Homebrew [Release] Homebrew Launcher with grid layout

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 9.5 N3DS CakesFW emuNAND. I've launched the HBL launcher using both Cubic Ninja .cia and the HBL Loader .cia.

Which CFW are you using, and have you tried redownloading your 2.5 payload?

EDIT: And how exactly did you boot HANS?

I am using rxTools on 9.5 emu, the 2.5 was grabbed as an offline confirmed working payload from a the cia thread

To load Hans, i menuhax to ctr to rxtools, use the HBL cia and run Hans from there, Hans boots and loads options fine but crashes out when i try and run a game or app

Same with legit files, apps, 'others' as well

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@peteruk
Try holding x + y while booting the hlb .cia. It will force your console to download the latest working payload for your FW and save it as the one to use in the future. If that doesn't work, all I can think of is updating your gridlauncher.

I've never been able to boot rxTools. MiniPasta and CakesFW are the only ones I've gotten to work.

Good luck man.

Reactions: peteruk

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@peteruk
Try holding x + y while booting the hlb .cia. It will force your console to download the latest working payload for your FW and save it as the one to use in the future. If that doesn't work, all I can think of is updating your gridlauncher.

I've never been able to boot rxTools. MiniPasta and CakesFW are the only ones I've gotten to work.

Good luck man.

Well i didn't get chance to try the tip, i booted again (same way), selected Hans, tried a different legit title, this time in the menu i changed the clock speed to higher setting and it booted fine :)

Will try with a couple more files and see how i get on

Thanks again very much for the helpful ideas

Arseface_TM

Board Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i didn't get chance to try the tip, i booted again (same way), selected Hans, tried a different legit title, this time in the menu i changed the clock speed to higher setting and it booted fine :)

Will try with a couple more files and see how i get on

Thanks again very much for the helpful ideas
Oh, I completely forgot, make sure to set the region right.

Sometimes HANS defaults to JAP for me, so I switch it to USA. I'm assuming you'd switch it to EUR.

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, I completely forgot, make sure to set the region right.

Sometimes HANS defaults to JAP for me, so I switch it to USA. I'm assuming you'd switch it to EUR.

Thanks for that, your right, tried it with BBM and region was default to Japan, so changed to EUR and changed closk speed and booted fine :)

Reactions: Arseface_TM

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I named my title banner the titleid exactly seen on the top screen, and it is in the titlebanners folder. It won't show up, even on the latest beta.
Also, the HBL water overlaps the banners.

Last edited by RocketRobz,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I named my title banner the titleid exactly seen on the top screen, and it is in the titlebanners folder. It won't show up, even on the latest beta.
Could you let me know the title ID so I can test here?

Also, the HBL water overlaps the banners.
Not a huge amount I can do about that TBH. If the banner comes below the level of the water, then it will overlap.

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had a notification from Github that my account has been temporarily disabled as they think I might be a robot! I've contacted support about this and am waiting to hear back. The effect of this is that the updater is currently not working (because it requires access to the github repo), and the Wiki may also be inaccessible. I'll post again when I hear back from GitHub.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had a notification from Github that my account has been temporarily disabled as they think I might be a robot! I've contacted support about this and am waiting to hear back. The effect of this is that the updater is currently not working (because it requires access to the github repo), and the Wiki may also be inaccessible. I'll post again when I hear back from GitHub.
I'm going to change the update server to stop sending requests to GitHub if it's disabled.

Last edited by ihaveahax,

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Long time ago. But is it possible to replace the boot.3dsx instead of the ninjhax 2.5 N3DS 9.2 boot.3dsx?
Not sure I understand the question. Are you asking if Gridlauncher can replace /boot.3dsx to be the default launcher booted by ninjhax? If so then the answer is yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What type of title is it (cart, download etc), and where are you expecting to see the banner? (main grid? title menu?)

Reactions: SLiV3R

RedHat

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Whaaa! I know you are not a robot!
Unless you are a really good Synth from the Institute :P
No, but seriously, that's really weird. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude. You practically push out new updates every day. You work like a robot therefore you must be a robot. lol

Reactions: klear and JJTapia19

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol