gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Good. (Took them long enough to notice... They been sleepin' for months.)
Why the fuck do you feel entitled to an update in the first place? How dare a program have a bug, am I right?

Reactions: Bagel Le Stinky

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, afaik, it won't update the ctrnand firmware one. I had to delete the boot.firm on the root of the ctrnand, then copy and paste the boot.firm on the root of my sd card. I tested it. it worked no problem, and unlike the sd card one, I didn't have to redo my settings. :D

Reactions: Alexander1970

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Decided after a LONG time to load up my 3DS, and check some things, and saw it did not have the latest FW on it. Went and did that after seeing that it was safe to do so. Then going through my apps, I came across Luma Updater and it showed an update (v2.6). Thought ok, and went with it. It errored out, and when I tried to turn my 3DS back on, I got an ARM11 exception error. Guess the updater went and emptied the boot.firm file prior to the error. Had to turn my system on without the sd card (boot.firm on CTRNAND), insert after, go into FBI, and copy that file from NAND to my sd card that I had set up. Now works, and will be deleting that luma update will try updating via universal updater.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decided after a LONG time to load up my 3DS, and check some things, and saw it did not have the latest FW on it. Went and did that after seeing that it was safe to do so. Then going through my apps, I came across Luma Updater and it showed an update (v2.6). Thought ok, and went with it. It errored out, and when I tried to turn my 3DS back on, I got an ARM11 exception error. Guess the updater went and emptied the boot.firm file prior to the error. Had to turn my system on without the sd card (boot.firm on CTRNAND), insert after, go into FBI, and copy that file from NAND to my sd card that I had set up. Now works, and will be deleting that luma update will try updating via universal updater.
I deleted my luma updater just a bit ago. I just made a backup of the nand and the sd card contents again without it. ;)

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here