Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Just a suggestion. You can bundle wget with this tool and have the script use wget to download everything else that is needed so users only have to fownload 1 thing on their own and everything else is downloaded for them.

Thats how modmii does it.

Reactions: KiiWii

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for this tool! It seems to work (replaces all the files) but after starting the app, I see the logo for a few secs and then it crashes into black screen + beep.
Some info:
- Firmware 5.5.1 EUR
- New Super Mario Bros. (installed on SysNAND, I also tried USB)
- Homebrew Launcher installed to /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf
I had the same problem with v1.0.
Any ideas?
Some people have this problem, I have to investigate...

Okay, so now that I have the HBL haxchi forwarder installed, icon and all, the only things I wish to change with 1.1 are:
- Adding the bootsound
- Adding the XML and uploading it to change the title to read Homebrew Launcher

All I need to do is place the right XML and bootsound in the folder, and let the script do the rest? I want to be sure I only update these two files and nothing more :P
No need to take care of the XML, its downloaded, edited and uploaded automatically. The script will replace rom.zip whatever choice you choose but its no problem.

I tried injecting Homebrew over Brain Training (with custom Icon, Boot Sound and Splash Screens) but the game starts normally. Help?

Edit : I am back from a little investigation. Here are some lines :
PATH1 = "/vol/storage_" + storage_code + "/usr/title/00050000/" + game_id + "/content/0010/rom.zip"
PATH2 = "/vol/storage_" + storage_code + "/usr/title/00050000/" + game_id + "/meta/iconTex.tga"
If PATH2 is working perfectly, I see no reason why it would not work for PATH1...
Then I use this command : wupclient.up("rom.zip", PATH1) which is exactly the same as
w.up("rom.zip", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/0010/rom.zip")

I'll try something and you tell me if it works. I give you custom version via MP

Last edited by vickdu31,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No need to take care of the XML, its downloaded, edited and uploaded automatically. The script will replace rom.zip whatever choice you choose but its no problem.

Interesting, that's nice though, most excellent :P What about not telling it to change the images/icons (since I already did that)? And the boot sound file? I noticed that it's a compiled PY script. Even though I already have the forwarder installed on the old version?

D

Deleted User

I think the game skips rom.zip in vol\content\0010. Maybe it actually needs rom.nds, but it crashes on black screen with buzzing noise like @plyscho had when unzipping & rename to rom.nds. I don't get why we need .zip instead of original .nds replaced...

Edit: Nvm, I was on older version of that game and had to redownload off eShop lol

Last edited by ,

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It might be because of NSMB. I've dumped my tickets and sent them to FIX94 who seems to be investigating, too. :)
Actually, some people have the same problem with brain age.
Would there be different game ID for demo or for something else ?
Or then some of the fix94 rom.zip have some problem. Before the 1.0 and 1.1 release, I re-downloaded all zip from his 1.7 release. But I highly doubt that.
Or maybe, the rom.zip location is different for some games/game version
usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/0010/rom.zip
What if you try with the original wupclient manual commands with the same .zip ? (just rename the good one)
Interesting, that's nice though, most excellent :P What about not telling it to change the images/icons (since I already did that)? And the boot sound file? I noticed that it's a compiled PY script. Even though I already have the forwarder installed on the old version?
Yes, you can add only the sound file, select keep current icons but sound yes. I will not edit the META. First it was editing the meta but I decided its stupid to put haxchi by default if people want to only add the sound and they want another name.

Last edited by vickdu31,
Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, some people have the same problem with brain age.
Would there be different game ID for demo or for something else ?
Or then some of the fix94 rom.zip have some problem. Before the 1.0 and 1.1 release, I re-downloaded all zip from his 1.7 release. But I highly doubt that.
Or maybe, the rom.zip location is different for some games/game version
usr/title/00050000/YOUR_GAME_TITLE_ID/content/0010/rom.zip
What if you try with the original wupclient manual commands with the same .zip ? (just rename the good one)

Yes, you can add only the sound file, select keep current icons but sound yes. I will not edit the META. First it was editing the meta but I decided its stupid to put haxchi by default if people want to only add the sound and they want another name.

Okay, so the app will download the meta, I can change the name, have the app re-upload it and the sound file too. Sounds good, and thank you ^_^

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so the app will download the meta, I can change the name, have the app re-upload it and the sound file too. Sounds good, and thank you ^_^
Or just install the logo again, you can't edit the file since it does the download, edit and upload very fast. But it do one backup of the original so you can edit it and une wupclient manually.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or just install the logo again, you can't edit the file since it does the download, edit and upload very fast. But it do one backup of the original so you can edit it and une wupclient manually.

Unfortunately, I don't have any XML files to use, I could never get wupclient to extract, and download the XML, it kept spewing out syntax errors for the life of me. Maybe I'd best not bother with it *shrug*.

dodori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So, I tried installing haxchi with only wupserver and the normal rom.zip, but everytime I did it, it would just start normal Brain Age.

Now installed haxchi with your Installer, and now I have a "Homebrew Launcher" App, with a Homebrew Launcher Icon, Homebrew Launcher Bootscreen and Homebrew Launcher Bootsound, that starts Brain Age...

I don't know why, but for some reason it doesn't replace the Rom. It replaces everything BUT the rom!

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately, I don't have any XML files to use, I could never get wupclient to extract, and download the XML, it kept spewing out syntax errors for the life of me. Maybe I'd best not bother with it *shrug*.
Oh sorry I forgot to mention, don't use my wupclient, i'ts modified to work only with my script...
So, I tried installing haxchi with only wupserver and the normal rom.zip, but everytime I did it, it would just start normal Brain Age.
Now installed haxchi with your Installer, and now I have a "Homebrew Launcher" App, with a Homebrew Launcher Icon, Homebrew Launcher Bootscreen and Homebrew Launcher Bootsound, that starts Brain Age...
I don't know why, but for some reason it doesn't replace the Rom. It replaces everything BUT the rom!
Now I am afraid of something from big N... When did you install the NDS game ?
Try with this one : https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/download/v1.6/brainage.zip

dodori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh sorry I forgot to mention, don't use my wupclient, i'ts modified to work only with my script...

Now I am afraid of something from big N... When did you install the NDS game ?
Try with this one : https://github.com/FIX94/haxchi/releases/download/v1.6/brainage.zip

Okay, so just the haxchi script, but what of the XML file from Brain Age, I mean, surely there's a way to get an XML file, edit the title to read Homebrew Launcher, and have it injected back to the DS game, no?

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd add I installed Brain Age on my US consoles' sysNANDs only four days ago. Just ran Haxchi Installer v1.1 and everything worked flawlessly.

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so just the haxchi script, but what of the XML file from Brain Age, I mean, surely there's a way to get an XML file, edit the title to read Homebrew Launcher, and have it injected back to the DS game, no?
For that, don't use my script, use wupclient but not mine :P
Then :
w.dl("/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/GAMEID/meta/meta.xml") (if its on NAND)
Edit the file
w.up("meta.xml", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/GAMEID/meta/meta.xml")

I read somewhere in the forum that the old(free) download for Brain Age uses an old NDS emulator and don't work with contenthax...
True that ! So maybe for those people, if they delete the game and download it again from eShop !

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For that, don't use my script, use wupclient but not mine :P
Then :
w.dl("/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/GAMEID/meta/meta.xml") (if its on NAND)
Edit the file
w.up("meta.xml", "/vol/storage_mlc01/usr/title/00050000/GAMEID/meta/meta.xml")

True that ! So maybe for those people, if they delete the game and download it again from eShop !

I tried that, and another script, both yielded a stupid syntax error, despite the fact that I'm set up to use Python 2.7, so I don't know. It was proving way too infuriating for me, so I flat out gave up on trying to download the XML :unsure:

It doesn't help not knowing what lines to edit with notepad ++

*sigh* I just don't know if I want to try it again, it was way too frustrating, can you recommend a wupclient script? @ShadowOne333

Last edited by the_randomizer,

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried that, and another script, both yielded a stupid syntax error, despite the fact that I'm set up to use Python 2.7, so I don't know. It was proving way too infuriating for me, so I flat out gave up on trying to download the XML :unsure:
It doesn't help not knowing what lines to edit with notepad ++
*sigh* I just don't know if I want to try it again, it was way too frustrating, can you recommend a wupclient script? @ShadowOne333
Use this : https://github.com/FIX94/wuphax/blob/master/wupclient.py
As of the lines, replace like that : http://www.logic-sunrise.com/images/validation/in-110386648.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, i made some research and its a super slim
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, I haven't modded a Xbox 360 before, looks easy to mod, but difficult to take apart lol. I've done OG Xboxes before.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard dkoldies is worse
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    they aren't that hard to take apart. I can pop them apart with a jeweler's screwdriver any more
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, DKOldies is a scam.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I've already seen a lot of videos about them, and people no longer care.
    @Xdqwerty that's ok tho if you ever needed another model they are only like 60-80 dollars on offerup. pretty cheap
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    eBay sells Xbox 360s for £30.
    I wonder if there's an hdmi adapter for the old model
    cos that jtag works pretty damn good
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ik its a scam, thats why i mentioned it
    +1
    even though it is a system prone to rrod which it doesn't have
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would not recommend 360 phat models anymore, slims are better, and RGH3 possible, phats only rgh1 or jtag
    +1
    ya but phat has ps2 chip in it :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This is a great buying guide that I recommend.
    my rgh systems glitch pretty damn fast
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Except Winchester, which even to this day, is not moddable.
    +1
    now I'm trying to figure out PS4 modding.
    +1
    looks easy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, It definitely did take a while for the PS4 to be fully hacked, much like the PS Vita.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sony has announced that they will be using a non-x86 processor for their next-gen console.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Amazon fire sticks switching to a custom linuxOs instead of Android, sucks for 3rd party apks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, is the red ring of death still common in phat xbox 360s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, And Linux, regardless of its distro, is still easy to install 3rd-party modifications.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, And Linux, regardless of its distro, is still easy to install 3rd-party modifications.