Homebrew [Release]JK's SaveManager - Homebrew CIA Save manager.

• Thread starter JK_
  • Start date
  • Views 1,845,247
  • Replies 3,680
  • Likes 243

Acrokid098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
I can use homebrew with Pokémon Moon on my 3DS and I have mmap .xmls on my SD card, if that's what you mean.
Oh I see. Do I also need Pokebank for this? I think I heard that from somewhere.. also.. how often have the yellow screen errors occur for you after putting the mmap xmls on your SD card?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh I see. Do I also need Pokebank for this? I think I heard that from somewhere.. also.. how often have the yellow screen errors occur for you after putting the mmap xmls on your SD card?
No, Pokébank is only for ORAS.

I've never seen a yellow screen when using homebrew with Moon.

Acrokid098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
No, Pokébank is only for ORAS.

I've never seen a yellow screen when using homebrew with Moon.
Wow, I see. I wish I can get mine working. I'll do the mmap method and see how this goes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See that link in my previous post and follow the instructions there. Also see this homebrew app.
What do I do when I get to this point? Sorry, this is all so confusing..

Acrokid098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Equatorial Guinea
Oh it's working now. Thanks for all your help!! I was just asking that question because I saw that JKSM could still fail even WITH the mmap files. And you directed me there.. Should I be worried..? I know it worked again but that's only after opening it up with Pokemon moon once..

@Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh it's working now. Thanks for all your help!! I was just asking that question because I saw that JKSM could still fail even WITH the mmap files. And you directed me there.. Should I be worried..? I know it worked again but that's only after opening it up with Pokemon moon once..

JKSV only fails even with mmap files if you're trying to load a title that has PASLR implemented.

You have nothing to be worried about. It should work with Moon virtually every time you open it.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Xiphiidae One quick question. What is PASLR? I was reading it through the github but I have difficulty understanding it..
What do you want to know? PASLR is just a way to prevent the use of homebrew/arbitrary code for particular 3DS titles. If you can't understand the descriptions on the github, then I doubt mine would be any better.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly are you trying to do with Moon and JKSV? Are you bucking up your save file, editing it (with PKHeX or whatever) and injecting it back, and when you try to play Moon you get that error? I'm pretty sure that JKSV deletes the secure value automatically.
No, no. All I did was I did a system transfer, and now whenever I turn on the game, it says that. No hacks, nothing bad. I asked what I should do on the noob questions thread, and I was told to download this thing and use it to delete some secure value thing. How does it automatically delete the secure value? What do I need to do for it to automatically do it?

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
No, no. All I did was I did a system transfer, and now whenever I turn on the game, it says that. No hacks, nothing bad. I asked what I should do on the noob questions thread, and I was told to download this thing and use it to delete some secure value thing. How does it automatically delete the secure value? What do I need to do for it to automatically do it?
What you can do is use svdt instead of JKSV. In svdt you can see files within the save data, and delete the secure value manually. JKSV automatically deletes the secure value when importing any save file for a game that uses it.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What you can do is use svdt instead of JKSV. In svdt you can see files within the save data, and delete the secure value manually. JKSV automatically deletes the secure value when importing any save file for a game that uses it.
Whenever I go into JKSV and press import, it always says it can't find data to import. What I'll SVDT do?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Whenever I go into JKSV and press import, it always says it can't find data to import. What I'll SVDT do?
Wait, I'm stupid. I just realized I am supposed to hit export. Now, I saved that. What should I do now? Just import it and it will work?

Last edited by IceBlueLugia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P