Pokemon Rising Sun and Waning Moon
v 2.0
Works for both Pokemon Moon and Sun!
Download & Information:Google is your friend
Feedback is much appreciated and NEEDED
HOMEBREW IS REQUIRED
HOMEBREW INSTALLATION: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/
UPDATES POSTED HERE: https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm
Download & Instructions: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0By0T413LWAPQaXpEZWpiS3hldlU
NOTICE:

It has come to my attention that my old download links and instructions were within the gbatemp rules. I am not linking any actual roms, or full romfs files. I am only linking the individual edited files required to play Rising Sun & Waning Moon. If this is threatened to be taken down once more, I ask that mods first look and tell me why the Nova Sun/Umbra Moon mods do the same and have remained up.

Please ask if you want to upload this elsewhere, or at least give credit back to this post or my twitter.
Lets start off with some context. Currently, pk3DS allows us to edit the trainers and move sets of pokemon within Pokemon Sun and Moon. I decided to go ahead and create a challenge mode of sorts, similar to that of Pokemon Blaze Black/Volt White. Currently editing wild encounters!

Changes:
  • Trial Captains and Kahunas now all have teams of 6 Pokemon.
  • Level curve greatly changed. Team should be in high 70s/low 80s by the end of the elite 4.
  • Trainers have Pokemon not usually seen in Alola.
  • Movesets of weaker Pokemon is finished.
  • Youngster Joey has a top percent Rattata.
  • Wild encounters up until the post game are finished! Have fun everyone!
  • Custom music for post game returning trainers.
  • Almost every Pokemon has access to their hidden ability.
U42cJcx.png
FWhOC2l.png

IARcrst.png
hzwXlBt.png
IHBUAuF.png
UCPDYoJ.png
cvq352D.png
HHR42RO.png

Video demonstrations:
A NOTE ABOUT INSTRUCTIONS:
THE EASIEST METHOD IS GETTING A CFW, DO IT WHILE YOU CAN.
Instructions: (CFW Required for this method. See other method below if you don't have a CFW) I also still need to make the method easier for Pokemon Sun users, sorry!

THINGS YOU NEED:
- Latest nightly build of luma. (Get this through the .cia updater)
- The hack's GARC files (the stuff that actually overwrites the original assets) Get it from the Google Drive link

New and Updated Instructions! About time!

Luma Game Patcher Method:
    • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
    • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder titled romfs within luma/titles/(titleID)
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • Make sure "Enable Game Patcher" is checked in luma3ds setup.
  • Start Sun/Moon
Thats it! Easiest way to tell if its working is by starting a new game or checking your Trainer Passport.

FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Layeredfs: (These instructions only apply if you use the Layeredfs files)

The LayeredFS feature allows you to replace RomFS files with files on the SD card for most games. To use it:
  • Create a folder named titles inside luma.
  • Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (0004000000164800 for Sun, 0004000000175E00 for Moon) inside titles.
  • Create a folder called romfs in the game's folder.
  • Place the "a" and "data" folders within the "romfs" folder.
  • For example, to use LayeredFS with Pokémon™ Sun, make a folder named romfs , put your replacement files in it, then put romfs in 0004000000164800.
FOR POKEMON SUN USERS: RENAME THE "3" FILE IN a\0\8\ TO "2"

Todo:
  • Re balance according to feedback.
  • Re balance Pokemon move sets and stats once tools are available.
  • Add in last few Pokemon. (Some starters, legendaries, etc.)
  • Finish documentation on the various changes.

Credits:
  • Creators of the tools pk3DS, extract repack, etc.
  • Drayano, for being a cool guy that's better at hacking than I am
Sellout:
I'm a filthy sellout. Follow me on twitter to know when major updates for the romhack come out. https://twitter.com/KobeRobsahm

Last edited by Kobazco,

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just got home and uploaded the proper GARC files. Here are some isntructions.

1. First off you're gonna need a dumped copy of Pokemon Sun/Moon. You really should have done that by now btw.
  2. Download Extract Repack, pk3DS, and GARC Files.zip all from my Google Drive link provided in the master post.
  3. Put everything in the Extract Repack folder.
  4. Extract your Pokemon Sun/Moon .romfs by having it in the Extract Repack folder, and running Extract.bat
  5. You should now have a romfdir folder, now take the a folder inside of the GARC files you downloaded and move it into the romfdir folder. When prompted, say move and replace for all.
  6. Launch pk3DS and navigate to your Extract Repack folder.
  7. In pk3DS, do Tools -> Rebuild -> RomFS. Name the .bin file anything you want, I name mine WaningMoon.bin
  8. Launch Repack.bat
  9. When prompted, enter the name of your .bin file. Then enter the following digits when prompted: 00175e00
  10. Once Repacking is finished, move the RomFS to your Hans folder on the Root of your SD card.
  11. Launch Pokemon Sun/Moon with Hans and enable custom RomFS and it should work!
Please note that the last 2 steps only apply to Hans users, I do not know what the different steps with the RomFS are with Luma3DS, or a .cia.

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uploading a new update right now. Also a notice.

ALL FUTURE UPDATES WILL ONLY BE VIA THE GARC FILES. COMPILE THE .BIN AND ROM YOURSELVES. Instructions have been added to the master post. The reason I am only doing the individual GARC files is because it will likely be easier for the majority of the players I hope. Also it is much faster for me to upload the GARC files than the entire 3GB romfs everytime.

Changelog:
  • Reworked move sets for: Yungoos, Rattata, Pichu, Pikachu, Alolan Raichu, Rockruff, Lycanrock (Day/Night), Rowlet starter line, Zubat, Golbat, Crobat, Gastly, Haunter, Gengar, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Drowzee, Hypno, Meowth, Persian, Grimer, Muk, Ledyba, Ledian, Caterpie, Butterfree, Spinarak, Ariados, Munchlax, and Snorlax.
  • All Pokemon that required trading to evolve now evolve at level 36.
  • All Pokemon that required trading with a held item can now be evolved by using said item on them.
  • Karrablast can be evolved by having a Shelmet in the party.
  • Shelmet can be evolved by having a Karrablast in the party.
  • Fixed a few incorrect trainer move sets.

Reactions: Soulsilve2010

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ALL FUTURE UPDATES WILL ONLY BE VIA THE GARC FILES. COMPILE THE .BIN AND ROM YOURSELVES. Instructions have been added to the master post. The reason I am only doing the individual GARC files is because it will likely be easier for the majority of the players I hope. Also it is much faster for me to upload the GARC files than the entire 3GB romfs everytime.
It will be ten times easier as you can just load the files with SaltySD

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It will be ten times easier as you can just load the files with SaltySD
Good to hear. GARC is almost done updating just making sure I have everything right for once lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

GARC files have been uploaded as of now. Please test it out so I can confirm its working.

Reactions: xtheman
D

Deleted-379826

Woah amazing work! Very fast too. I may just have to give this a shot. Cool!

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Kobazco You should add steps on using it with SaltySD as that is the easiest way to load it for cfw users.
I made a little guide on using it.
Compile code.bin.
Make a folder called saltysd and inside that make a folder called "SunMoon" From their just edit it like editing the romfs.

So say you want custom music make a folder called "data" in "SunMoon" and inside that make a folder called "sound" from their download your sound file and rename it to one of the music tracks. (So if you want to replace the wild battle theme rename your download to "bgm_nj_vs_norapoke.dspadpcm.bcstm")

If you want a custom intro movie then make a folder called "m" in "SunMoon" and rename your .moflex file to title_[language].moflex and put in "m"

Run with luma code sections

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I'll go ahead and add your instructions to the master post after I take a look at them.
I mainly used examples of what to do. Just dragging the "a" folder in the garc zip to the "SunMoon" folder and compiling satlysd is all you need to do for this romhack

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mainly used examples of what to do. Just dragging the "a" folder in the garc zip to the "SunMoon" folder and compiling satlysd is all you need to do for this romhack
Cool that's how I suspected it worked. Thanks for your help I added the instructions on the main page. So I can assume the romhack works just fine for you then? Good to know at least some people managed to get it working.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool that's how I suspected it worked. Thanks for your help I added the instructions on the main page. So I can assume the romhack works just fine for you then? Good to know at least some people managed to get it working.
I have yet to test it but in theory that is all that needs to be done as it works without saltysd.

Shazamo333

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to test it but in theory that is all that needs to be done as it works without saltysd.
THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH MAN I GOT IT TO WORK. I CAN CONFIRM SALTY SD WORKING ON 2DS WITH THIS ROMHACK. :D :D D: D:D : D D D : D:D : :D :D :D :D :D :D : D: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D : D: :D :D :D:

Ok instructions for everyone who is running a o3ds/2ds and want this (or any sun/moon romhacks/mods) to work:

THINGS YOU NEED:
- Latest nightly build of luma (u don't need this but i used it so just follow me but if u know what ur doing then do whatever u want) https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
- The hack's GARC files (the stuff that actually overwrites the original assets) It's from the OP's google drive link
- A GNU Make compiler: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gn...1.exe/download?use_mirror=netassist&download=
- The code.bin file which is in the waningmoon romfsdir.zip in the OP. It is called ".code.bin" and it's located in /exefs/.code.bin when you unzip
- The source code of salty sd sunmoon, just go to saltysd on github, and download the source code, and browse to this folder https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD/tree/master/SunMoon
- A recently compiled version of armips, graciously given to me by @xtheman166 https://gbatemp.net/attachments/armips-zip.70962/ (if you could tell me how u compiled it that would be great, since i failed to compile it with visual studio, it keeps telling me that tinyformat doesn't exist)

Part 1: Compiling a saltysd_code.bin
- Browse to the sunmoon folder in the saltysd source
- In the folder, paste the armips.exe and the code.bin
- SHIFT+RIGHTCLICK in the folder, and click on "open command window here"
- type "make", and press enter (if it says unknown command see bottom of post)
- A new file called saltysd_code.bin should appear

Part 2: Running extended code with luma
- Download the luma nightly release and update ur luma (just overwrite ur old armloaderhax.bin with the new one in the download)
- Create folders called SD:\\luma\titles\0004000000175E00\
- paste saltysd_code.bn and rename it to just code.bin
- create folder called SD:\\SaltySD\sunmoon\ and place the "a" folder from the GARCS.zip in there.

Congratulations you are finished u can play the romhack now!!!!

Note: IF at the point that you type "make", it says unknown command or some shit like that, then instead of typing "make", type "C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\make.exe". (INCLUDING THE "", BECAUSE THERE IS A SPACE IN PROGRAM FILES U NEED TO INCLUDE THE "") that should work

Last edited by Shazamo333,

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THANK YOU SO FUCKING MUCH MAN I GOT IT TO WORK. I CAN CONFIRM SALTY SD WORKING ON 2DS WITH THIS ROMHACK. :D :D D: D:D : D D D : D:D : :D :D :D :D :D :D : D: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D : D: :D :D :D:

Ok instructions for everyone who is running a o3ds/2ds and want this (or any sun/moon romhacks/mods) to work:

THINGS YOU NEED:
- Latest nightly build of luma (u don't need this but i used it so just follow me but if u know what ur doing then do whatever u want) https://astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
- The hack's GARC files (the stuff that actually overwrites the original assets) It's from the OP's google drive link
- A GNU Make compiler: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gn...1.exe/download?use_mirror=netassist&download=
- The code.bin file which is in the waningmoon romfsdir.zip in the OP. It is called ".code.bin" and it's located in /exefs/.code.bin when you unzip
- The source code of salty sd sunmoon, just go to saltysd on github, and download the source code, and browse to this folder https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD/tree/master/SunMoon
- A recently compiled version of armips, graciously given to me by @xtheman166 https://gbatemp.net/attachments/armips-zip.70962/ (if you could tell me how u compiled it that would be great, since i failed to compile it with visual studio, it keeps telling me that tinyformat doesn't exist)

- type "make", and press enter

- Download the luma nightly release and update ur luma (just overwrite ur old armloaderhax.bin with the new one in the download)
- create folder called SD:\\SaltySD\sunmoon\ and place the "a" folder from the GARCS.zip in there.

So glad to hear it works! I'll go ahead and update the master post with your instructions in a bit.

Also I'll go ahead and upload the .code.bin separately so it doesn't take forever for people to download.

Last edited by Kobazco,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

THINGS YOU NEED:

- type "make", and press enter

@Kobazco You should use this as the guide for saltysd method

Kobazco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've updated the Master Post's instructions! Hopefully this should allow people to get the romhack much easier now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh forgot to mention this, Alolan Raichu learns surf.

Just thought you guys would like to know that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol