MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
All they did was scan for the homebrew channel and if they found it, they just said "unauthorized channels found, deleting" and you could just reinstall again with letterbomb.
but they still achieved it, now they could scan for programs such as freeshop and not only delete it but ban youre console entirely. (they did it with the early pokemon moon downloaders) so hey you take the risk.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating from eShop has worked for people so far. It's a bit more risky to download titles not tied to your NNID though. But still, no bans have been reported.
when i download updates from the eshop any cia themes i have installed i loose them all but besides that its the only thing i know that happens.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Smash, but don't have the DLC, how do I get the DLC?

Go to the list of titles installed in freeShop, tap on Smash and it'll give you 3 options. (Delete Game, Download Update, Download DLC)
First, download the update, then download the DLC and it should all be there after in Smash.

belisleian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Im starting to have slow download speed since yesterday.
I have a new 3ds with a 120mb/s internet connection.
Freeshop was usually downloading at 1500-1700 ko/s.
Now the speed is at 200-500 ko/s.

What is happening.

I found a bug or problem. When selecting more than 1 games or updates to download and closing the app while they didn't finish downloading.
When you re open the freeshop app and go to the download/install section. Every games and update will appear 3 times.

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found a bug or problem. When selecting more than 1 games or updates to download and closing the app while they didn't finish downloading.
When you re open the freeshop app and go to the download/install section. Every games and update will appear 3 times.
Ah yeah thanks, I remember someone mentioning that. I wasn't able to duplicate it before, but I've since done it and should be able to fix it. In the meantime, when it's done installing what you want, make sure to go to FBI > Pending Titles and clear that list. It could be messed up from the queue issue (or not).

Also, download speeds haven't changed for me, could be a temporary server issue.

VictorMoreno015

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait I just noticed that it has a new site to get it from. Will it still update like normal if theres any or will I have to replace my old freeShop?

TheCruel

Developer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait I just noticed that it has a new site to get it from. Will it still update like normal if theres any or will I have to replace my old freeShop?
The old version (2.1.3) will not successfully find any new updates. The new version (2.1.4) will find updates when available. There are not yet any new features or bug fixes (though there will be). I would suggest people update mostly because if the game cache format changes in any new update then the old version will not function properly. I don't plan on changing the cache format at the moment, but it's a possibility in the future as it has happened before.

LegitVirgin

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
While your here I was hoping I could ask just a couple quick things since my friend did this for me. First, thank you so much for this, second will you be updating the title keys? And if not is their a way or another website I can go to get the title key? I'm kinda confused of how to add more, like yokai watch 2 + 3...

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
While your here I was hoping I could ask just a couple quick things since my friend did this for me. First, thank you so much for this, second will you be updating the title keys? And if not is their a way or another website I can go to get the title key? I'm kinda confused of how to add more, like yokai watch 2 + 3...
Here is how to set up auto updating.

Google for 3ds titlekeys on your computer
Click the green part of the orange button that looks like a little QR code.
A big QR code will fill your screen.
Leave it and go to your 3DS.
Open freeShop
Tap the cog icon
Tap the updates tab
Tap to put a tick in the box marked "auto update titlekeys"
Tap the little QR code button on the left side of the touch screen
The camera will open
Use it to scan the big QR code on your computer screen
Press start and/or Select (one of these will save the settings and close freeShop, don't remember which)
Reopen freeShop
Now the titlekeys will auto update.

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i know this doesnt belong here, but it's a quick question, how do i find out how many titles i have on my 3DS? i have a feeling that i might be close to 300.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
ok i know this doesnt belong here, but it's a quick question, how do i find out how many titles i have on my 3DS? i have a feeling that i might be close to 300.
System Settings -> Software -> 3DS software
Not sure if it tells you how many titles, but it tells you how many pages, so you can multiply the number of pages by the number in each page (I think 5) to find out how many titles (minus between 0-4 for if the last page is not filled).

Darksphere92

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System Settings -> Software -> 3DS software
Not sure if it tells you how many titles, but it tells you how many pages, so you can multiply the number of pages by the number in each page (I think 5) to find out how many titles (minus between 0-4 for if the last page is not filled).

Go count the icons on your home screen
thanks, will do.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Go to eShop.
  2. Buy the games you want added.
  3. Use Decrypt9(WIP) to dump the decrypted title keys.
  4. Upload them to that title key site.
  5. Wait for the guy that runs the site to encrypt them.
  6. Wait for freeShop cache to be updated.
  7. Download from freeShop.
  8. ???
  9. Profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...