ROM Hack [Release] Go! Gateway - Offline exploit host on Android

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time since I haven't made an application I forgot some things like the onPause when the screen rotates x)

I will fix all this, however I don't think it's possible to create a hotspot from the application without being rooted, i will check this out.

Can you host apk somewhere? And add alternate language support?

Reactions: Maximilious

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been a long time since I haven't made an application I forgot some things like the onPause when the screen rotates x)

I will fix all this, however I don't think it's possible to create a hotspot from the application without being rooted, i will check this out.

FoxFi Hotspot doesn't require root to work. And what if you have hotspot capability on your device through a mobile provider - is root needed? Typically I root my devices but since work pays for mine and has MDM, rooted devices are taken off automatically. I also would like the standalone apk once you work out some of the features previous posts mentioned.

Thanks for doing this! And the standalone app for PC would be great also!

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland

I'm rooted, so if you can do it I'll get the app at least.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded and turned on my hotspot through my provider - The app recognized the hotspot was available and I was able to create a QR code. I'm at work without my 3DS so I can't test but Im' sure it will work. I just wanted to confirm root is not needed as long as you have a working hotspot - I imagine FoxFi will work just as well for this which is a free app.

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded this app and it does say it's compatible with my 2.3 device (I thank you a whole bunch for that one!) but it is saying that the address is already in use.

I have no clue which address it is using because it doesn't tell me, so how can I even figure out which one is in use? :P Also, I do have a wireless tether app on my phone and I tried the "Go! Gateway" application with my wireless application both on and off. Still didn't work.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's a problem from the web server, I had it once, I'm not sure what causes this issue, I think it comes from the port (currently 8080) already used, I wil make a random port feature in the next update

edit : update released, I did everything you guys told me (I think) like start everything when you launch the app ; I also fixed the layout

You talked about emulating a Nintendo Hotspot, is that possible ? How would it improve the application ? I heard of a "NiFi" protocol that Nintendo uses instead of WiFi to make their devices talk to each others.

iCuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Somone can explain me whats about this wifi tethering thing? Do i need a app in addition? Causw when i run the app a notification pops out which says: "The wifi tethering is not enabled"

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's the hotspot feature of Android which allows you to create a wifi hotspot, the main purpose is to share your mobile data Internet connection but here we use it to "broadcast" the exploit

Reactions: iCuke

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends on which system and device do you have, but you can normally activate it on the WiFi/Network Settings

You can update Go! Gateway (maybe you'll need for Google Play to spread the update to your country), it now tries to activate the tethering at startup if it's available

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have a hotspot service on the phone, can you just save a picture of the QR code and scan that each time to activate it instead?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do not have a hotspot service on the phone, can you just save a picture of the QR code and scan that each time to activate it instead?

The exploit works on code hosted on a web server. This app and any others like it create the web server and host the exploit on your phone, so you will need to connect your 3DS to your phone tether to run it. A QR code is incapable of that since it only houses numbers or text, not coding.

Reactions: cvskid

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a problem from the web server, I had it once, I'm not sure what causes this issue, I think it comes from the port (currently 8080) already used, I wil make a random port feature in the next update

edit : update released, I did everything you guys told me (I think) like start everything when you launch the app ; I also fixed the layout

You talked about emulating a Nintendo Hotspot, is that possible ? How would it improve the application ? I heard of a "NiFi" protocol that Nintendo uses instead of WiFi to make their devices talk to each others.

So I just restarted my phone and the port 8080 was reopened. I had the application AndrPHP on my phone and it used port 8080 but even when I deleted it from my phone it was still using that same port so I just had to restart it as stated and all was fixed. I don't think you'll need to make it so it chooses a random port. Plus, that would get annoying everytime to enter it in if you don't scan the QR Code.

Also, I did find that I had to san the QR Code because it wouldn't connect if I did it by typing in the address. Weird.

Oh, and one more question: When I scanned the code and it opened the browser, I noticed that my status on the 3ds wifi said "StreetPass" in green. How would that happen if I am not even connected to the internet (only connected to my phone hotspot)? Is there any chance it could give me the update nag?

EDIT:
Alright, so even with the port changing, it still saying the port is being taken. Seems as if both android apps has it's flaws :P but once both are worked out, they will both be good! :3

DarklyKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This works like a charm on my Samsung Galaxy S4 Activ, using v9.2 btw!
For some reason, the Ivan Garcia's one doesn't work on my phone, but works on my brother's Samsung Galaxy S3. Oh well, either way, both are great for everyone! :D

natinusala

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depends on the state of your mobile data connection ; if it's enabled and available the Internet label will show up on the 3DS. If not, it will only show Streepass until you start the browser and load the page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo...