ROM Hack [Release] Go! Gateway - Offline exploit host on Android

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't work on HTC WildfireS running PACman Rom 4.2.2 the tethering option in the settings app doesn't work needs a 3rd party app this one works
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.googlecode.android.wifi.tether (Root Only)
But the real problem is that once the tethering option in the settings app is attempted the Wifi module BCMxxx.so fails to respond and the phone needs to be restarted so even trying to use 3rd party app I posted won't work unless a check for an active tether network is made before trying to initialize the settings app tethering option then it would make it so phones like this one can work with it for example
Start Wifi tether then open Go! Gateway start service and run exploit
instead of start Go! Gateway wifi tether fails, then you must restart the phone

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno. Ivan's worked perfectly for me. In fact alot easier than this. Plus a data connection is not required on the phone that you run it from. My only complaint would be no ads on this one. Errrr I mean that there are ads on Ivan's. Still I prefer Ivan's. Like I said, can't be any easier to use and works perfect even without a data connection. No rooting involved there either.

Ivan Garcia

Trophies
Website
www.igarcias.es
XP
Country
Update released :
  • You can now change the exploit file name (default : Launcher.dat)
  • New HTML file made by duke_srg

Have you tested before what happens if a user tries to load a non-payload/exploit file? For example with a CIA file? or just a 3DS file? (Make a backup first of your nand ;) )

It's not the same that it fails loading the rop (console will restart) that fail trying to run an exploit on admin mode (maybe will cause a brick)

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Have you tested before what happens if a user tries to load a non-payload/exploit file? For example with a CIA file? or just a 3DS file?

It's not really my problem anyway, but I wouldn't recommend to do so ; the option is there to support other launchers like RegionThree.
Is there a solution for ios too? :D Would be nice : )

If you buy me a Mac and the 99$ fee, okay ;)

Reactions: Xenophy

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I don't have data on then I'll need wifi on on my phone, right? Cause I tried using both while the server was on and the gateway exploit wouldn't load for me.

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So if I don't have data on then I'll need wifi on on my phone, right? Cause I tried using both while the server was on and the gateway exploit wouldn't load for me.

Doesn't matter if you have data enabled or disabled, as long as you have WiFi and your device has tethering it's supposed to work... what was the problem, did the page show up ?

Really like your comment :D If you promise me that u can get the money back by selling the app, i m willingly to invest :D

Not sure if I could sell this, or if people would buy it :P

PlooBloo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter if you have data enabled or disabled, as long as you have WiFi and your device has tethering it's supposed to work... what was the problem, did the page show up ?

The page shows up but it doesn't load up on my 3DS, so I'm guessing it might be issues with my tethering. I'll look into it some more later. Thanks for the reply.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PlooBloo go and Settings App>More>Tethering
try turning on the tether without the using Gateway Go! app if it fails and you have root access use the app I posted in my first post, your phone may be like mine where it needs a rooted tethering app
for example on my phone when I try to enable tethering in the settings app it fails and I can't even use the rooted tethering app unless I restart my phone, but once the phone is restarted I can use Wifi tether with the root tether app

if a detection code for wifi tethering AP is put into Gateway Go! it would make things simpler. Basically start root tether app turn on tethering AP, start Gateway Go! if wifi tether is detected Gateway Go! won't attempt to start another wifi tether AP but instead rely on the already running one

StarPlatinum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really hope that with the next update GW team will release something that doesn't need a connection (the mii exploit maybe?), but in the meantime thanks for this man :grog:

OldClassicGamer

Serbian Prinny
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is your 3DS connected to the WiFi Hotspot ?

I tried making connection 2 in settings and I saw my tablet on list but it asks for password and I have no idea how to see password since my tabletis not even has password. I noticed that when I try random stuff it says invalid but when I typed 1234567890 it accepted but failed on test connection. Also, how to make sure Internet app does not connect automatically on connection 1 (my real wifi) but connection 2 instead?

Am I doing this right or am I missing something? I never done anything similar in past so I don't know much about it.

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Unfortunately, you either have to shut down your real wifi (or go far enough not to receive it anymore) or remove the connection in the settings =/

Maybe your tablet simply doesn't have tethering (mine doesn't), have you checked if the option appears on the settings ?

edit: also don't be bothered if the connection test fails on the 3ds, it just has to be able to connect to the hospot, not to the internet

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
hey I'm not sure but it got crazy in my phone o_o it was low baterry, I downloaded , it opened after install, ok, I closed it (I think o-o) and turned off the data sharing that was open ...
then I put it to charge but nothing lokks that happened, tried another charger and nothing, like I didin't pluged it , so I turned off and then on again, it gave me a system recover message that I can't see well because I touched so fast lol ...
then the charging worked and I let it there to charge ... what happened? o-o

edit: one other thing, I tried it here aaaaaand don't worked õ3o say that there are no acesspoint when I use the QRcode, what I should do ?

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I dont know what happened to your device, it's very weird x)

You have to go on your 3DS's settings and add the access point to a free connection (make sure the AP is running on your phone first)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be a good...