al3x_10m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Disclaimer:
From this point onwards, you *proceed on your own risk*. While the instructions below have been tested with no issues at all, unexpected stuff may happen. It may even be you doing something wrong. I am not responsible for bricked flashcards or any other problems arising from following my instructions.

Flashing ntrboot to r4igold.cc:

WARNING:
This has been tested on r4igold.cc with version 5.06 and q-mate trial header only. I currently do not have a way to recover the flashcart to stock (except with a hardware SPI writer). Use at you own risk!

419_P_1351640158331.jpg

1. Download "Update_4.5.0_r4igold3DS.nds"
  2. Apply "r4igoldcc_nocheck_ntrboot.firm.ips" to it with LunarIPS
  3. Copy to flashcard
  4. Run it from the flashcard menu and press A
  5. It will install b9s on your flashcart
  6. Put flashcard in (turned off) 3DS then press START+SELECT+X+magnet on the sleep sensor (if 2DS, switch it to sleep)+hold POWER button
  7. This will load "ntrboot.firm" from 3DS SD

Flashing ntrboot to ARDS(ez):

datel-action-replay-cheat-system-3ds-dsi-xl-dsi-ds-lite-ds-watches-1504-27-watches@1135.jpg

pa.152670.3.jpg

1. Unzip and install ARDS code manager PC software
  2. Go to "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\"
  3. Copy "ActionReplayCodeManager.exe" to another directory
  4. Apply "ARDS_arcm_nocheck.ips" to it with LunarIPS then rename it to "ActionReplayCodeManager_patched.exe"
  5. Copy the renamed exe alongside the original one in "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\"
  6. Connect ARDS to PC
  7. Plug the ARDS into a DS (might work with 3DS but i'm not sure you can recover with a 3DS...if it works with a 3DS..good for you :D)
  8. Start the patched exe
  9. Apply "Ar.firmware.1.71ntrboot.firm.ips" to "Ar.firmware.1.71original.bin" with LunarIPS then rename it to "Ar.firmware.1.71ntrboot.bin"
  10. Drag and drop the patched bin to the "software upgrade" button in ARDS code manager
  11. Wait to upload to your ARDS
  12. Accept to flash
  13. Now you have b9s installed on your ARDS
  14. Put ARDS in (turned off) 3DS then press START+SELECT+X+magnet on the sleep sensor (if 2DS, switch it to sleep)+hold POWER button
  15. This will load "ntrboot.firm" from 3DS SD

ARDS(ez) restore:
  1. If you want to recover your ARDS to original condition you need another flashcard + a DS
  2. Start DSARv00.nds from the flashcart
  3. Eject the flashcart
  4. Plug the ARDS to USB then plug ARDS to DS
  5. Start "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\ActionReplayCodeManager.exe"
  6. Drag and drop "Ar.firmware.1.71original.bin" to the "software upgrade" button
  7. Wait to upload to your ARDS
  8. Accept to flash

Flashing ntrboot to ARDSi:

feature-action-replay-dsi.jpg

1. Unzip and install ARDSi code manager PC software
  2. Go to "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay DSi Code Manager\"
  4. Apply "arcm_dsi_ntrboot.firm.ips" to it with LunarIPS then rename it to "ActionReplayCodeManager_patched.exe"
  5. Copy the renamed exe alongside the original one in "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay DSi Code Manager"
  6. Plug the ARDSi to USB
  7. Start the patched exe
  8. Click on the 4 colored dots on upper-left corner of the app
  9. Select "About Action Replay DSi Code Manager..."
  10. Click "Reset Hardware"
  11. When finished unplug ARDSi
  12. Now you have b9s installed on your ARDSi
  13. Put ARDSi in (turned off) 3DS then press START+SELECT+X+magnet on the sleep sensor (if 2DS, switch it to sleep)+hold POWER button
  14. This will load "ntrboot.firm" from 3DS SD

ARDSi restore:
  1. To recover start "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay DSi Code Manager\ActionReplayCodeManager.exe" then plug ARDSi to USB
  2. Repeat ARDSi steps 8 through 11
  3. If for some reason your ARDSi doesn't work as before..unzip and install "ARDSi-FirmwareUpdate-1.4.5"
  4. Run ARDSi Firmware Update and update

Credits:
  • Al3x_10m - for patching ards code manager's checksum check,patching ardsi code manager's builtin recovery image and for ards&r4i custom image
  • Wolfvak - for patching the version check in the r4igoldcc flasher and for providing help and advice in figuring out these instructions
  • handsomematt - for providing insight into the inner workings of ntrboot
  • SciresM and all boot9strap contributors - for boot9strap
  • d0k3 - for proofreading and reviewig these insctructions

Link to needed stuff: https://mega.nz/#F!H0kVjYjQ!aamHbp5TDL-4Uidut6tO4A
Link to boot9strap used: https://github.com/al3x10m/boot9strap/releases/tag/1.3ntrboot.firm

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is awesome to see that this can be done with a ards. Time to see if i can find mine and get my old 3ds b9s'ed. Gratz to all the devs for this.

Rocket0634

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried installing this to my ARDSi (with sd card) and ARDSi "with updates" (no sd card), but neither of them seem to work so far.
I'm using my already installed version of Action Replay Code Manger. It's at version 1.06.
Should I try installing the version included here instead? Or maybe I'm doing something else wrong?
If there's a dump I can make to help, please let me know

Chetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm at the point to purchase a R4 Gol.cc, it is say on the post that it was made with an 5.0.6 sofware, where can I find that upgrade kernel for my R4 gold.cc?

Also I want to thank to the community for this acchivement.
Thank you so much guys.

Last edited by Chetti,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I booted a hacked console with the ARDSi yellow inserted, the console recognized the cartridge and I was able to enter into the cartridge's main menu. So does that mean the patched code manager didn't work? I didn't patch it correctly?

Chetti

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Another silly question, it is possible to use the R4 gold.cc on a 11.5 old 3ds? I was reading the 3ds.guide and it says this:
"Note that more recent 3DS versions have blocked access to some flashcarts, and some flashcarts have always been blocked on the 3DS. This leaves them unable to launch the flasher .nds file on some (or all) versions. The ntrboot compatible flashcarts are able to launch .nds files on the 3DS (under the listed versions):"

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer:
From this point onwards, you *proceed on your own risk*. While the instructions below have been tested with no issues at all, unexpected stuff may happen. It may even be you doing something wrong. I am not responsible for bricked flashcards or any other problems arising from following my instructions.

Flashing ntrboot to r4igold.cc:

WARNING:
This has been tested on r4igold.cc with version 5.06 and q-mate trial header only. I currently do not have a way to recover the flashcart to stock (except with a hardware SPI writer). Use at you own risk!

View attachment 98493
  1. Download "Update_4.5.0_r4igold3DS.nds"
  2. Apply "r4igoldcc_nocheck_ntrboot.firm.ips" to it with LunarIPS
  3. Copy to flashcard
  4. Run it from the flashcard menu and press A
  5. It will install b9s on your flashcart
  6. Put flashcard in (turned off) 3DS then press START+SELECT+X+magnet on the sleep sensor (if 2DS, switch it to sleep)+hold POWER button
  7. This will load "ntrboot.firm" from 3DS SD

Flashing ntrboot to ARDS(ez):

View attachment 98494
View attachment 98495
  1. Unzip and install ARDS code manager PC software
  2. Go to "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\"
  4. Apply "ARDS_arcm_nocheck.ips" to it with LunarIPS then rename it to "ActionReplayCodeManager_patched.exe"
  5. Copy the renamed exe alongside the original one in "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\"
  6. Connect ARDS to PC
  7. Plug the ARDS into a DS (might work with 3DS but i'm not sure you can recover with a 3DS...if it works with a 3DS..good for you :D)
  8. Start the patched exe
  9. Apply "Ar.firmware.1.71ntrboot.firm.ips" to "Ar.firmware.1.71original.bin" with LunarIPS then rename it to "Ar.firmware.1.71ntrboot.bin"
  10. Drag and drop the patched bin to the "software upgrade" button in ARDS code manager
  11. Wait to upload to your ARDS
  12. Accept to flash
  13. Now you have b9s installed on your ARDS
  14. Put ARDS in (turned off) 3DS then press START+SELECT+X+magnet on the sleep sensor (if 2DS, switch it to sleep)+hold POWER button
  15. This will load "ntrboot.firm" from 3DS SD

ARDS(ez) restore:
  1. If you want to recover your ARDS to original condition you need another flashcard + a DS
  2. Start DSARv00.nds from the flashcart
  3. Eject the flashcart
  4. Plug the ARDS to USB then plug ARDS to DS
  5. Start "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay Code Manager\ActionReplayCodeManager.exe"
  6. Drag and drop "Ar.firmware.1.71original.bin" to the "software upgrade" button
  7. Wait to upload to your ARDS
  8. Accept to flash

Flashing ntrboot to ARDSi:

View attachment 98496
  1. Unzip and install ARDSi code manager PC software
  2. Go to "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay DSi Code Manager\"
  4. Apply "arcm_dsi_ntrboot.firm.ips" to it with LunarIPS then rename it to "ActionReplayCodeManager_patched.exe"
  5. Copy the renamed exe alongside the original one in "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay DSi Code Manager"
  6. Plug the ARDSi to USB
  7. Start the patched exe
  8. Click on the 4 colored dots on upper-left corner of the app
  9. Select "About Action Replay DSi Code Manager..."
  10. Click "Reset Hardware"
  11. When finished unplug ARDSi
  12. Now you have b9s installed on your ARDSi
  13. Put ARDSi in (turned off) 3DS then press START+SELECT+X+magnet on the sleep sensor (if 2DS, switch it to sleep)+hold POWER button
  14. This will load "ntrboot.firm" from 3DS SD

ARDSi restore:
  1. To recover start "<where you installed code manager>\Datel\Action Replay DSi Code Manager\ActionReplayCodeManager.exe" then plug ARDSi to USB
  2. Repeat ARDSi steps 8 through 11
  3. If for some reason your ARDSi doesn't work as before..unzip and install "ARDSi-FirmwareUpdate-1.4.5"
  4. Run ARDSi Firmware Update and update

Credits:
  • Al3x_10m - for patching ards code manager's checksum check,patching ardsi code manager's builtin recovery image and for ards&r4i custom image
  • Wolfvak - for patching the version check in the r4igoldcc flasher and for providing help and advice in figuring out these instructions
  • handsomematt - for providing insight into the inner workings of ntrboot
  • SciresM and all boot9strap contributors - for boot9strap
  • d0k3 - for proofreading and reviewig these insctructions

Link to needed stuff: https://mega.nz/#F!H0kVjYjQ!aamHbp5TDL-4Uidut6tO4A
Link to boot9strap used: https://github.com/al3x10m/boot9strap/releases/tag/1.3ntrboot.firm

Two versions of the ARDSi exist: One with an SD Card Slot and one without. Can you further clarify?

Clothahump

Trophies
XP
Country
The firm on the one without is flashable so I'm sure it works,I've got one of them(the older black ones with no sd) but my 3ds already has CFW and I don't got any extras on hand to test it out with.

You can test it though. Just copy GodMode9.firm to the root of your SD card and rename it to "ntrboot.firm". If GodMode9 boots upon performing ntrboothax, it works.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can test it though. Just copy GodMode9.firm to the root of your SD card and rename it to "ntrboot.firm". If GodMode9 boots upon performing ntrboothax, it works.

Not sure what my result means. I copied the boot9strap.firm and .sha file, renamed godmode9.firm to ntrboot.firm and copied that to the SD card root of an already hacked 3DS. Goes to black screens, remove the fingers from the buttons and the magnet, just says unsupported launcher. Even just booting cold without magnet and the button combination, unsupported launcher. Does this mean either the ARDSi I have (yellow label, no SD card port) is not supported or I flashed it incorrectly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...