Not open for further replies.

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
I would love for there to be an editor for the fairy clothes unless you think it would just be simply easier to check everything from 0 to 1 so its all "collected", cut out the nonsense of picking and choosing and just make an "all clothes obtained" enabler.

Anyways you keep up the great work, I appreciate every moment of it.

Nice to hear it, thanks ^^. I will maybe implement both, but first the found marks for materials and the fairy-clothes, and later as a special-nice-to-have-thing this Cloth-Editor :) For those people which want it make at a PC not on 3dS xD

Taratiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to hear it, thanks ^^. I will maybe implement both, but first the found marks for materials and the fairy-clothes, and later as a special-nice-to-have-thing this Cloth-Editor :) For those people which want it make at a PC not on 3dS xD

Would it also be possible to increase the limit on fairy refreshes? I've found that they can apparently go higher than the editor allows. My current sits at 110, and I can't use the editor on the fairy menu at all due to resetting to 99 in the save.

Attachments

• top_0000.png
    top_0000.png
    234.3 KB · Views: 416

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Would it also be possible to increase the limit on fairy refreshes? I've found that they can apparently go higher than the editor allows. My current sits at 110, and I can't use the editor on the fairy menu at all due to resetting to 99 in the save.
That's no problem - I set the limit to 99 within the editor, because I doesn't know the real max-value, but it should be 255 or 999 in this case then ^^.

@nedron92 Player Character Costumes and Fairy Clothes found/owned, yes.
Just what powersaves did to my save with those edits selected.
Thanks^^

EDIT: @Taratiel , I change this little thing an let my server build a new "nightly"-release, so download simple the latest nightly-version and you should able to use the editor without any problems now. Version 2.1.0.5

https://nightly.nedron92.php-friends.de/hwl_save-editor

Last edited by nedron92,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this is slightly off topic but do we have anymore info on the release schedule for the DLC packs to come? I bought the season pass for both Wii U and 3DS and I just wish there was a solid date to look forward to rather than "summer 2016, Q3, etc"

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/ See what I mean?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I apologize if this is slightly off topic but do we have anymore info on the release schedule for the DLC packs to come? I bought the season pass for both Wii U and 3DS and I just wish there was a solid date to look forward to rather than "summer 2016, Q3, etc"

http://www.zelda.com/hyrule-warriors/dlc/ See what I mean?
First thing for Hyrule Warriors Legends is coming on Thursday if memory serves ^^

Have some sauce with that: https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/730751021828296706

Last edited by Scarlet,
Reactions: RemixDeluxe

DDTarZan

Never getting laid again /s
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's no problem - I set the limit to 99 within the editor, because I doesn't know the real max-value, but it should be 255 or 999 in this case then ^^.

I can confirm max is 999, I was able to play with this with my Gateway save on my original playthrough.

Btw nedron, if I were to rip my game's save with a Powersaves, would it be the correct format that your save editor would use? Thanks. Also it's a USA region cartridge.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can confirm max is 999, I was able to play with this with my Gateway save on my original playthrough.

Btw nedron, if I were to rip my game's save with a Powersaves, would it be the correct format that your save editor would use? Thanks. Also it's a USA region cartridge.
Powersaves save format won't work with this, I don't believe they're fully decrypted - or if they are, they're done in a strange way.

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany

I set it now to 255, cause I thought it was only one offset (FF = 255), but then it has to be more then one. I will look at that.
And no, like Scarlet said, it should be not possible then. Its a really srange format (I tried to re-engeeneer it, but im not good at that^^, so nothing).

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get the problem here, just use powersaves then dump the save with savedatafiler or whatever your save manager of choice is. It wouldnt make sense for them to be touching other addresses that have nothing to do with the data already covered.

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
So updated again the faity-refreshes. Thanks to @DDTarZan
So the offset-length for the fairy-refreshes is not 1, like I thought the hole time and implement it, its 2. ^^.
Correct this mistake. Check the nightly-build-server in ca. 3 1/2 hours, then it will build it automatically this correct-version.

DDTarZan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont get the problem here, just use powersaves then dump the save with savedatafiler or whatever your save manager of choice is. It wouldnt make sense for them to be touching other addresses that have nothing to do with the data already covered.
I thought I saw somewhere where you could convert Powersaves to regular saves, then do what you need with the save and reinject in with Powersaves. Not sure if something like that could work for us here and with the save editor, but it's something I'm interested in looking at.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought I saw somewhere where you could convert Powersaves to regular saves, then do what you need with the save and reinject in with Powersaves. Not sure if something like that could work for us here and with the save editor, but it's something I'm interested in looking at.
You might have misunderstood a PKHeX tutorial where you can decrypt the save to view the data - but there's not a way to re-encrypt those saves to put back on the cart.

DDTarZan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have misunderstood a PKHeX tutorial where you can decrypt the save to view the data - but there's not a way to re-encrypt those saves to put back on the cart.
You're more than likely right. It seems like my only option with this is to update my o3DS to 9.2, because I can't use SDF correctly with it on 4.5, especially with Hyrule Warriors Legends.

Rigel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't seem to get any saves edited using Nedron's editor to load properly. I'm using JKSV, which seems to export just fine and the editor can read the data, but upon editing the data and restoring the edited save, the game pops out an error about powering off the game mid-mission and drops me to a "POWER OFF AND TRY AGAIN" screen until I restore the unedited save.

E: I'm running it off of a US eshop version

Last edited by Rigel,

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
I was using JKSV few days ago with my European saves and no problems with it.
Can you explain what you edited and do ingame then?
And can you upload your save, so that I can test it self with my version? (but not until 6'o clock pm CET, sorry).

It should work with all saves, so this is strange problem.

Rigel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I edit the file, I'm maxing out the rupees, adventure map 1 items, and changing the Gold materials I have 0 of to 2. I restore the edited save, launch the game, and it immediately pops up a dialogue that says "If the extra data is invalid, your midbattle save data will be lost when you turn the power off." I confirm the dialogue and it brings up "An error has occured. Hold down the POWER Button to turn off the power, then turn it on and try again." and I am unable to actually boot the game until I restore the original (this is consistent). The restore was created after having done a title menu quit->shutdown, so there shouldn't be battle data to begin with.

Unedited save file: https://mega.nz/#!F1wVWa7T!t7WZVkN-Xiv5As0B9A2XEJGIRMPKYA9JOArRvA_Qccg

nedron92

Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
So, i have tested it and reproduce your steps but no failure here.
Even with a begin battle, it's all ok.
What you can try is to delete the save data via JKSV and begin a complete new game, start first mission and return to title-screen. Then import your old-edited save back.
Thats just curois

Rigel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I boot the game after deleting the save data, I get the extra data error but the game doesn't tell me to shut off the power. Once I load the edited save file afterwards, the error still kicks me to the shutdown screen. Fortunately, loading the original save still works with no errors no matter what the gamestate seems to be.

Last edited by Rigel,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: These videos are soooo dry