Hacking [RELEASE] GATEWAY PUBLIC RELEASE 2.4b

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
When I aquired my Gateway, I was in 4.5 but my son accidentally updated the 3DS. Since I can not use the Gateway, I sincerely hope that this happens to you too ...

Now, if the lies of the Gateway team does not hurt you, no need to push the knife ... if i were you, I will not do too malignant ...

This reflects the mentality of man for himself, Picturesque!
did you do a backup of your 4.5 NAND? if yes, then a hardware mod is your best hope right now

Reactions: Nightwish

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Another update that serves no purpose ... From day one, the Gateway team has promised a compatible update until 3DS 6.0 but still nothing on the horizon. It may be the time came to boycott the Gateway.

I'm sick of their lies ...

Turn it into a life lesson, i myself missed JTAG hack on x360 because of an update, never installed ofw on console i wanted to hack ever since ;P And all my further console purchases had research about potentially hackable fw versions so i wouldn't get screwed again.

When I aquired my Gateway, I was in 4.5 but my son accidentally updated the 3DS. Since I can not use the Gateway, I sincerely hope that this happens to you too ...

Now, if the lies of the Gateway team does not hurt you, no need to push the knife ... if i were you, I will not do too malignant ...

No offense but it's your own fault.

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

dud did you backup your nand? did gateway force you to update? no you or your son messed up, yeah its a shame, but thats not gateways fault, they tell you what you need i.e a console on 4.x, its not their fault if you update past that FW, they have never "promised" 4.x+ compatibility....l...ever, they did say they where looking into it, but there was no promises

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Lemme play you some background music to go with your soapbox speech.

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gateway v1.0 said:
Currently it is not compatible with firmware above 4.5 but we are working on making
it compatible as quickly as possible with 5.x and 6.x firmwares. It is most
likely to happen in the weeks to come since we are now done with V1.0 of our
product and can now fully concentrate on newer firmware and new functions.

Since the product is now released and soon in Nintendo's hands, anything
above 6.2.0 will most likely never be compatible.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
still not a promise of anything....i see a couple of likely's though

moral of the story dont take things as gospel....especially when it comes to flash card companys, should we all boycott crown3ds for never releasing their card even though they where at 72% complete :P

life lesson only buy something for its released features....not "possible" future features

Ashtonx

n0l1f3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

1.0 was like how many months ago ? i think you should've figured by now they couldn't do it afterall. We're on 2.4b and you're still waiting for stuff they hoped to achieve few weeks after v1.0 ?

Just buy a hackable 3ds already and stop whining, it's your own kid that's responsible and that makes it your own responsibility. Waiting and crying ain't gonna help you, what example are you setting for your kid acting like this.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

not only you wasnt careful where you probably put the wifi into 3DS with a little kid around.

you didnt make a NAND backup.

you would have thought natural selection woould have taken care of you, but you seem to have been able to have a kid.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.0 was like how many months ago ? i think you should've figured by now they couldn't do it afterall. We're on 2.4b and you're still waiting for stuff they hoped to achieve few weeks after v1.0 ?

Just buy a hackable 3ds already and stop whining, it's your own kid that's responsible and that makes it your own responsibility. Waiting and crying ain't gonna help you, what example are you setting for your kid acting like this.

over a year ago, and hes still waiting.

D

Deleted User

The profile exploit is what worked to 6.2 - kernel is still 4.5. Though that message was over a year ago. Honestly, if you think anything will happen post 4.5, you're deluding yourself. No one, and no other card has gone beyond 4.5.

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a backup of my Nand 4.2.0 and I 've already sold my 5.1 3DS to buy a new 4.5 with claws. I am totally at a loss with this product, it is the reason why I pour plains, if ca polo pleases you on your way to ... I do not compel you to answer me ...​

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
-snip- nevermind, false info

edit:
I have a backup of my Nand 4.2.0 and I 've already sold my 5.1 3DS to buy a new 4.5 with claws. I am totally at a loss with this product, it is the reason why I pour plains, if ca polo pleases you on your way to ... I do not compel you to answer me ...

if you have a NAND backup, then why don't you get a hardware mod done and flash it back to your 3DS? would have been the better choice than selling it and buying a new one

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
actually smea has shown, that he had full access on 6.3 with his own version of emunand, called rednand, but ofc he will never release that, because it would allow piracy
and the exploit, that he will release, is another one, not granting kernel access

if you have a NAND backup, then why don't you get a hardware mod done and flash it back to your 3DS? would have been the better choice then selling it and buying a new one
he didnt have kernel access on 6.x he had ssspwn on 6.x, using the dsprofile entry point that existed up to 6.x, rednand was only ever 4.x the same as gateway

Cid2mizard

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If we follow the same logic as the Gateway, the ssspwn of smea can ever be released , it announced its development there are many , I begin to doubt his true output someday!

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If we follow the same logic as the Gateway, the ssspwn of smea can ever be released , it announced its development there are many , I begin to doubt his true output someday!

read the third line of my signature.
buuut, I forgive you, you surely didn't follow his twitter carefully so your doubting is partially comprehensible.

sincerely hoping for something bad to happen to people and then saying that you wouldn't be too mean with them... wut
I really hope you used a translator and that the first bolded sentence came out the opposite of what it was...

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well he just wants to be sure that even users on a higher firmware than you can use it....

I dont want to sound like a jerk or prise gateway,

But they said from the beginning to not update your 3ds, and that they were looking to get it working on 6.20. If they had it working they would release it ( more money for them). And they did even more than they promised...

When they said to not update your 3ds you could have taken some precautions to avoid updating, like removing the internet connections. Anyway, you could sell this 3ds and buy a new 4.5. If youre lucky it wont cost you any more money

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl