PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
The program keeps on giving me the "not responding" prompt and shutting itself down. I have a 2.5/5Ghz router and modem set-up that usually has really good signal but won't connect at all despite using the IP address from FBI. D: So bummed...
When using Input Redirection? (Tab 4)? If so, Please wait for next update, It fixes a lot of crashing and errors by using an Asyncrhonous TCP Call instead of just Synchronous.

D

Deleted User

For Kit-Kat it will auto-update too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

50mbs? thats reaaally bad lmao

Is it really? Ok I checked and it is the same. :cry: I mean it's better than what I had before so I don't mind, I mean going from 15mbps to what I have now is like god speed for me LOL

Last edited by ,

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Is it really? Wait just to be sure, transfer speed is my up/download speed, right? Or are they completely different?
No they are technically different, The speed on your router is how fast DATA itself can traverse, Not just Internet is being sent to/from your router you know :3 Packets and stuff too, Thats how kit-kat works, sends packets to your server to connect to your 3ds, and the speed of sending the packets, is how fast the speed of your NTRViewer will be.

Ok, Input Redirector is fully fixed on my end, You still cant use both NTRViewer and Input Redirector doe due to how packets are sent, and I dont think it's fixable unless someone can prove me wrong.
Apparently if you open 2 kit-kat windows it will bypass it and work doe so give it a shot I guess.
The constant crashes and freezes wont happen in the new update that will be out very soon.

Thats all good, but the best new thing in the upcoming version is imo the Auto-IP Detector.
You will no longer need to type your IP manually, Just connect to Boot NTR and click connect and it will be detected.

D

Deleted User

No they are technically different, The speed on your router is how fast DATA itself can traverse, Not just Internet is being sent to/from your router you know :3 Packets and stuff too, Thats how kit-kat works, sends packets to your server to connect to your 3ds, and the speed of sending the packets, is how fast the speed of your NTRViewer will be.

Oh, so I guess I'm wrong, oops... How do I check how fast my transfer speed is? I can't seem to find it anywhere, just my internet connection speed...

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
Oh, so I guess I'm wrong, oops... How do I check how fast my transfer speed is? I can't seem to find it anywhere, just my internet connection speed...
You really cant, but since you said its 50mbps on router than thats what it is.

[v1.4.1] Bug Fixes and Improvements
https://github.com/initPRAGMA/kit-kat/releases/tag/1.4.1
New Features:
  • Auto IP Detector.
  • Settings actually stay saved now (Hopefully)

Huge bug fixes made to NTRViewer and also InputRedirector.

4 new demo videos :D

D

Deleted User

You really cant, but since you said its 50mbps on router than thats what it is.

[v1.4.1] Bug Fixes and Improvements
https://github.com/initPRAGMA/kit-kat/releases/tag/1.4.1
New Features:
  • Auto IP Detector.
  • Settings actually stay saved now (Hopefully)

Huge bug fixes made to NTRViewer and also InputRedirector.

4 new demo videos :D

Hmm.... I only said 50mbps because I thought my transfer speed was my up/download speed, but thank you! :lol:

Reactions: PRAGMA
D

Deleted User

Try the new update, maybe it will help since it uses Async TCP calls instead of regular sync.

Wow it seems to be running a lot better now! Thank you! It seems to run at a 90% quality and 25+ FPS, better than what it was before, thank you! :)

Reactions: PRAGMA

NanoSpriggan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get around my issue with input redirection by just inverting my controller's y-axis input in its software (It's a Steelseries Stratus XL), do you know how hard it would be to add in support for the c-stick pro or to remap the d-pad onto a right thumbstick?

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
I managed to get around my issue with input redirection by just inverting my controller's y-axis input in its software (It's a Steelseries Stratus XL), do you know how hard it would be to add in support for the c-stick pro or to remap the d-pad onto a right thumbstick?
You can remap controls using Input Redirector itself but I actually dont know how as I never use it. Mess around with F3 :)

Xanek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to get the NFC patch to work with gen 6 pokemon games? X/Y/OR/AS?
Or do you have to connect online first and then connect the viewer

JJarmon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would using an ethernet cable from the router to the PC help the FPS and quality at all? I have the recommended specs and I'm not far from the router at all, but I'm consistently getting 9 FPS and 30% quality. Is a hotspot needed? I'm a little confused, sorry. ><

kabum87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a bit confused on the HostedNetwork usage:

-I have Connectify
-I have a wifi adapter.
-I can create a network and connect the 3DS to that network, stream and use network functions on 3DS as usual.

How do I use HostedNetwork? What I've tried so far is use the same SSID/Password from the network I created in Connectify, and hit Restart Network. Doing that removes my 3DS from Connectify, and won't connect again. It also changes the 3DS IP in Kit-Kat, and won't let me change it back.

If I try to use that IP, It won't stream at all, however, the 3DS still has internet access

kabum87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Newest version has a pretty disgusting memory leak

EwzpzTV.png

I'm using just the streaming function. It has never happened with any other version, it's definitely not placebo.

kabum87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope.

I even tried deleting kit-kat.exe completely and redownloading it straight from the github release instead of updating from an older version, and the memory leak was still there. It got to that level and showed that error after about 7 minutes of streaming.

The "automatic IP detection" or whatever you want to call it is also pretty annoying when it doesn't work...since I have to redownload the .exe again (not even rebooting resets the IP detection).

I know you'll dismiss this, but this is yet another reason to let us choose whether or not to auto-update. It would even be okay to just remove the auto update and make a different build without the autoupdate function.

PRAGMA

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Ireland
[v1.4.3] Bug fixes and changes
https://github.com/initPRAGMA/kit-kat/releases/tag/1.4.3
I removed the HostedNetwork feature due to it just not making sense, if people use it, then they can simply use a batch file to enable the hostednetwork and open kit-kat or use the linked batch file feature.
I redesigned the tab pages and also how the tabs function, Im still not finished designing how the tabs feel and look.
Input Redirection is again improved, you can now press F2 for example to open Keyboard Controls and press Lets say T for DPAD Up, and then press lets say P to remap it. (ESC exits F2 and saves it).
It also no longer uses a config.cfg file and directly runs from the embed settings in %localappdata%. It supports XInput devices and the inverted Y axis is fixed (For the left stick/Circle Pad), Its still inverted on the Circle Pad Pro/Right Stick.
Crashes also happen less, but if you ever get a freeze/crash while using Input Redirector, please let me know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH