• no other

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so idk what exactly @RednaxelaNnamtra accomplished by maxing out the "max version" fields in the eshop patch, but it is not enough to bypass the NNID check. You still need to have the latest NVer installed to get past that.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, just tried it on n3ds 9.5, still asks to update.
Its specifically -27 or lower that is asking for the update. If you feel like installing the latest NVer for your region (version is 448, title id depends on the region) you won't get that error. That combined with FMP to handle patching NIM will allow you to go online with anything except the eshop. You can open the eshop with the latest NVer and FMP but you will be unable to access any content pages or download anything because the server doesnt use the old URLs anymore and the old version of the eshop doesnt know the new URLs.

That is why you have to use GW and install the latest eShop version, or just use HANS when you need to access the eshop and FMP for everything else.

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so idk what exactly @RednaxelaNnamtra accomplished by maxing out the "max version" fields in the eshop patch, but it is not enough to bypass the NNID check. You still need to have the latest NVer installed to get past that.
you had to enable ignore firmware version in the setting in the last version, if you wanted to use the patches on 10.2+ emunand. Now there is no max version limit on the patches, because there is no known limit to the patches. So this setting is not needed on a new firmware.

The act patching is not working for now, I need to read and write assembly to create thispatch.
I have not much experience in this and not that much time, so it is taking longer than I hoped.
The auto updater was one thing I wanted to add for a longer time, and I will add some more features to it, like patch updating and a changes list. Patch updating will allow me to easier separate the patches from the patcher and update them easier without updating the patcher itself.

Reactions: peteruk

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you had to enable ignore firmware version in the setting in the last version, if you wanted to use the patches on 10.2+ emunand. Now there is no max version limit on the patches, because there is no known limit to the patches. So this setting is not needed on a new firmware.

The act patching is not working for now, I need to read and write assembly to create thispatch.
I have not much experience in this and not that much time, so it is taking longer than I hoped.
The auto updater was one thing I wanted to add for a longer time, and I will add some more features to it, like patch updating and a changes list. Patch updating will allow me to easier separate the patches from the patcher and update them easier without updating the patcher itself.

So the "max version" thing is to address a compatibility issue with newer firmware versions (possibly related to the increased number of people installing Frankenstein firmwares to their emunand)? And the other changes are background stuff to make it easier for you to update the software and/or patches to implement a fix for the current issues with using the eShop (or address future changes Nintendo makes)?

Reactions: RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So the "max version" thing is to address a compatibility issue with newer firmware versions (possibly related to the increased number of people installing Frankenstein firmwares to their emunand)? And the other changes are background stuff to make it easier for you to update the software and/or patches to implement a fix for the current issues with using the eShop (or address future changes Nintendo makes)?
not only for the frankenstein firmwares, the updated o3ds firmwares on emunands to.
This update is mostly for internal stuff, but the updater should be usefull for all normal users.
Also if other people start creating patches, I will maybe create a patch database and include a patch downloader.
Using the ntr debugger and some help from 3dbrew or assembly people could search for patches on their own, maybe somebody will find something usefull.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not only for the frankenstein firmwares, the updated o3ds firmwares on emunands to.
This update is mostly for internal stuff, but the updater should be usefull for all normal users.
Also if other people start creating patches, I will maybe create a patch database and include a patch downloader.
Using the ntr debugger and some help from 3dbrew or assembly people could search for patches on their own, maybe somebody will find something usefull.

Any chance that the patches could manage to do what HANS does with romfs, at least as far as the URL stuff? Or is it limited to NIM patches?

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Any chance that the patches could manage to do what HANS does with romfs, at least as far as the URL stuff? Or is it limited to NIM patches?
At the moment is is limited to background applications like nim, homemenu or ns, but maybe in the future there will be a way. One possibility would be to modify it to be in the background like ntr or make it to an applet and replace an systemapplet like game notes. But I don't know if I will be able to do it in future.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment is is limited to background applications like nim, homemenu or ns, but maybe in the future there will be a way. One possibility would be to modify it to be in the background like ntr or make it to an applet and replace an systemapplet like game notes. But I don't know if I will be able to do it in future.

Hmm sounds like our best bet atm if we don't want to be tethered to HANS for eshop access is to figure out how to spoof the kernel version check in CFWs other than Gateway. That or do the same to the latest version of tiger before installing it.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
--Snip--.
Hi Aroth i've seen guys logged with NNID after the original get formated. I want to tell you there is a NNID management title and it seems to be launch-able.
You can get the link after search google for "终于研究出来了登陆NNID的方法,希望能帮到还在为登陆NNID挣扎的朋友们" (Yes, Chinese site) and use a translator.
If that is eshop needs the NNID state but the firmware stops it then sorry and pity.

Orz nvm. It still needs NVer

Last edited by Syphurith,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Aroth i've seen guys logged with NNID after the original get formated. I want to tell you there is a NNID management title and it seems to be launch-able.
You can get the link after search google for "终于研究出来了登陆NNID的方法,希望能帮到还在为登陆NNID挣扎的朋友们" (Yes, Chinese site) and use a translator.
If that is eshop needs the NNID state but the firmware stops it then sorry and pity.

Orz nvm. It still needs NVer

Its not that eShop needs a NNID, but that it will attempt to sign into the NNID if one is linked to the console. If a service or game attempts to sign into NNID and you are not on -28 the sign in will fail. Since NVer is little more than a container file for the -28 string to be read/displayed by services like System Settings, the problem should be as simple as finding the part of the sign in process were the server requests version and spoofing the response.

In fact, I am going to try to figure out today if it is requesting the version number of the title or the actual NVer contents.

edit: And it looks like its checking the version number of the title. Used 3DNUS to download a spoofed copy of v368 (-23) of the NVer title that reports as v448 (still says -23 though) and it passed the NNID sign in check. Testing now with a much higher spoofed version to see if its an exact value check or if its just checking to see if its under a given value.

edit2: Looks like that worked as well, so it seems to be just making sure the installed version is not lower than the latest version (doesn't seem to care if its higher).

Interesting to note (to me at least) that the version number of the NVer title is actually significant to the system. Title manager reads the "version" of the unspoofed v368 (-23) file as "0.23.0", and the "version" of both the unmodified v448 (-28) and the spoofed v368 (-23, spoofed to v448) as "0.28.0". The last one I made to test was spoofed to v450 and the title manager read it as "version 0.28.2". Tempted to make one that is spoofed to v464 and see if it reads at "0.29.0"....

Last edited by Aroth,

Hiatus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder when serial patching will be implemented for region changed consoles, or if it's even possible. It would be great to access the US eShop one day! Regardless, great work as always! :)

Reactions: Arithmatics

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question about usage on n3ds,

I install this cia in my Emunand, open the app, patch region free, leave it again and the out of region cia will show up in Emunand home menu?

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed NVER v448 (-28) to the sysNAND of my N3DS on 9.2 and along with this tool and rxTools, I was able to sign into my NNID to use the Save Data Transfer Tool to copy a save from a cart to a game installed from a non-legit CIA (Yoshi's New Island was the cart and game). For some reason, HANS was not able to fool the NNID login version check and failed even with NVER at v448.

Last edited by driverdis,

Emeraldman94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there anyway this could make a permanent patch to emuNAND. Instead of it being temporary and having to be reapplied everytime you turn off the system?

RednaxelaNnamtra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
is there anyway this could make a permanent patch to emuNAND. Instead of it being temporary and having to be reapplied everytime you turn off the system?
the only good way to do this would be to add the patching to an cfw, wich is hard to do atm, because of the threads binary limitated binary size.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.