Hacking [Release] Haxchi Installer 1.2 (Noob friendly)

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@vickdu31 when I run your script I get the following:

File "haxchi_installer_v1.0.py", line 10
print"******************************"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
@vickdu31 when I run your script I get the following:

File "haxchi_installer_v1.0.py", line 10
print"******************************"
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>>>
Did you unpack the whole folder. Wupclient is modified, you cannot use the original wupclient. And it need to run in the folder.
Also, make sure you use python 2.7 and not 3.5.. (I know its annoying)

TarkinMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you unpack the whole folder. Wupclient is modified, you cannot use the original wupclient. And it need to run in the folder.
Also, make sure you use python 2.7 and not 3.5.. (I know its annoying)

I did unpack the whole zip into a folder and you've identified the problem, I'm on 3.5.

Reactions: vickdu31

sleeperdk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have every files on and the game "got it for free the brain game"
But im kinda confused..
I have the fix fw file thing and it works when booting from homebrew so i can play dlc and wii games from sysnand
So do i just launch that and follow the ins' ??
Because im in the last and it says make sure that you started cfw booter using wupserver fw.img

EDIT: Screw it.. Went and tryed it anyway so will be back if it works or not.. WISH ME LUCK

EDIT2: So i have rebooted and it shows a homebrew logo and it launches homebrew :)

EDIT3: Opening the homebrew and holding a also works so thx ^^ So when the new update is out how to install with a better logo and boot sound ?? Just deleting the gme/mod then redownload and reload everything again ?

Last edited by sleeperdk,

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But im kinda confused..
I have the fix fw file thing and it works when booting from homebrew so i can play dlc and wii games from sysnand
Because im in the last and it says make sure that you started cfw booter using wupserver fw.img

EDIT: Screw it.. Went and tryed it anyway so will be back if it works or not.. WISH ME LUCK

good luck

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
But im kinda confused..

EDIT2: So i have rebooted and it shows a homebrew logo and it launches homebrew :)

EDIT3: Opening the homebrew and holding a also works so thx ^^ So when the new update is out how to install with a better logo and boot sound ?? Just deleting the gme/mod then redownload and reload everything again ?
When the new update is out, you can run the script again, sometimes fix94 also update the rom.zip for more features.

Edit : Yeah, I didnt understand all fw.img, just use your current one (your rednand if you want to make shortcut on rednand only or sysnand if you want to make it on sysnand). They all contain wupserver

Last edited by vickdu31,

Xdsaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
nice to see that at least somebody made a nice script for this, I wanted to do much more installation wise but it all seems to be far more complicated than just using a simple script in the end. the only thing I am not the greatest fan of are the hbl/cfw booter only tgas so I made myself some much more simplistic images which would work with anything set in the config really.
boot_Drc_Tex.png
Very Thx :)

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It would be perfect if you added the ability to boot to rednand by holding the x button
And added game auto detection so that noobs can do this with one click and no brick chance or a tiny one

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope there'll be a guide with all the links to the images, sounds, how to download and upload the XML file, what strings to change in the XML, how to place the folders in the right locations, etc
so people like me don't get confused. Wishful thinking though :P I just wish everything was less spread out and more consolidated.

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is fixed though for quite a few versions now using a special sd loader, only very few apps will cause that problem now.
running haxchi a second time works for me until i boot loadiine then it freezes when booting haxchi again i guess loadiine is one of those few apps that dont work correctly

Last edited by worm28,

galneon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an fw.img from the tutorial section of "that site" which at the very least includes sigpatches (that's all I use it for). Its CRC32 is F24E90F9 and it's based on FIX94's source. Is that sufficient for this method?

Edit: Just grabbed dimok's latest... May still be useful for others to know if the older fw.img would have been fine.

Edit2: Now I get the impression dimok's is meant only for REDNAND setups? I guess I'll stick with the older FIX94 fw.img I've been using.

Last edited by galneon,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed the guide doesn't touch on how to extract the XML, editing it, and uploading it back to the DS game. Is there a guide for that, do we need to load the same fw.img we use for Haxchi that we do do load wupclient? I really am trying and willing to learn how to do this, I just don't know where to begin, like, at all.

@vickdu31 Is there a guide on how to use wupclient and extract the XML?

icw35

Trophies
XP
Country
It would be perfect if you added the ability to boot to rednand by holding the x button
And added game auto detection so that noobs can do this with one click and no brick chance or a tiny one

I thought you could already do this? Set it in the config.txt - you can use any button you like and even put the rednand.img in a different folder.

Did you read the file that says "readme"? :P

a config.txt can look like this for example:

a=fw.img
b=rednand/fw.img
x=wiiu/apps/ftpiiu/ftpiiu.elf
down=wiiu/apps/snes9x2010_libretro/snes9x2010_libretro.elf
default=wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher/homebrew_launcher.elf

vickdu31

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
just so you know, I will stick with v1.7 for now, I think it is at a point where it is running nicely and supporting a good range of games total.
I just saw that you added the new.zip to the list.
The 1.1 version will come, more bootanimation, more bootsound and the XML replacement thanks to FIX94 :)

And yeah, @FIX94 is the best ! Nintendont is amazing !!! What about a Wii U port of nintendont ? :P

Last edited by vickdu31,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just saw that you added the new.zip to the list.
The 1.1 version will come, more bootanimation, more bootsound and the XML replacement thanks to FIX94 :)
BOOT ANIMATION?!
I thought that was hashed and couldn't be modified, I believe it was bootMovie and bootLogo, are you talking about those two?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox