pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
I just tried it, disabled flash, restarted and it still worked. That's where I got the screenshots from.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Also, why would you leave your bank data unencrypted on your computer?
Keyloggers and other virus shit doesn't care it can pull it while you're logging in.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Keyloggers and other virus shit doesn't care it can pull it while you're logging in.
There ARE ways to protect yourself without having to use a VM, I'm sure a VM is overkill.

What about using Adblock Plus?

Anyway, if you're thinking about the very low chance something is there to infect you, and if it does infect you anyway, you might as well worry about the VM infecting the host system. Which is theoretically possible anyway.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Oh there is. Yes ad block plus will work but adfly can be enabled to not let people dl if they have it enabled and I think that's the issue now.
Actually, with Adblock, it complains about usage of adblockers, but not with ABP for me.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
Actually, with Adblock, it complains about usage of adblockers, but not with ABP for me.

It all depends on the person that set it up. I have had it bitch about abp before, but I just use a bypasser anyways so I don't have to deal with it

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It all depends on the person that set it up. I have had it bitch about abp before, but I just use a bypasser anyways so I don't have to deal with it
You sure? What do you use ABP on? It works fine for me on every Adfly link I tried. Adblock doesn't tho, it gets detected.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried it, disabled flash, restarted and it still worked. That's where I got the screenshots from.

Also, why would you leave your bank data unencrypted on your computer?

It looks like they changed their policy because the last time I tried to use them "legitimately" they required both Flash and Java (not javascript, but Sun's Java plugin).

As for banking data, even if it is encrypted it doesn't matter since it needs to be decrypted to be used. They get that data the same way your DSP dumper (presumably) does.

There ARE ways to protect yourself without having to use a VM, I'm sure a VM is overkill.

What about using Adblock Plus?

Anyway, if you're thinking about the very low chance something is there to infect you, and if it does infect you anyway, you might as well worry about the VM infecting the host system. Which is theoretically possible anyway.

Except your very own site is designed so that you can't use something like adblock plus. As for breaking out of the VM, unless you do something stupid like share entire drives there are only two times that I know of that it was possible and only one of them would have actually worked. One used the floppy support and the other used 3d acceleration which is of course disabled (along with sound and USB). It is much harder to break out of a VM, especially with hardware VT support, than it is to create a flash exploit.

"I've added a basic anti-hotlinking system on the website, that means you'll not be anymore able to download releases from direct links or with adblock."

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You know if you guys are having trouble getting around adfly, you could just use stuff from devs who don't use adfly. FBI has the same functionality and more, and SocketPunch is better than Houston.
FTP > all tho

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It looks like they changed their policy because the last time I tried to use them "legitimately" they required both Flash and Java (not javascript, but Sun's Java plugin).

As for banking data, even if it is encrypted it doesn't matter since it needs to be decrypted to be used. They get that data the same way your DSP dumper (presumably) does.

Except your very own site is designed so that you can't use something like adblock plus. As for breaking out of the VM, unless you do something stupid like share entire drives there are only two times that I know of that it was possible and only one of them would have actually worked. One used the floppy support and the other used 3d acceleration which is of course disabled (along with sound and USB). It is much harder to break out of a VM, especially with hardware VT support, than it is to create a flash exploit.

"I've added a basic anti-hotlinking system on the website, that means you'll not be anymore able to download releases from direct links or with adblock."
My site? I use ABP and it works lmao

EDIT: That quote is not from my site. M8, I am not Rinnegatamante. That is from his site.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You know if you guys are having trouble getting around adfly, you could just use stuff from devs who don't use adfly. FBI has the same functionality and more, and SocketPunch is better than Houston.
FBI doesn't work properly for me tho.

BadChase

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I am trying to install a game update/patch to a legit owned game.
So I tried NASA for it, and I get it to launch and NASA even seem to install it, but the update never shows on the SDCard, nor when entering the game will it show as updated. Is the reason for it because my N3DS is EUR and the game is JPN or is there a trick I don't know about?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello!

I am trying to install a game update/patch to a legit owned game.
So I tried NASA for it, and I get it to launch and NASA even seem to install it, but the update never shows on the SDCard, nor when entering the game will it show as updated. Is the reason for it because my N3DS is EUR and the game is JPN or is there a trick I don't know about?
How do you have a legit owned Japanese game on a euro console?

BadChase

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you have a legit owned Japanese game on a euro console?

Uhmm, because I bought it? The Physical Cartridge. Do not really understand how that would be difficult. ;)

updates aren't legit CIAs.

Then I am sorry. Just wanted to play online, but if I can't install it nothing I can do about that.
Thank you anyway.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Uhmm, because I bought it? The Physical Cartridge. Do not really understand how that would be difficult. ;)
Oh sorry I assumed eShop version. I don't believe you can update out of region games I'm afraid.

If you want to play online you could downgrade, get an emuNAND, change region to Japanese, get the update there and you should be able to play online (there was a development recently that let you access the eShop on region changed NANDs, by yifan lu I think. You might need to find the info and do some reading)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol