Translation [Release][Final] Nora and the Time Studio: The Witch of the Misty Forest - Translation Project

boyfriendcoma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What a totally stunning game! As a big Atelier nerd, I’m more grateful than I can express through text, but please know that your work was a really uplifting surprise for me, and is being enjoyed to its fullest!
My first instinct was to go tell the r/atelier subreddit; a quick search shows that nobody has stumbled upon this yet, and I can guarantee the whole community would be thrilled!
I’m not really into jumping the gun on someone else’s work, and I’m sure you can introduce the project better than I can; I’m all semicolons and exclamation marks.
Thanks again for this stellar translation, and please tell me if you’d rather that I make a post in that community, or not post at all. You’ve got my full support!
Edit: if there’s any proofreading or testing you’d like an assist with, I have too much time on my hands and would love a project / reason for gaming, feel free to pm!

Last edited by boyfriendcoma,

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
ooh this is amazing news <3 thank you so much for doing this - seriously T_T!!! i have been waiting for years since that one person tried to translate the game itself ;; O;;!!
seeing it being worked on makes my heart happy <3!!

also um i wanted to tell you this encase you didn't know about this; yandex has a feature in which you can translate images and pull the text out of the translated images text off of it - i just found out like late lol, so if you wanna upload any image that is in japanese, upload it then you will see an option on the right corner that appeared saying 'open as text' - click on it to go through the 'are you a robo' question to then get sent back to the yandex website and you will have the japanese text from the image itself, another thing i would also recommend using deepl - again this is encase you didn't know.

these two websites seriously helped me out understanding what the heck did the character state in my jap game that i've been playing xD
Hey thanks, happy to see more people interested in the translation

I've used Yandex before, but not much. DeepL is nice, I knew about it already, but thanks.
Yep, OCR translations are very helpful in certain situations. Thankfully the images in these game didn't contain much text and I translated them 'manually'.

• Love
Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
What a totally stunning game! As a big Atelier nerd, I’m more grateful than I can express through text, but please know that your work was a really uplifting surprise for me, and is being enjoyed to its fullest!
My first instinct was to go tell the r/atelier subreddit; a quick search shows that nobody has stumbled upon this yet, and I can guarantee the whole community would be thrilled!
I’m not really into jumping the gun on someone else’s work, and I’m sure you can introduce the project better than I can; I’m all semicolons and exclamation marks.
Thanks again for this stellar translation, and please tell me if you’d rather that I make a post in that community, or not post at all. You’ve got my full support!
Edit: if there’s any proofreading or testing you’d like an assist with, I have too much time on my hands and would love a project / reason for gaming, feel free to pm!
Yep, this game has a charm that has attracted me since the first time that I saw it listed in a blog, years ago.
You and everybody are free to spread to word about this humble translation project, so if you could do so I'd be very glad. I don't think to have the time to post in that or other communities by myself, at least for now.
We've been internally doing corrections to the translation in the latest weeks, and the last textures/images that were untranslated had been translated by Etokapa and inserted by me last week. In other words, we're near the last revision prior to the release, and once we reach there I could send you the patch for you to try it and give me your impressions. :yaynds:

Reactions: boyfriendcoma

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A quick update, cause I'm lazy and I might forget to keep you up to date, sorry.
  • The textures mentioned posts ago, had been completely translated and inserted. Big thanks to Etokapa for the textures edits.
  • Location descriptions had been shortened to fit on screen.
  • Items descriptions in battle had been shortened to fit on screen.
  • Minimal font spacing changes to a few characters.

Many text scripts translations had been corrected in the last weeks, I won't list them as they are many and I'm not providing screenshots for them. Just so you know what's going on. See yaaaaa' soon.🔥

65.png
66.png

67.png
68.png

69.png
70.png

71.png
72.png

73.png

Last edited by Darukeru,

HinaNaru Cutie

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey thanks, happy to see more people interested in the translation

I've used Yandex before, but not much. DeepL is nice, I knew about it already, but thanks.
Yep, OCR translations are very helpful in certain situations. Thankfully the images in these game didn't contain much text and I translated them 'manually'.

you're welcome cx!!
ah okay that's good, of course you're welcome <3!

true, - oh well dang that's good to know :3

v0.3c

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, the translation patch is available for everyone. You can find a link to the patch in the Gitlab repo, also OP has been updated a little bit to reflect the status of the project. Have no much left no say this time, and probably won't have for a while. Leave any reviews or comments here in this thread or open an issue in the repository.

Enjoy and be happy~ 👌

disgaea36

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone been able to get this running on a flash cart? first time getting the white screen of nothing with a recent release. Using the awesome acekard 2i

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought I would put a post up on the portal
https://gbatemp.net/threads/nora-to...mori-no-majo-nds-translation-released.610414/

Still going through tutorials (picture on the portal is literally where it is sitting as I type this) but done a few battles so far. Might even scratch my itch for an item creation game -- most trading/blacksmith stuff on the DS is maybe not so hot as I would like.

I am usually on the pizza cats side of the spectrum when it comes to game translation but I will note a fair bit of informal and slang text which might not work for some. Curious why some almost Finnish looking terms were adopted for names and techniques as well but it works fine.

anyone been able to get this running on a flash cart? first time getting the white screen of nothing with a recent release. Using the awesome acekard 2i
Working fine on my supercard dsone.

My base ROM (used the included linux version of the patcher, not that it matters much here for xdelta) has the MD5 of 49d2731d0f0f751f3cd7a2da58e5b88a (don't know if this saw multiple versions because silly redumps offhand.

Reactions: Darukeru

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't own that specific flashcart, but I tested it in a R4i Gold 3ds (www.r4ids.cn) running Wood firmware and it worked correctly. Probably your firmware doesn't auto-apply AP-fix.

Try following this guide Section II to apply the necessary AntiPiracy patch. https://glazedbelmont.github.io/appatching/

Last edited by Darukeru,
Reactions: zfreeman

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff