Homebrew [release] HomeMenuHax

olshrimpeyes

Your question is bad and you should feel bad
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems Yellow8 has released homemenuhax, an hack based on theme loading, so the system is exploited from the moment it tries to load the current theme.

https://github.com/yellows8/3ds_homemenuhax

That's all I know, haven't tested it yet.
Some things to know:
  • Doesn't work with custom themes
  • Loads by holding L while booting
  • Seems to be rather unstable (at least for me)
  • It's super freaking convenient
  • For firmwares 9.0-10.1
  • This is the same as Ninj/Iron/Tubehax and is userland only
  • Downloads for the installer can be found here
Also this requires some other hax entry point to install. If you don't have another entry point have no fear yellows8 has also released browser exploits for New and Old 3DS on 9.0-10.1:
http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is this the same as Iron/tube/whatever/ninjhax 2?
Yes.

Last edited by olshrimpeyes,

Madao64

Really Useless Old man
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Senegal
Hmm.... what's the possibility of loading multiple CFW through this method?
Like, leave MSET for one CFW, and this method, if it ever is ever improved to a state of stability, which I have no doubt will.

Even if not possible, and this can only open the Homebrew Channel, that's also convenient for those who don't want to constantly utilize wifi for tubehax.

Though, I forsee that the big N will initiate certain *ahem*stabilityupdates*ahem*.

Reactions: Margen67

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hmm.... what's the possibility of loading multiple CFW through this method?
Like, leave MSET for one CFW, and this method, if it ever is ever improved to a state of stability, which I have no doubt will.

Even if not possible, and this can only open the Homebrew Channel, that's also convenient for those who don't want to constantly utilize wifi for tubehax.

Though, I forsee that the big N will initiate certain *ahem*stabilityupdates*ahem*.
Before we can use this to load CFWs someone would need to port the old kernel hax to homemenuhax, ninjhax2 and all the other new entry points. Until then we can only use this to autoboot ninjhax2.
Should be possible to do this, but it would still be only 4.x-9.2 who could use them at the moment.

I haven't understand the full ARM11and ARM9 Exploit at the moment, so I couldn't try to port it.

Reactions: siFippo

tjas

The Gbatemp HRManager
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
These last few days have been crazy with 3DS/WiiU developments, great to see the Nintendo scene so alive :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1