ROM Hack [Release] Monster Hunter Stories Save Editor MHSEC-G

Ncrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ya I am kinda screwed here then. cause I can't get the bootstrap installed on my 3ds I do not have two 3ds's so I can't do this. my verision is 11.5.0-38U
If you just want to edit your savegame for monster hunter there is no need for bootstrap. You just need homebrew + jksm on your 3ds.

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you just want to edit your savegame for monster hunter there is no need for bootstrap. You just need homebrew + jksm on your 3ds.
Really?? hrmm the homebrew doesn't have an update for my version that I can get though.. is there? I haven't seen it in all the links I got. You have a link or something for me?

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love the number of people who don't read that message about saving data to the SD card at startup.

So far this game has been ridiculously generous about how specific the monsters are. Doesn't care if I hack all nine slots filled on a light weight egg, and there's nothing to force high-rarity monsters out of your party if you save-edit them in. (On rank 2 and have Kirin on my team, haha. ...What? I already beat the game legit. I deserve to break things!) After hacking MHG, this game is easy-peasy lol

Konekogirl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotta love the number of people who don't read that message about saving data to the SD card at startup.

So far this game has been ridiculously generous about how specific the monsters are. Doesn't care if I hack all nine slots filled on a light weight egg, and there's nothing to force high-rarity monsters out of your party if you save-edit them in. (On rank 2 and have Kirin on my team, haha. ...What? I already beat the game legit. I deserve to break things!) After hacking MHG, this game is easy-peasy lol
I read that message is why I came here trying to figure out how to hack my 3ds for the save editor lol. I already knew cause I do run powersaves but I do not see powersaves working for much longer. They are going to run out of business if all the games are going to SD. They will need a new format. I don't see why they can't make a linked one to the pc to find the save data on the sd card and have it download, and upload to their servers then replace it that way.. Its the same concept as the cartiage it just going from a different source..

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Really?? hrmm the homebrew doesn't have an update for my version that I can get though.. is there? I haven't seen it in all the links I got. You have a link or something for me?
Since you are on 11.5, there's not much you can do. However, there have been a few homebrew entrypoints for that version, like the RPG Maker one, but none of them have been free so far. Your best chance is waiting until the next entrypoint for homebrew is made public and getting it before Ninty fixes it... You can check this page every so often to see if a new one is out but you have a better chance of finding one before it gets patched by following smea on twitter: https://3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Also, I'm pretty sure that if you can get your hands on a flashcard you can get homebrews or more, check 3ds.guide for more details since I haven't really looked into it. Finally, just for the record, it IS possible to extract your extra data manually without homebrew using a computer, but you can't restore it since it can't be re-encrypted.

secXsQuared

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Try battle tower or endgame stuff with legit IVs. High rank monsters do ridiculous amount of dmg to the rider, comparable to lv140s. I remember fighting HR seregios. One bleeding move after enraged took away 90% HP. I was lv99 and with endgame gear. So Capcom fix your crap.

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try battle tower or endgame stuff with legit IVs. High rank monsters do ridiculous amount of dmg to the rider, comparable to lv140s. I remember fighting HR seregios. One bleeding move after enraged took away 90% HP. I was lv99 and with endgame gear. So Capcom fix your crap.
I meant hacking (as in using save editors on) this game is easy. MHG had a lot of hack-checks in place to keep you legit. This game doesn't have that at all, it seems.

quemtedera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In the tutorial doc it says that "the complete item list has not been fully translated" but in the 1.21 version every single item is in japanese...
Any one know the translations or something?

BlueLeafeon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the tutorial doc it says that "the complete item list has not been fully translated" but in the 1.21 version every single item is in japanese...
Any one know the translations or something?
It's not a hex list, but this site has the items' Japanese names and translations:
http://mhkita.com/stories/index.php

It's not fully complete, unfortunately, but it's enough for me to figure out which one of those item slots is Life Powder lol.

Reactions: secXsQuared

Tsuunho_san

Trophies
XP
Country
excuse me, why does some of the eggs give me an error 'egg size'? some of the dlc eggs work like a charm, but others not

Avery19000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

I have been editing my skills on my Green Rathian (Hurricane). Before I edited her skills, she hade Nest Search (10) as a skill and I changed it to is fly (01). When I booted back up into my game after editing She wouldn't fly even when I pressed (B). So I looked at her stats and I noticed something strange. In Monsterpedia it says she still has Nest Search as a skill even though I took it off and the only skill she should have now is Fly. So I checked the Status Menu and Change Party menus and they both say that she has the skill Fly. Did I do something wrong when editing my Green Rathian? I attached pictures too of each Menu I checked and what settings i changed in the editor.

Thank You,
Avery.

Attachments

• Monsterpedia.JPG
    Monsterpedia.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 658
  • Change Party.JPG
    Change Party.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 588
  • Status.JPG
    Status.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 655
  • Editor Before.JPG
    Editor Before.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 441
  • Editor After.JPG
    Editor After.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 850

rocky_2016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm going to back up vie jksm to use this save editor but it said "error opening save archive:c8804478" and didn't work. what will i do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

ok, not only MH stories but also other games else that i haven't backed up before get the error message too. the rest ( created back up folder save files) works normally,how can i fix that?

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Are you supposed ot be able to export Stories save file normally? I've been trying to do so with JK Save Editor and I always get the error opening save file message when I try to export the save data. I can export the game's extra data, however.

Avery19000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you supposed ot be able to export Stories save file normally? I've been trying to do so with JK Save Editor and I always get the error opening save file message when I try to export the save data. I can export the game's extra data, however.

In JKSM you have to export the Extra Data then Import the Extra Data when you're done editing with the save editor.

xscaralienx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
In JKSM you have to export the Extra Data then Import the Extra Data when you're done editing with the save editor.
Thanks!
One more thing. I cant open the editor right now and the tutorial doesnt seem to have a guide on the software itself. Will the program tell me which files I need to use?

Avery19000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here I show you how to open up your save file.

• When you open up the save editor it will look like this
save editor home.PNG

• When you click on the load button you have to go to where your MicroSD card location and go to this location: JKSM/ExtData/Monster Hunter Stories/ .

• The file you want to load is called: mhr_game0.sav

The software doesn't explain how to edit things. But there is a tutorial on how to edit monster eggs, monster stats, armor, weapons etc. The skills though are tricky to edit and I've actually had some trouble with one of my monsters because I wanted to make my monster use Fly. So I would stay away from editing skills.

But money is pretty easy and editing items are pretty easy too.

If you need anything else just let me know,

Avery

Reactions: xscaralienx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
    +1