ROM Hack [Release] Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal Virtual Console Wireless Linking Patches

Would you like to see documentation on how to make patches like this in the future?

• Total voters

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Well that depends on where you got the .cia.... You couldn't have gotten it from the CDN (even if you did it wouldn't work without the seed; which you can't get until official release) so you have to be using a VC inject of sorts. Even the one I have is the "Official Crystal" injected over Pokemon Gold but the title ID changed to match the place holder on the CDN. So I'm going to assume the one you got was pre-patched, if you didn't do anything but install it.
I got Gold's CIA from that iso site and it worked fine. I messed around with the CIA and did everything to get Crystal working(Also I did this the same night GS came out), the rom I used for Cristal was a clean ROM from Spanish 1.1, so no patches applied there. That's why this whole thing is weird, It shouldn't have triggered even if I wanted to.

And yes, I'm aware Pkhex doesn't change any value besides putting the ball on the Key items slot...

Reactions: Majickhat55

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got Gold's CIA from that iso site and it worked fine. I messed around with the CIA and did everything to get Crystal working(Also I did this the same night GS came out), the rom I used for Cristal was a clean ROM from Spanish 1.1, so no patches applied there. That's why this whole thing is weird, It shouldn't have triggered even if I wanted to.

And yes, I'm aware Pkhex doesn't change any value besides putting the ball on the Key items slot...
Ah I get what you mean now, then yeah that's pretty odd Lol. Maybe it was just a combination of things you did along with the mystery gift? Who knows haha that's pretty interesting. Did you ever back up your save before you received it to maybe test it a bit? Though I honestly don't see what would have triggered it either. I mean, the hundreds of gameshark codes don't even work...

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Uh, the save file i have on Checkpoint it's quite old so i don't actually want to restore it and do everything again so, nah

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, the save file i have on Checkpoint it's quite old so i don't actually want to restore it and do everything again so, nah
Well I wasn't asking you to Lol. I was asking if you HAD... Anyway, you can still export the one you're using now so there wouldn't be any loss of progress; just saying.

Reactions: xJoelituh

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
This still doesn't answer why it got triggered on mine tho
Are you sure it's the official crystal? there are some versions floating around that has celebi patched back in permanently or maybe it's possible that nintendo had partially started making fix codes for celebi in some versions of crystal, i would take a look at the patch file from inside the romfs and see if you can find anything.

Last edited by Toni456,

xJoelituh

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are you sure it's the official crystal? there are some versions floating around that has celebi patched back in permanently or maybe it's possible that nintendo had partially started making fix codes for celebi in some versions of crystal, i would take a look at the patch file from inside the romfs and see if you can find anything.
I keep telling you.. I patched myself and I got the patch myself..

SolidReks

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, i have a .cia of Pokémon Cristallo (in Italian) legit-look made by myself using the official patch included in the Virtual Consoles Gold and Silver, but the only thing that i haven't changed is the title id. Is there a way to determine the title id of a future official version of pokémon crystal? Or I must keep the title id of the vc of gold (eng version) that i used for this rom injection?

Last edited by SolidReks,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, i have a .cia of Pokémon Cristallo (in Italian) legit-look made by myself using the official patch included in the Virtual Consoles Gold and Silver, but the only thing that i haven't changed is the title id. Is there a way to determine the title id of a future official version of pokémon crystal? Or I must keep the title id of the vc of gold (eng version) that i used for this rom injection?
The title ID, which will most likely be used for Crystal, has been leaked by SciresM. Browse his Twitter for more info on that.

Dayfid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Based off the previous title ids for Pokemon Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver, the title ID for Crystal in Italian should be: 0004000000173400

Tq6PqVe.png

(That is if i've done this correctly)

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SolidReks

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you very much!

EDIT: I have another question, is there someone who knows how to find the addresses of the bytes to change (with an hex editor) to make the celebi event work? Because the Celebi Patch only exist for the U/E version of the game, and I noticed that the Italian version has not the same byte in the same addresses, and also changing the "corresponding" bytes in the italian version brings to nothing. I ask this because i'm working on a better italian version of the game, there are some bugs like two tiles of the route 22 that i managed to resolve. The only things that are left are Celebi and the Leader Janine battle sprite bug, and probably a little text change to make everything better (for the park map in the ex safari zone of kanto). If someone can also provide to me the address of leader Janine battle sprite (in the U/E rom, i will find myself the corresponding bytes in the italian version) it would be awesome. Sorry for my english.

Last edited by SolidReks,

SolidReks

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I managed to resolve the problem with the Celebi patch in the Italian version. Now the thing that i must do but i don't know how to do it is to correct the Leader Janine battle sprite.. Is there anyone who knows how to find the memory address?

greenDarkness555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know where I can find the patches wireless linking for Red, Blue, and Yellow? Or will the ones in this thread work?
I'm interested in patching an English translation of Green with the patch from Blue.
Thank you!

MPorras00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That's (english green) already exist in "that iso site" also the spanish green, what's new in your work ?

By the way, i can't make a Japanese Crystal works ¡¡¡ i have ready the celebi fix for it, all files for the injection but the ROM don't wanna work (i tryed the spanish rom with all my files for japan injection and it works) only give a black "lettered" luma error screen, somebody can help me ?

I'm working w/ a USA Device, Luma 8.1.1 (patching enabled)+B9S 1.3

Last edited by MPorras00,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone