Hacking [Release] NTRBoot for R4igoldcc,ARDS(EZ),ARDSI

Jaruten

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi guys.

First off I wanted to thank the developers for the effort they're doing, it really is great to see such developement in these methods.

Now, I wanted to tell you my story to see if you guys can help me out over here a little bit.

I had an plain old 3ds that I had custom firmware'd trough soundhax at the time. That method was truly easy. So a few days back I bought a new 3dsxl to get an upgrade and I thought it would be easy to hack. I hadn't been up to date with the latest events, about 11.5, ntrboot and all that stuff.

I'm pretty ignorant about the whole custom firmware thing... So I just did a system transfer from my old 3ds to the new 3ds thinking that that would transfer everything to my new sistem. Of course I was wrong, and I ended up with two unmodded 3ds on 11.5. And doing some further stuying, I found out soundhax was out of the question.

I was pretty disenhearted, until I ended up in this post. You see, I had an old R4i.cc I used to play DS games back in the day. So I had to give the method posted here a try after all, since I had nothing to lose.

I followed all the steps for my old3ds and, when I did the button pressing and magnet thing, it actually worked!! It booted into the boot9strap menu and it started installing and downloading all the stuff.

I was super hyped because I thought that meant I was finaly going to be able to hack my newly acquired new3ds. Well, turns out it DOESN'T WORK on my new3ds.... To be more specific, I did everything just like I did for the old3ds, but when I do the button pressing and magnet placing bit, it just doesn't boot into boot9strap.... just nothing happens

So the question is TLDR: Could there be any particular reason that the method of the R4i.cc works on the old 3ds, but doesn't work on the new3ds?

Is it possible that it did work because I had hacked the system before (even if I had lost the hack due to the system transfer)?

Is it possible that it doesn't work because I did the system transfer and something is interfering with the booting on my new3ds? Should I maybe format the system and try again? That would be a Shame, since I have a big mii plaza, and the ambassador program and all... and I cannot do a system transfer back to the old 3ds for another 6 days or so....

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me a bit over here. I would really appreciate it

GibWaffles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Can you make a photo of the USB adapter for the card? I lost it and I don't know which type it is to buy.
The cord looks proprietary. Here's what mine looks like from all sides:
EyUuonC.jpg

Reactions: windhazard

Tommo92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is this one compatible ?

View attachment 98501

Kind of
You'd need to hex edit the firmware file as it will say AR2DS you need to change the text to FIRM
only issue is once you flash it this way and reboot you wont be bale to get back to normal as
the firmware will work but isnt not intended to work with it as
ufile.io/301i1
Is the latest version of the Firmware for ARDS/DSlite

Jaruten

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Heads up!

I've tried everything, but the updated R4igold.cc with the patched update just doesn't seem to work on new3ds's. They'll have to fix that.

Edit: On the bright side (I guess), applying the patched update does not lock off the cart's functionality...

Last edited by Jaruten,
D

Deleted User

Is there anybody working on adding support for the 3DS compatible ARDSi with the yellow sticker?

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is there anybody working on adding support for the 3DS compatible ARDSi with the yellow sticker?
I'm not. But I have been learning a lot of assembly in the last few days. (Seriously).

I really hope there is someone actually working on it, since it would take me years before being able to understand what I'm doing.

D

Deleted User

I'm not. But I have been learning a lot of assembly in the last few days. (Seriously).

I really hope there is someone actually working on it, since it would take me years before being able to understand what I'm doing.

Pretty much why I'm not working on it. I'd love to, but I simply don't have the knowledge to do so. I'm a programmer, not a hacker.

D

Deleted User

I'm sorry, I don't see where anybody called the devs lazy, nor is that an excuse to be an asshole to somebody who asked a simple question.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heads up!

I've tried everything, but the updated R4igold.cc with the patched update just doesn't seem to work on new3ds's. They'll have to fix that.

Edit: On the bright side (I guess), applying the patched update does not lock off the cart's functionality...
What exactly do you mean by it doesn't lock off functionality? If you mean you can still play ROMs then it sounds like the patched update didn't work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1