Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,844,726
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, i mean with this app, i have try with others and all work with games that i have installed, but i dont find a way to extract the save from the old sd card and inject it in my new 3ds :S
Copy over the JKSM/JKSV (can't remember which is used for the folder name) to the root of your new SD card and run the app on your new 3DS.

Yay, 1000th post!

Last edited by SonicRings,

fsancar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Copy over the JKSM/JKSV (can't remember which is used for the folder name) to the root of your new SD card and run the app on your new 3DS.
But what do I copy?, what I have tried with others app is to substitute the folder in the new 3ds (the folder of the game id from the old sd) and try to backup and redownload the game from the eshop, but it haven't worked jet

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But what do I copy?, what I have tried with others app is to substitute the folder in the new 3ds (the folder of the game id from the old sd) and try to backup and redownload the game from the eshop, but it haven't worked jet
Like I said, for the save files you have backed up using the current version of this app, just go to the root of your SD card, copy the JKSV folder, and paste it in the root of your new SD card.

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey @JK_, just wanted to say I tried your newest version (the Mar 08 one) and I love it. It works great, everything is displayed properly, and it's just so satisfying to make backups using the automatic naming conventions.

However, it's a bit too satisfying: I found myself doing it too fast and accidentally overwrote a previous save file backup. Luckily I had a backup of that on my computer, but can you please add a confirmation dialogue when overwriting an existing backup?

Maybe set the OK button to X and the Cancel button to Y so people don't just spam A after naming their backups and unintentionally skip the dialogue.

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll do it. I think I'm going back to touchscreen only for the confirm function. The showMessage one will still allow A and B though, so you don't have to poke it to get the Complete!'s to go away.

Reactions: SonicRings

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'll do it. I think I'm going back to touchscreen only for the confirm function. The showMessage one will still allow A and B though, so you don't have to poke it to get the Complete!'s to go away.
Ah, good idea. I look forward to it :D Will this also be done for deleting backups?
Btw, not trying to sound like I'm rushing you or anything, just wondering when the batch select and/or full backup features will be added?

JK_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was working on it, but I keep getting sidetracked. I'm pretty sure you can actually still hit L in the title select menu and it will highlight your choices red, but that's as far as it got. I need to add a loop and give the backupData function an auto mode that grabs the date for folder name. Shouldn't take too long. Batch restoring is still going to need some user input though.

Sgt. Lulz

Beef up
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe have an option for whether or not the confirm dialog is touchscreen only or bound to buttons?
When you're working with a whole load of saves that you have to go through one by one, it's much more convenient to be able to mash A rather than having to pull out the stylus every few seconds, which is pretty annoying.
I personally much prefer using the face buttons over the touch screen, anyway.

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe have an option for whether or not the confirm dialog is touchscreen only or bound to buttons?
When you're working with a whole load of saves that you have to go through one by one, it's much more convenient to be able to mash A rather than having to pull out the stylus every few seconds, which is pretty annoying.
I personally much prefer using the face buttons over the touch screen, anyway.
I agree I'd like that option. I'm one of those people that have mashed A and B so much that it's caused the buttons to be pushed farther down in their socket from all the use, so I'd prefer to preserve my buttons and use a touch screen instead.

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree I'd like that option. I'm one of those people that have mashed A and B so much that it's caused the buttons to be pushed farther down in their socket from all the use, so I'd prefer to preserve my buttons and use a touch screen instead.
By any chance do you know what can be done to repair that kind of damage? My Y is responding but not too well to gentle pressing it. I noticed it playing Mario kart. The character would stop and then go lol. "/

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By any chance do you know what can be done to repair that kind of damage? My Y is responding but not too well to gentle pressing it. I noticed it playing Mario kart. The character would stop and then go lol. "/
You can do it the official way (safest) or the DIY way (less safe). Heres the official way though:
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...hes-are-not-responding-or-respond-incorrectly

If you want to send it to Nintendo for repair, click the link on the bottom.

Reactions: Michierusama

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LordErk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here. I need format my system so I can downgrade without a softbrick. Will this allow me to backup my saves in 10.6? If not is there another way to do so?

Last edited by LordErk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    Time is running out for your phone!
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    https://youtu.be/JmSqorj-EC0?si=vYqR8D7FZeO4N-TH
    At 1 AM, this video is the funniest thing in the world
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Notes on Android got some cool new features like dropping a image in