Hacking [RELEASE] Phacox's Injector (NES/SNES/N64/GBA/NDS for Wii U)

Jalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
this was written by google translator.

for some reason the packaging buttons remain disabled even after selecting the rom and base

steve257

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody been able to get Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen to work? If so, what exactly are the settings that you used? I have used the base suggested by the compatibility list and used patches previously highlighted, nothing has worked.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Has anybody been able to get Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, or LeafGreen to work? If so, what exactly are the settings that you used? I have used the base suggested by the compatibility list and used patches previously highlighted, nothing has worked.

From memory, these games have FLASH save, you need to patch the rom to SRAM save and it should work. I injected these games ages ago and it works fine, however RTC (real time clock) doesnt work unless there is a specific RTC patch for the game.

steve257

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From memory, these games have FLASH save, you need to patch the rom to SRAM save and it should work. I injected these games ages ago and it works fine, however RTC (real time clock) doesnt work unless there is a specific RTC patch for the game.
Thank you! I found a SRAM Patcher and now Pokemon Ruby works great! The base I used was whatever the compatibility chart said. I read somewhere else on the forum that SRAM creates problems with saving the game after beating the Elite 4. Did that ever happen to you?

Reactions: phacox_cll

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you! I found a SRAM Patcher and now Pokemon Ruby works great! The base I used was whatever the compatibility chart said. I read somewhere else on the forum that SRAM creates problems with saving the game after beating the Elite 4. Did that ever happen to you?

Great you got it working, sorry I injected the game for someone, tested for 5 minutes to see if the game boots. So I never fully played the whole game to see if it works till the end.

MarcusF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am interested in getting NTSC Mario Party 3 working on a Pal Wii U, will this be possible? The reason I would like to get the NTSC version working us due to the speed Pal games run at compared to NTSC back then.

Also on another note I have Mario party 2 downloaded from eshop on my pal Wii U, I assume this is the old pal release? I ask as thinking of dumping this if I can to then act as base for NTSC Mario Party 3 but assume that won't work if it's the pal release. Thank you.

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is no problem if the Virtual Console game is NTSC on a PAL console. As a base, use the games that you can get via USBHelper or JNUSTool, the dumped games present problems when using them as a base.

For Mario Party 3 (USA) you need the specific configuration file "Undoe0.556.ini". You can find it in the link "All existing Wii U VC N64 config files made by Nintendo" in the first post.

Reactions: MarcusF

MarcusF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Error was in how "Phacox's Injector" transferred the common key to CNUSPacker, it was not doing well, so the files were being encrypted with a key in zeros.

Version 1.0.3 fixes the bug. (Version 1.0 doesn't have that bug either.)
Hello,

Managed to install the game, but it flashes on various screens as well as bad sound glitches, not sure what else might be the issue? I did make the game wide-screen and made it so it wouldn't be grey. Thanks again.

Edit: sorry just read on the comparability list

"To make this work, open the Mario Party 3 rom on a Hex editor and change the game's title ID (NMVE) to the Mario Party 2 title ID (NMWE). Then open the Mario Party 2 ini and change the backup type to 0 and backupsize to 2048, runs perfectly". I haven't done this yet, is this still true, and if so which Hex editor do you recommend? Thank you for all your help.

Last edited by MarcusF,

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes. Forget that detail, you must change the Mario Party 3 ROM header to Mario Party 2, it is the first 0x40 bytes. Use mh-nexu's HxD hex editor. For the rest, the differences of the configuration .ini are the mentioned "BackupType = 0" and "BackupSize = 2048", you can use the Mario Party 2 .ini and modify it or use the .ini that already has that configuration, the that I mentioned before.

Reactions: MarcusF

MarcusF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes. Forget that detail, you must change the Mario Party 3 ROM header to Mario Party 2, it is the first 0x40 bytes. Use mh-nexu's HxD hex editor. For the rest, the differences of the configuration .ini are the mentioned "BackupType = 0" and "BackupSize = 2048", you can use the Mario Party 2 .ini and modify it or use the .ini that already has that configuration, the that I mentioned before.
Thanks again, all working great now. Final question, is there anyway of installing completed saves for injected games? Or do you inject them already with the completed save? Thank you for all your help.

uhhh_adam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried messing around with F-Zero X stick calibration? The official release of the game is unplayable for me. Dunno what value could fix the game.
Sorry for laaaate response, went on a WiiSX & New3DS binge for a bit piling games. Wow tbh FZero is one of those games i didnt play enough on console to even notice that! Maybe you might need to do that one because I wouldnt know what would be just right. Only thing that kinda annoys me is that even if i mess with the number, games like Army Men Sarges Heroes 2, Bust-A-Move 2 & Bust-A-Move '99 seem too still have this ultra sensitive control stick and I still havent figured it out and fixed it yet. Does Fzero feel too sensitive? I was able to race fine on mine and put Climax too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thank you so much for this tool! It's really helpful. I only have one question, if someone could help me. I'm trying to inject the widescreen mod for Super Mario 64. The game works perfectly but the text is a little corrupted. Not unreadable but definitely annoying. I've tried injecting it into Mario 64 and F-zero. Does anyone know a setting or something that may fix it? The z64 rom itself does not have any graphical corruptions.
neat. for some reason I wasnt able to get widescreen mario64 to work

NintendoBoi12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I unfortinately cannot edit the compatability list so i just want to point this out:
Ermii Kart DS: Legacy Edition DOES NOT WORK through both Lodiine and Wup Installer. It crashes upon starting. (Injected into Mario Kart DS.)
Ultimate Spider-Man for GBA, on the other hand, works. It was injected into Mario Kart Super Circut.

xs4all

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I unfortinately cannot edit the compatability list so i just want to point this out:
Ermii Kart DS: Legacy Edition DOES NOT WORK through both Lodiine and Wup Installer. It crashes upon starting. (Injected into Mario Kart DS.)
Ultimate Spider-Man for GBA, on the other hand, works. It was injected into Mario Kart Super Circut.

I'm able to edit those pages, I have updated both the DS and GBA compatibility list wiki with your results.

SlyP54

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been so confused.
Firstly, does the base have to be virtual console for the same system you want to inject? All it says is virtual console base...
Secondly, I see that the base can either be in loadiine format or WUP format. How does this work? what folder do I select, or should the folder be named something specific for the program to detect?
Thirdly, I would need to be on CFW every time I want to boot up one of these titles, once I eventually get one to inject and pack right?

The main reason I want to know is so I can test an OOT ROM patched with things to see if they'll run on the Wii U. But I'm not exactly the most fluent when it comes to doing stuff like this either, so it would be helpful if someone could clarify these things, as well as tell me if it would be necessary to look into this more before I attempt to do anything.

Or if I should just hold back and wait until OOT is fully decompiled, and ported with mod support to the Wii U like SM64 was.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can clarify and help me out! And also apologies as I rarely check this site, so I may reply rather late.

phacox_cll

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been so confused.
Firstly, does the base have to be virtual console for the same system you want to inject? All it says is virtual console base...
Secondly, I see that the base can either be in loadiine format or WUP format. How does this work? what folder do I select, or should the folder be named something specific for the program to detect?
Thirdly, I would need to be on CFW every time I want to boot up one of these titles, once I eventually get one to inject and pack right?

The main reason I want to know is so I can test an OOT ROM patched with things to see if they'll run on the Wii U. But I'm not exactly the most fluent when it comes to doing stuff like this either, so it would be helpful if someone could clarify these things, as well as tell me if it would be necessary to look into this more before I attempt to do anything.

Or if I should just hold back and wait until OOT is fully decompiled, and ported with mod support to the Wii U like SM64 was.

Thanks in advance for anyone that can clarify and help me out! And also apologies as I rarely check this site, so I may reply rather late.
Hello, something late I answer you.

You must use a base game from the same system that you want to inject.

The base game can be in either Loadiine format (decrypted NUS Content) or in WUP Installer format (encrypted NUS Content). When you select a base game in WUP Installer format, the program decrypts it to be able to inject the ROM (that's what the Common Key is for).

The base game folder does not need to have a specific name.

When loading a base game you must select the folder that contains the files title.cert, title.tik, title.tmd, "* .app" and "* .h3", if they are in WUP Installer format. Or select the folder that contains the folders "code", "content" and "meta", if it is in format for Loadiine.

The program scans the content of the folder you select and determines if it is a valid base game for the ROM you chose.

For any backup of the virtual console, be it an official launch or an injection, you must load a CFW before opening the game.

As a recommendation, try injecting a GBA game first, getting an N64 game to work on Wii U is more difficult because it requires a configuration file.

uhhh_adam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, just came back to ask if anyone has tried this yet with Dinosaur Planet?? (N64 Starfox Adventures Prototype)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OmDRetro @ OmDRetro:
    @Xdqwerty HM...

If the cat girl leaves, my kokoro dies a little.

If I piss off the cat grill friend, I get no food and he's likely to grill me.

There's just no winning here 😂
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @OmDRetro, good point
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Anyone play Little Kitty, Big City?
    My kitty was watching me play. <3 <3 <3
    its a game that came out a few days ago. Its on Game Pass too.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, but what is the game about?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Never heard of it. Any good?
    You control a kitten. You fall out the window and have to make your way back home. Solve some light puzzles, do cat things like knock stuff over and steal things, trip people up when theyre walking, pounce on birds, complete goals/tasks etc. in the process of getting back to your home.
    +1
    I think ones enjoyment would depend on how much a person loves cats. :)
    +1
    Theres my kitty watching me play.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I'm a cat person so this game must be for me. :D
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, sounds kinda neat
    @SylverReZ It's short but adorable imo. Im a HUGE cat lover.Can be completed in a couple of hours if just going for the main goals. But can be stretched out a good deal by exploring and doing everything there is to do and see.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, like a cat gta?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Reminds me of a similar game called "Neko Atsume", similar to Nintendogs but you look after cats.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, wasnt there an official nintendogs game with cats for the 3ds?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ill have no wifi for a bit so see ya later
    +2
    Gross. lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Ok seeya.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed, with his thing propped up in the air, a fly is flying around and landing on the tip and bothering him, so he calls in the nurse. The nurse comes in, swats at the fly but can't quite reach it, so she climbs his boner to get better aim. After a few tries of swatting and sliding back down, she says sorry I cant get it. He says keep going, a few more tries, and I can shoot it down.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man goes to the doctor because his boner wont go down. As he is laying in the hospital bed...