! I certainly wouldn't mind sharing these builds, if i did i wouldn't have uploaded it in the first place.
Thanks for asking btw, it's appreciated.

So if i understand right, you've been able to compile both .3dsx and .cia's for all but Rogue and Xatrix?
The process of building .smdh and banners should be the same for all builds.
I assume both bannertool and makerom are available.

Can you share the errors you're still getting building Rogue and Xatrix? Is it just the .cia builds which are failing?

It's just the .cia builds, the .3dsx seems to be fine. Here's the error from Xatrix, the last few messages from the compile.
Code:
linking Quake2XATRIX.elf
make[2]: *** [/c/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/Makefile:286: banner.bnr] Error 1
Similar for Rogue.
Code:
linking Quake2ROGUE.elf
built ... Quake2ROGUE.smdh
built ... Quake2ROGUE.3dsx
make[2]: *** [/c/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/Makefile:286: banner.bnr] Error 1
make[1]: *** [/c/devkitPro/projects/MrHuu-Quake2CTR-master/Makefile:210: ROGUE] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:204: rogue] Error 2

And the builds I have so far should be attached.

Attachments

• Q2ModBuilds_v1.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 105
Reactions: MrHuu

MrHuu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Right, the banner images have the wrong size. Try replacing the images in the 'assets' folder with the attached ones.

Attachments

• rogue_banner.png
    rogue_banner.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 115
  • xatrix_banner.png
    xatrix_banner.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 100

GaroK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can't connect to multiplayer, because upon connecting to a server my console crashes, but it all worked fine a while ago.
Any way to fix that?

Reactions: Tarmfot

MysticFlipFlop

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Peru
i got this sys_error:
unable to allocate 16777216 bytes

edit: i have an o3ds lol (first background demo gameplay runs flawlessly, that's really impressive, but after that It crashes with the same error)

Last edited by MysticFlipFlop,

EvilJagaGenius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to build this so I can adapt @MrHuu 's code and get the mission packs working with this new update, but got a missing file error:
Code:
F:/devkitProProjects/Quake2CTR-masterfeizz/client/snd_stream.c:32:10: fatal error: tremor/ivorbisfile.h: No such file or directory
   32 | #include <tremor/ivorbisfile.h>
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

Any idea where I can find the files to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: [goes back to 🛌 ] zzzzzzzzzzzzzz +1