Status
Not open for further replies.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know who to contact to get this thread closed? I feel it would be best to close this one and open a new one. Though that is just me.
like I said before, we need to get the new thread up and link it in the last message here before it closes so whoever ends up here sees where to go for up to date info ONLY ABOUT FREESHOP

JustMeDaFaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Anything stand out as the potential future for updates, support, and such for this project?

Seeing as this might not be updated very much anymore...
I believe, the biggest issue is the libary "CPP3DS" written by the cruel.
Which is completetly undocumented:
Documentation
Will be released with v1.0 stable
(So probably never)

So, to actually know what its capable of, someone needs to spend some time on it ;)

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Because nobody who bought them through eShop shared the tickets or other data to that titles site. If they are actually sold on eShop. So any CIA that you may found were actually made by dumping retail carts.
OFF: I think the racing one you are asking is the Ridge Racer 3D.

Theoretically, if there's a cia on that iso site of a game that hasn't any data on that titlekey site, you can extract the encrypted title key from the cia, make a enctitlekeys.bin, decrypt it using decrypt9 then upload the dectitlekeys.bin to that title keys site. Read about it here. This might be useful in getting more smaller games onto that titlekeys site and thus, onto freeshop.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Theoretically, if there's a cia on that iso site of a game that hasn't any data on that titlekey site, you can extract the encrypted title key from the cia, make a enctitlekeys.bin, decrypt it using decrypt9 then upload the dectitlekeys.bin to that title keys site. Read about it here. This might be useful in getting more smaller games onto that titlekeys site and thus, onto freeshop.
That's only an option if the title key is legit, any games that were converted from retail cart, or packed into CIA via old tools will not have a authentic decryption key, so adding them to freeshop wouldn't work anyway (although they are verified before they are added to the key site anyway iirc, so if the key is bad, they will be automatically removed)

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's only an option if the title key is legit, any games that were converted from retail cart, or packed into CIA via old tools will not have a authentic decryption key, so adding them to freeshop wouldn't work anyway (although they are verified before they are added to the key site anyway iirc, so if the key is bad, they will be automatically removed)

If the CIA is clean enough to be recognized and repairable by the eShop, it must contained the title keys? I once downloaded a Poochy&Yoshi EUR CIA that was like this before it appeared on freeShop and I hesitated to ask the question :P

Igknotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
freeshop is not really working for me anymore even though I have freeshop version 2.2.0 and I cannot install the new games it keeps saying that it not the right title key do I need to update my firmware to be able to play the recent games.

JustMeDaFaq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
freeshop is not really working for me anymore even though I have freeshop version 2.2.0 and I cannot install the new games it keeps saying that it not the right title key do I need to update my firmware to be able to play the recent games.
Which title for example?
Going to look into it then :)

Gizametalman

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Nope... I've been in 11.2 and everything is running fine. Even the latest games.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
If the CIA is clean enough to be recognized and repairable by the eShop, it must contained the title keys? I once downloaded a Poochy&Yoshi EUR CIA that was like this before it appeared on freeShop and I hesitated to ask the question :P
Yeah I would be fairly confident people will have already submitted the title keys from the ISO site by uploading their key titlekeys.bin after installing any of the currently unavailable games, I would be surprised if any more legit title keys exist on the ISO site that haven't already been submitted

The difference with the Yoshi game was that you had it during the delay it takes for the title key to get verified and time for the game to get added to the freeshop cache

If you can install the CIA and delete it then re-reinstall it from the eshop that means the key is legit, if it fails at 99% it's using a dummy title key

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Does anyone know who to contact to get this thread closed? I feel it would be best to close this one and open a new one. Though that is just me.
]
Mass Report it and hope that a mod will look into it
Unless a proper replacement topic for Freeshop is made this topic will be kept open to allow discussing issues and future development for this application.

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does this app even need future development? There isn't really anything to add to it, and it looks like it's going to work normally for a while.

Last edited by erman1337,

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, does this app even need future development? There isn't really anything to add to it, and it looks like it's going to work normally for a while.
There are still improvements to be made, for example the app background music could be changed to bcstm so it could loop properly. Custom layouts is another posibility, or someone should allow new titles to show without the need of the cache (new titles that are not in the cache could have an ? icon and no info to look at, but the download option should still be there).

Reactions: Tomy Sakazaki

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are still improvements to be made, for example the app background music could be changed to bcstm so it could loop properly. Custom layouts is another posibility, or someone should allow new titles to show without the need of the cache (new titles that are not in the cache could have an ? icon and no info to look at, but the download option should still be there).
And what happened to being able to download in sleep mode. I thought I read a while back someone figured out how to do that and "he who shall not be named" was going to try and implement it into freeShop. I'd love to one day have this feature so I hope development continues on this project.

hj74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you download games on freeshop and somehow it stops working will the games you downloaded stop working too or will any downloaded games always work ?

I mean is it linked to your account online somehow ? so if you get banned online you will lose access to any downloaded games ? Because i wouldnt really like to play a game 30 hours then it stops working

Im not really sure how it works so if somebodys knows that will be great :) Thanks

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you download games on freeshop and somehow it stops working will the games you downloaded stop working too or will any downloaded games always work ?

I mean is it linked to your account online somehow ? so if you get banned online you will lose access to any downloaded games ? Because i wouldnt really like to play a game 30 hours then it stops working

Im not really sure how it works so if somebodys knows that will be great :) Thanks
freeShop games will work regardless of freeShop. The games all come from CDN Nintendo uses for their eShop whether you use freeShop, CIAngel, or something else.

No, it's not linked to anything since you didn't buy it. freeShop works even if you're banned. People that can't use eShop anymore use it to get updates and such. Back up your save using JKSM.

Reactions: hj74

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
And what happened to being able to download in sleep mode. I thought I read a while back someone figured out how to do that and "he who shall not be named" was going to try and implement it into freeShop. I'd love to one day have this feature so I hope development continues on this project.

I'm still waiting for a damn string showing free space since 1.2. TheCruel was implementing sleep mode, but I guess nobody will continue this excepting for uploading keys for piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.