Homebrew [Release] freeShop - open source eShop alternative

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently got another 3ds and installed CFW on that, but with my new one i only reach around 300 kb/s where as my other one is 750kb/s anyone know why that is?

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry in advanced if this is a dumb question.

I installed freeShop today, and noticed all the titles were showing after scanning some QR code from "that title key site" and checking "Auto-update title keys from URL" (some freeShop installation video on YouTube said to do this). I became confused, as it supposedly shouldn't show any titles I haven't purchased but now it listed hundreds of games; so I saw one and clicked the install button out of curiosity (expecting to see some error), but to my surprise it installed...

I uninstalled it after it downloaded (curiosity held me long enough to see if it actually was going to throw and error out in the end about me not owning this game). Am I at risk of getting the ban hammer from Nintendo?

If this question violates any rules, please let me know how I can ask this better or what to edit out.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry in advanced if this is a dumb question.

I installed freeShop today, and noticed all the titles were showing after scanning some QR code from "that title key site" and checking "Auto-update title keys from URL" (some freeShop installation video on YouTube said to do this). I became confused, as it supposedly shouldn't show any titles I haven't purchased but now it listed hundreds of games; so I saw one and clicked the install button out of curiosity (expecting to see some error), but to my surprise it installed...

I uninstalled it after it downloaded (curiosity held me long enough to see if it actually was going to throw and error out in the end about me not owning this game). Am I at risk of getting the ban hammer from Nintendo?

If this question violates any rules, please let me know how I can ask this better or what to edit out.
No one has gotten banned from downloading games with freeShop.

Reactions: AnEpicSquirrel

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I was worried that the steps I followed and such led me into something like Pokemon SuMo where Nintendo can see you don' goofed.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply! I was worried that the steps I followed and such led me into something like Pokemon SuMo where Nintendo can see you don' goofed.
No, the ban waves with Sun/Moon happened because they went online with the games before release.

When you scanned that QR code, you're supposed to see those games and download what you want.

AnEpicSquirrel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, the ban waves with Sun/Moon happened because they went online with the games before release.

When you scanned that QR code, you're supposed to see those games and download what you want.
Thanks for clarifying all this for me.

So I'm guessing people are now able to download SuMo via freeShop without consequences. I'm surprised something like this exists.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Thanks for clarifying all this for me.

So I'm guessing people are now able to download SuMo via freeShop without consequences. I'm surprised something like this exists.

As it is CDN content no, there's no risk on downloading and play SuMo, just don't use cheats online.

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do a system transfer, will everything remain intact? Like will all my games still be there and will all e save data still be there?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I do a system transfer, will everything remain intact? Like will all my games still be there and will all e save data still be there?
Games downloaded with freeShop will not transfer, but their saves should still be intact, iirc. You should back your saves up with JKSM to be safe.

Manurocker95

Game Developer & Pokémon Master
Trophies
Website
manuelrodriguezmatesanz.com
XP
Country
Spain
Games downloaded with freeShop will not transfer, but their saves should still be intact, iirc. You should back your saves up with JKSM to be safe.

They won't transfer if that console doesn't have the license. iirc, if you buy a game, delete it from settings and then download it again from freeshop, it can be transfered.

SonicNinja6600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've downloaded the latest encTitleKeys.bin and i'm still getting the "Wrong Title Keys" error. Anyone know what I can do to fix the error?

omegazeroINFI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i find that if you download without using the x button, you just download the game, no updates, and no dlc if applicable. shouldnt there be a button or something provided to download those if you ended up only getting the game?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
@TheCruel
Suggestion: Can you make the Platform, Genre and Features (has online support, has 3D support etc.) appear under the description of a title? (If there's no space for them, I can make some icons, so they fit under the title's icon, if you want.)

Igknotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I download freeshop through fbi for my cousin I need titlekeys, but I forgot how to do the ar scan code.

Last edited by Igknotus,

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Hey I download freeshop through fbi for my cousin I need titlekeys, but I forgot how to do the ar scan code.
Go to that Titlekey site, click the QR code icon next to one of the big green buttons at the top, on your 3DS, open freeShop, tap the Settings cog on the Touch Screen, tap Update, tap the QR icon next to the keyboard icon, scan the code, and restart freeShop.

Reactions: Igknotus

Igknotus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to that Titlekey site, click the QR code icon next to one of the big green buttons at the top, on your 3DS, open freeShop, tap the Settings cog on the Touch Screen, tap Update, tap the QR icon next to the keyboard icon, scan the code, and restart freeShop.
Thanks appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo