Homebrew [release] HomeMenuHax

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having a lot of trouble getting this to work?
I'm on N3DS on 9.0 U.
I can boot Cakes or Pasta 3/5 of the time with the normal version, but they never work using the modified autoboot version. I get a screen full of colored pixels and a debug screen for a second, followed by HBL. Loading Cakes results in a black screen and on Pasta I get I glitched out version of the Pasta screen.
Thanks so much.

Last edited by Whole lotta love,

Kawaii

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Im coming from autoboot v1.2.
how do i uninstall v1.2 before installing v1.3?

i tried deleting the .bin generated by 1.2 in the root folder and then tried to install 1.3
but after installation when i boot up it shows error screen where system is corrupt. =(

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Im coming from autoboot v1.2.
how do i uninstall v1.2 before installing v1.3?

i tried deleting the .bin generated by 1.2 in the root folder and then tried to install 1.3
but after installation when i boot up it shows error screen where system is corrupt. =(
Just change the Home Menu theme for default one or some basic (color) one!

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble building from the git page.

I get a "/bin/sh: error: command not found" error when I try to make from the master and a whole faceload of other errors when I try to make in the installer folder.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to boot faster for the unofficial v1.3? O3DSXL 9.2 sysNAND, autoboot (no button): takes like 16s from turning on to come to first (broken) color screen (starting to boot).

Last edited by tivu100,

night_hawk

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm having trouble building from the git page.

I get a "/bin/sh: error: command not found" error when I try to make from the master and a whole faceload of other errors when I try to make in the installer folder.
You should use the make reported in the readme (the one with all those build options). For the installer I dont know, I'm getting errors too

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to ask one thing.
HomeMenuHax is the one used for Cold boot into an emuNAND, right? In combination with ThemeHax.

Is there a way to be able to use the cold boot with linked NANDs at the moment?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I want to ask one thing.
HomeMenuHax is the one used for Cold boot into an emuNAND, right? In combination with ThemeHax.

Is there a way to be able to use the cold boot with linked NANDs at the moment?
1- HomeMenuHax=ThemeHax
2- Apparently, with linked NANDs there is always a problem (cyclic booting)... Then, is better (recomendable) separated NANDs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there a way to boot faster for the unofficial v1.3? O3DSXL 9.2 sysNAND, autoboot (no button): takes like 16s from turning on to come to first (broken) color screen (starting to boot).
Too much time, I think!... Perharps you have a particular problem booting, because for me, total booting (until HBL load) time among 10 - 15 sec... Please, delete and reinstall the exploit, and change boot.3dsx file for latest version.

Last edited by fmkid,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
1- HomeMenuHax=ThemeHax
2- Apparently, with linked NANDs there is always a problem (cyclic booting)... Then, is better (recomendable) separated NANDs.
Damn, wish I didn't have to unlink them. :/
I hate having separate 3DS folders with random numbers, makes finding titles for a specific NAND a hassle.

Very well then, just one more question.
Does booting rxTools sysNAND to play DSiWare games change anything related to the Themehax?
Or does AGB/TWL only affect MSET?

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Damn, wish I didn't have to unlink them. :/
I hate having separate 3DS folders with random numbers, makes finding titles for a specific NAND a hassle.

Very well then, just one more question.
Does booting rxTools sysNAND to play DSiWare games change anything related to the Themehax?
Or does AGB/TWL only affect MSET?
About separated NANDs: Yeah! It's somewhat annoying to do this, I agree!... But, also is recomendable.

And, IDK specifically about your question... Only I know is ThemeHax exploit installs itself through "Custom Theme" install method (modifying SD extdata info directly). Then, theoretically, shouldn't generate any problem!... But, in some occasion, I read another people reporting problems among modified SysNANDs and ThemeHax.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here's themehax_installerSD v 1.3
It's a quick update so I may clean it up some later. Only tested on 9.2 old3ds and may not work for korea just yet.
That spammy unformatted text is really hard to read. Yellows8 clearly dislikes creating UIs :P
Off topic: How can you compress 80+ MB files into <2 MB zip file,@zoogie ? I was surprised after see how big the files are after unzipped.

Last edited by tivu100,

kiwiis

キウィイス
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think this has been posted here yet, but yellow8's github activity seems to indicate he's solved the issue of using themes with the hax :yay:

fmkid

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye