Homebrew Official [Release] kit-kat 2.0 - Wireless Capture-card

SinfulRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@ShinkyMK Shame I really liked the hosted network section, saved me having to open Command Prompt whenever I wanted to stream. Just having to type your hosted networks name and password saved a lot of steps, granted having to retype it everything there was an update, was a tad bit annoying but we all make sacrifices for progress I suppose. Though some help on setting up the batch file would be appreciated, not something I'm familiar with.

Edit: Not sure what would be easier, but considering you've added tutorials to the sections we still have on kit-kat, would it be possible to reinstate the hosted network tab, and just have the tutorial saying something like

"Open Command Prompt as Administrator
Type: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=(NetworkName key=(Password)
Type: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Right click, internet tab next to your system clock -> Open network sharing center -> Change Adapter Settings -> Right Click, your internet connection -> Properties -> Sharing -> Allow other networks to connect through this internet connection with (Local Area Connection 13 (or something similiar))

Now Type your Network name and Password into Kit-kat
"From hence forth whenever you open Kit-kat, it will automatically start your hosted network whenever you open the .exe"

Just a suggestion, since it's something I got great mileage out of, but I dunno which is more difficult, you implementing a tutorial on how to set up hosted networks for those who need it, or sharing some way to create batch files, since I imagine it's a niche part of the audience who needs this.

Last edited by SinfulRose,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
@ShinkyMK Shame I really liked the hosted network section, saved me having to open Command Prompt whenever I wanted to stream. Just having to type your hosted networks name and password saved a lot of steps, granted having to retype it everything there was an update, was a tad bit annoying but we all make sacrifices for progress I suppose. Though some help on setting up the batch file would be appreciated, not something I'm familiar with.

Edit: Not sure what would be easier, but considering you've added tutorials to the sections we still have on kit-kat, would it be possible to reinstate the hosted network tab, and just have the tutorial saying something like

"Open Command Prompt as Administrator
Type: netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=(NetworkName key=(Password)
Type: netsh wlan start hostednetwork
Right click, internet tab next to your system clock -> Open network sharing center -> Change Adapter Settings -> Right Click, your internet connection -> Properties -> Sharing -> Allow other networks to connect through this internet connection with (Local Area Connection 13 (or something similiar))

Now Type your Network name and Password into Kit-kat
"From hence forth whenever you open Kit-kat, it will automatically start your hosted network whenever you open the .exe"

Just a suggestion, since it's something I got great mileage out of, but I dunno which is more difficult, you implementing a tutorial on how to set up hosted networks for those who need it, or sharing some way to create batch files, since I imagine it's a niche part of the audience who needs this.
You could just make a batch file that opens and starts the hostednetwork, then opens kit-kat.exe in c:/Programs or wherever, and then you could just open the batch file whenever you want to stream. Simples.

Open notepad,
paste the following,
Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=kit-kat key=kitkat1234
netsh wlan start hostednetwork
"C:\Users\Shiny\Desktop\kit-kat.exe"
Click save as, File type: All Files, Name (anything).bat
Change the C:\Users etc thing to the path where kit-kat is.
Then just open the .bat file whenever you wanna stream.

Last edited by PRAGMA,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
[1.4.4] Push Stability Update
https://github.com/initPRAGMA/kit-kat/releases/tag/1.4.4
Thanks to Boop 1.3.0, Push is now a LOT more stable.
Not much else to say really apart from its less buggy and less prone to crashing. Enjoy :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok, ALL bugs that I can remember that were reported have been squashed, If I missed a bug, PLEASE report it on either Github or Here.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird.
I'm using a laptop using 5g via a USB Wifi adapter and I'm getting 15 fps 0_0
my laptop is using 5g but my 3ds is using 2.4g
maybe thats the problem? but idk

kabum87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've noticed a minor issue, I don't think it's a bug, but in any case:

When I close kit-kat (1.4.4.0) I will momentarily lose connection (even if I'm not streaming or using any other feature). For example, if I'm watching a twitch stream, it will start buffering, and If I refresh any webpage I'll get an ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED (in Chrome). I guess this has to do with the HostedNetwork thing it has.

It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have it fixed.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Weird.
I'm using a laptop using 5g via a USB Wifi adapter and I'm getting 15 fps 0_0
my laptop is using 5g but my 3ds is using 2.4g
maybe thats the problem? but idk
I dont recommend Wi-Fi adapters, They dont work as well as people say they do, I have a good wifi adapter and I barely get 2fps.

I cant use the InputRedirection on mac. It keeps on crashing whenever I click the tab :(
Update .Net Framework.

I've noticed a minor issue, I don't think it's a bug, but in any case:

When I close kit-kat (1.4.4.0) I will momentarily lose connection (even if I'm not streaming or using any other feature). For example, if I'm watching a twitch stream, it will start buffering, and If I refresh any webpage I'll get an ERR_NETWORK_CHANGED (in Chrome). I guess this has to do with the HostedNetwork thing it has.

It's not a huge issue, but it would be nice to have it fixed.
Not too sure, not happening for me.

what do i do if boot NTR selector doesnt work for me
It should lol.

Eggman85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The FPS on the lower one is just a hardware power issue with the n3DS, You can do Priority Factor = 2 (or 1) to make it a bit faster, but it will then cut into the FPS on the top screen.
Thanks, even so with your program is more fluid the screen below, everything is very perfect. It's nice to meet people who put their time into this, thank you very much

Reactions: PRAGMA

HannahMorgan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering is there any way to use kitkat with virtual console games? When I try it freezes on a black screen. thanks for your time.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I was wondering is there any way to use kitkat with virtual console games? When I try it freezes on a black screen. thanks for your time.
no unfortuanetely Virtual Consoles and DSiWare etc all run and overwrite Boot NTR (Basically crashing Boot NTR) so its impossible.

Reactions: HannahMorgan

Oso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i have a problem with the lastest version of kitkat. I got a white screen with the lastest version (1.4.4) or with the 1.4.2 it work fine. Where is the problem ?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
I get multiple errors before the application closes :(
Consultez la fin de ce message pour plus de détails sur l'appel du débogage
juste-à-temps (JIT) à la place de cette boîte de dialogue.

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.MissingMethodException: Méthode introuvable : 'Void System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.StructureToPtr(!!0, IntPtr, Boolean)'.
à kit_kat.cTabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
à System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assemblys chargés **************
mscorlib
Version de l'assembly : 4.0.0.0
Version Win32 : 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
kit-kat
Version de l'assembly : 1.4.4.0
Version Win32 : 1.4.4.0
CodeBase : file:///D:/VC3DS%20(new)/kit-kat/kit-kat.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Core
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase : file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_fr_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll

************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L'application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
activé.

Par exemple :

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l'ordinateur
plutôt que d'être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.
Do I need a certain version of .NET Framework? If so, which version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Idk