Hacking [RELEASE] Kecleon Patch for Luma3DS

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
If the "kecleon" It is inside the CTRnand and I active "Ignore all Button Presses on boot", how could you re-disable this option? Or if I use another "main" SD card with the original luma3DS build, SD has priority between the arm9loaderhax.bin of the CTRnand and the SD? And so I can use the payloads

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If the "kecleon" It is inside the CTRnand and I active "Ignore all Button Presses on boot", how could you re-disable this option? Or if I use another "main" SD card with the original luma3DS build, SD has priority between the arm9loaderhax.bin of the CTRnand and the SD? And so I can use the payloads
Put a regular Luma arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of your SD card and it will use that one to boot with meaning you can use payloads again. (I haven't actually used it yet but this is the info I have).

Reactions: sixtails

sixtails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Some people seem concerned about the priority of arm9loaderhax.bin, and a possible brickage, so here it is. Here's the code that loads arm9loaderhax.bin payloads in Aurura's A9LH:
Code:
void main(void)
{
    if(mountSd())
    {
        loadPayload(false);
        unmountSd();
    }

if(mountCtrNand()) loadPayload(true);

//Shutdown
    flushEntireDCache();
    i2cWriteRegister(I2C_DEV_MCU, 0x20, 1 << 0);
    while(true);
}
It always first tries to load the arm9loaderhax.bin from the SD card, and on fail it loads if from the NAND. So, if you need to boot stock luma3ds, you can always put an sd card in with stock luma. You can safetly test this yourself by NOT setting "ignore all key presses on boot" and seeing what comes up when you hold Select with empty SD card, and compare that to an SD card with Luma on it.
In general it should not be possible to brick by placing a payload in CTRNAND, since you can always use an SD card payload, so rest easy.

To answer your question, the last option on the menu is to set up a secret key combo that will open the menu, even if the "ignore all keys" option is set. So if you want a way to unlock without switching SD cards or using a computer, that gives another back door in.

Last edited by sixtails,

RacsoSakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Some people seem concerned about the priority of arm9loaderhax.bin, and a possible brickage, so here it is. Here's the code that loads arm9loaderhax.bin payloads in Aurura's A9LH:
Code:
void main(void)
{
    if(mountSd())
    {
        loadPayload(false);
        unmountSd();
    }

if(mountCtrNand()) loadPayload(true);

//Shutdown
    flushEntireDCache();
    i2cWriteRegister(I2C_DEV_MCU, 0x20, 1 << 0);
    while(true);
}
It always first tries to load the arm9loaderhax.bin from the SD card, and on fail it loads if from the NAND. So, if you need to boot stock luma3ds, you can always put an sd card in with stock luma. You can safetly test this yourself by NOT setting "ignore all key presses on boot" and seeing what comes up when you hold Select with empty SD card, and compare that to an SD card with Luma on it.
In general it should not be possible to brick by placing a payload in CTRNAND, since you can always use an SD card payload, so rest easy.

To answer your question, the last option on the menu is to set up a secret key combo that will open the menu, even if the "ignore all keys" option is set. So if you want a way to unlock without switching SD cards or using a computer, that gives another back door in.

Great answer, thank you very much!

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The diff is available in the attached kecleon.patch.zip. Feel free to look examine it, or apply it. I will be making a new github account for my 3ds stuff and upload it there later.
Ah, it's a diff of the source. That makes a lot more sense. Not used to seeing that and was curious is all. :)

Nice work. I don't have a need for it I don't think but it's a great concept.

Last edited by Cuphat,

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Even through i wont ever need this , this is by far the best patch i have seen and im sure it will help to those who want to enter to Pokemon VGC :grog:

Good job! :)

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>VGCs try to ban you for removing an aspect of RNG from the game, which actually makes it fairer

Anyone who acts like that deserves to have noses thumbed at them, really. You know, a CFW that does nothing but boot a9lh and activate FIRM protection would be a nice idea. The ultimate in minimalism, and you can use a legit ticket for SuMo. And all your homebrews are hidden due to failing sig checks!

And accuracy checks in Pokémon should totally be determined by action commands, not RNG :P

Last edited by N7Kopper,

sixtails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>VGCs try to ban you for removing an aspect of RNG from the game, which actually makes it fairer

Anyone who acts like that deserves to have noses thumbed at them, really. You know, a CFW that does nothing but boot a9lh and activate FIRM protection would be a nice idea. The ultimate in minimalism, and you can use a legit ticket for SuMo. And all your homebrews are hidden due to failing sig checks!

And accuracy checks in Pokémon should totally be determined by action commands, not RNG :P

A MiniLuma wouldn't be too much difficulty. I'm not sure if there's enough interest in one to make it though. It was kinda already done with SaltFW (just needs to be updated is all).

I was thinking of maybe adding an option to disable Signature Checks + hiding the Activity Log + hiding the layout + renaming theme folder + (perhaps) renaming "Nintendo 3DS" directory, and restoring them on disable, as an alternative to an EmuNAND. That works fine, as long as you don't mind a giveaway SD card. :)

Not many VGC competitors would like it if players started messing with battle mechanics during competition, lol. :P If they released a game with battle mechanics based less on RNG, I think players may like the change though.

taktaktak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi I'm stuck at the beginning of part 2, sorry for being a noob :| holding start launch hourglass9 for me, i'm fresh out of the big 3DShack tutorial

sixtails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I'm stuck at the beginning of part 2, sorry for being a noob :| holding start launch hourglass9 for me, i'm fresh out of the big 3DShack tutorial

Right, I didn't realize the 3ds.guide still used the pre-assigned buttons. I'll need to update mine accordingly. That's probably my fault, not yours.

I updated the guide, let me know if there are anymore problems! Rename the emunand9 file to "down_EmuNAND9.bin" in "/luma/payloads" and the godmode9 file to "up_GodMode9.bin". You should be able to continue the guide from Section 2.

Last edited by sixtails,

taktaktak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks, I can continue the guide (:

Question, when copying arm9loaderhax.bin to CTRNAND, it also ask if it should overwrite the existing file, I guess it's safe?

sixtails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, I can continue the guide (:

Question, when copying arm9loaderhax.bin to CTRNAND, it also ask if it should overwrite the existing file, I guess it's safe?

Yes, you can overwrite it, it's safe. That just means that at some point earlier, you've installed a CFW on CTRNAND. Overwriting it means that you're replacing it with Kecleon (which is what you want). Maybe I'll add that onto the guide as a subpoint, thanks!

Last edited by sixtails,

taktaktak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks again, Now on luma-Kecleon settings, if I don't check combo key, how do I return to kecleon's menu to change my settings afterward?

sixtails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks again, Now on luma-Kecleon settings, if I don't check combo key, how do I return to kecleon's menu to change my settings afterward?

A9LH will always launch arm9loaderhax.bin from the SD card first! So, by switching to your "main" SD card, you get access to everything, includng the Select menu and GodMod9 again.

taktaktak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sorry my question wasn't clear, what you said open the unpatched Luma menu, I wanted to know if there was a way to open Luma-Kecleon again to change the settings.

edit : oh wait, so I have to repatch the file from godmode9?

Last edited by taktaktak,

sixtails

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry my question wasn't clear, what you said open the unpatched Luma menu, I wanted to know if there was a way to open Luma-Kecleon again to change the settings.

edit : oh wait, so I have to repatch the file from godmode9?

So if you want to change Kecleon's settings, the best way would be to start GodMode9 (main SD card) and delete the "/rw/luma/config.bin" in CTRNAND. Then all it's settings will be reset!

Last edited by sixtails,

taktaktak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
nice, thanks! Sorry I still have a question lol.
does it work/is it safe to link my NNID when running sysnand while I have it linked to emunand?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-6512692/arcade-1-up-infinity-50-games-game-board.jsp?pfm=bdrecs...