Translation [Release][Final] Nora and the Time Studio: The Witch of the Misty Forest - Translation Project

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Sadly for me, AKAIO and Acekard 2i still is a bust. Yes, I can use twilightmenu, no, I would really prefer to use AKAIO as it keeps things bit more like I like them in a flashcart (Has backlightlight switch) - though pressing start before play on power up "fixes" this OK enough.

I just read in another thread that was, LOCKED, for some reason so could not say thanks to people who pointed it out originally but apparently AKAIO had issue of AP fixing Nora twice breaking the game and failing it worse than parents who abandon their children in front of foster homes. Sadly trying to manually AP-fix patch Nora did not fix the issues in AKAIO, the game is left whitescreening nevertheless on AKAIO 1.9.X, and indeed only way is to use TWiLightMenu++ and NDSbootstrap. Which both work but, muh light switch.

Also, as a Finn, thanks for this patch. I cannot explain how joyful this game is to Finnish person/weeb. So many things are so earnest in finding Finnish names that probably sound nice in Japanese but are delightfully off in full context. Such is first enemies, "Naudan" for example. Nauta is an actual word, yes, but more fitting for "cattle" and these days mostly only when you can... Buy some, let's say, people do not use it for the cows or bulls or anything that still lives these days, aside maybe farmers. Second part is to use posessive tense of the word which is maximum funny because the form the word is in implies you are saying "Cow posesses/owns something" as in "Naudan Sakset" is "Cow's scissors" - so, just with first enemy of the game you can cause absolute brain mayhem. AND THE THING IS FULL OF IT.

Seinäkello btw is btw wall clock. No idea why they did not use grandfather clock aside it being too boring.

Last edited by Sumea,
  • Love
Reactions: Darukeru

VicViper-V

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Maybe anyone know how to manually fix extinfo.dat and infolib.dat files to run the game on the RetroGameFan firmware? In current state it says only:
[Rom loading failed] load rom error =-4

Cryum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Very nice translation. I think there's a typo that switched Suuri Mushroom with Large Suuri, but otherwise it's on point.

The game itself is quite fascinating, with the time powers replacing any kind of elemental reaction.

The rng for affection sucks pretty hard, though. I would not be able to 100% this if I had to play a new game for every single ending. I'm STILL trying to figure out Mellow's flags since I maxed out hers but didn't get it.

• Love

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In spite of what the changelog says, auto AP patching does not work on the latest Twlight Menu on my DSi XL: the game crashes all the time. If I apply nora_apfix.xdelta to the translated game, it seems to work fine. Maybe my Twilight Menu install is somehow screwed up?

I also tested on Supercard (the old one, not the scammy rubbish 3DS remake) and the game works fine without applying nora_apfix.xdelta.

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sadly for me, AKAIO and Acekard 2i still is a bust. Yes, I can use twilightmenu, no, I would really prefer to use AKAIO as it keeps things bit more like I like them in a flashcart (Has backlightlight switch) - though pressing start before play on power up "fixes" this OK enough.

I just read in another thread that was, LOCKED, for some reason so could not say thanks to people who pointed it out originally but apparently AKAIO had issue of AP fixing Nora twice breaking the game and failing it worse than parents who abandon their children in front of foster homes. Sadly trying to manually AP-fix patch Nora did not fix the issues in AKAIO, the game is left whitescreening nevertheless on AKAIO 1.9.X, and indeed only way is to use TWiLightMenu++ and NDSbootstrap. Which both work but, muh light switch.

Also, as a Finn, thanks for this patch. I cannot explain how joyful this game is to Finnish person/weeb. So many things are so earnest in finding Finnish names that probably sound nice in Japanese but are delightfully off in full context. Such is first enemies, "Naudan" for example. Nauta is an actual word, yes, but more fitting for "cattle" and these days mostly only when you can... Buy some, let's say, people do not use it for the cows or bulls or anything that still lives these days, aside maybe farmers. Second part is to use posessive tense of the word which is maximum funny because the form the word is in implies you are saying "Cow posesses/owns something" as in "Naudan Sakset" is "Cow's scissors" - so, just with first enemy of the game you can cause absolute brain mayhem. AND THE THING IS FULL OF IT.

Seinäkello btw is btw wall clock. No idea why they did not use grandfather clock aside it being too boring.
Sadly I don't own more flashcarts than a Gold 3ds rts, so I'm unsure of what could be the cause of the whitescreen you get, but I will have in mind your concern just in case it's something that could be solved on my end ✌🏻

Very nice translation. I think there's a typo that switched Suuri Mushroom with Large Suuri, but otherwise it's on point.

The game itself is quite fascinating, with the time powers replacing any kind of elemental reaction.

The rng for affection sucks pretty hard, though. I would not be able to 100% this if I had to play a new game for every single ending. I'm STILL trying to figure out Mellow's flags since I maxed out hers but didn't get it.
Could you provide a screenshot or something more that could be used to reference, locate and fix thet typo? Thanks

In spite of what the changelog says, auto AP patching does not work on the latest Twlight Menu on my DSi XL: the game crashes all the time. If I apply nora_apfix.xdelta to the translated game, it seems to work fine. Maybe my Twilight Menu install is somehow screwed up?

I also tested on Supercard (the old one, not the scammy rubbish 3DS remake) and the game works fine without applying nora_apfix.xdelta.
Well, I've tested TwilightMenu but only on 3DS, could you try with a different version or nightly version?

I get a red screen crash on the latest version of TwilightMenu even with the latest patch.
What console do you use?

typo in Karuna ending, she says with twice
Could you provide a screenshot or some more context to identify the typo? Thanks

Last edited by Darukeru,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The current TWiLight Menu++ version does not include the AP-patch for the latest translation. The patch would need to be made available as a .ips file.

mn1712trungson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thanks for translating. I really like this project.

I want to translate into Vietnamese language (Latin Extended similar with Spanish). But when using Nora Script Editor (0.7.2) to create project by hex dump and tbl (on _edited_text folder), the software does not display anything but other functions like insert, dump, reverse, etc still working fine. Can you help me? Thank you.

Capture.JPG

Last edited by mn1712trungson,

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current TWiLight Menu++ version does not include the AP-patch for the latest translation. The patch would need to be made available as a .ips file.

Can one convert an xdelta to IPS? I'm guessing it is probably a mess b/c of xdelta version hell. But maybe someone knows how?

I was confused because of what the readme says over at romhacking. (https://www.romhacking.net/translations/ds/patches/6510readme.txt)

Err, I'm not really sure exactly what is meant by the weasel words shown in bold below. It would be a whole lot clearer if they just said: You need to apply (included) AP patch after the translation patch if you are using Twilight.

v0.3d-1 (2022-10-08)

----------------------

- Hardcoded AP-fix has been removed as it produced incompatibility with flashcarts in-built AP patching. Now a separate AP-fix xdelta patch is provided separately, but it shouldn't be necessary most of the time. No need to update if you're playing on emulator or TwilightMenu++ with nds-bootstrap.
- A bug that froze the game on flashcarts when trying to open the alphabetical sorting section of the game's items guide, has now been fixed. Again, no need to update if you're playing on emulator or TwilightMenu++ with nds-bootstrap.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can one convert an xdelta to IPS? I'm guessing it is probably a mess b/c of xdelta version hell. But maybe someone knows how?
It's usually done by patching the ROM with the xdelta patch, then using LunarIPS to make a .ips file using the clean ROM as a base, as well as the translated ROM.

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks for translating. I really like this project.

I want to translate into Vietnamese language (Latin Extended similar with Spanish). But when using Nora Script Editor (0.7.2) to create project by hex dump and tbl (on _edited_text folder), the software does not display anything but other functions like insert, dump, reverse, etc still working fine. Can you help me? Thank you.

View attachment 336040
Hi, sorry for the late reply. The Nora Script Editor is deprecated, I haven't used that GUI at all since much time ago, never invested enough time in making it more user friendly. It's still useful to insert the translation, through command line (batch files).
As mentioned in the Gitlab Repo, the translation itself is now hosted in a Weblate instance, Weblate is a professional translation software. I wouldn't have a problem giving you access to the project. If you're really interested contact me.

It's all instances of the suuri mushrooms
Thank you, I'll address them in a future update!

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wonderful! I've been looking forward to this game for so long, I almost can't believe I'll get to play it now. Thank you for your work!

Hello. Just wanted to report that I was able to get this to work on my Acekard 2i.

I had read that the most recent AKAIO loader has a bug for this specific game where it misapplies the AP fix (even if you disable AP in the menu, apparently). I guessed that it was doing this based on the four-letter game code in the ROM header, so I figured that if you just change that code the loader will stop messing with it. And that seems to be the case.

So, here's what you can do:

1. Apply the translation patch

2. Apply the AP fix. You can use any of the TNRJ-*.ips files in the TwilightMenu repo on GitHub

3. Apply the attached patch, which changes the game code in the header from TNRJ to TNRE

Hope that helps someone
Thanks! I couldn't get your bps to apply correctly, but used DSBuff to change the header myself and all's working well. :)

Reactions: Darukeru and Xalusc

Xalusc

Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Hello. Just wanted to report that I was able to get this to work on my Acekard 2i.

I had read that the most recent AKAIO loader has a bug for this specific game where it misapplies the AP fix (even if you disable AP in the menu, apparently). I guessed that it was doing this based on the four-letter game code in the ROM header, so I figured that if you just change that code the loader will stop messing with it. And that seems to be the case.

So, here's what you can do:

1. Apply the translation patch

2. Apply the AP fix. You can use any of the TNRJ-*.ips files in the TwilightMenu repo on GitHub

3. Apply the attached patch, which changes the game code in the header from TNRJ to TNRE

Hope that helps someone

This guide worked! I can finally play it on my old "R4" (I think it's a DSTT clone?)
The header-changing patch didn't work, but changing the header manually to TNRE did. For version 0.3d at least.

Also, it worked on my R4's native firmware (HappyBox or whatever), but it still doesn't work on RetroGameFan's latest YSMenu update.

Reactions: anotherthing

Ruiji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing the game and enjoying it. A couple errors I've noticed:

- The description of the Valoisa Flower says lowers chance of monster encounters, but the popup after using says encounter rate increased.

- "Noora through the wisps, she whisked away from the woods." Guessing there's a verb missing here? The sentence overall feels weirdly structured though.

- When "Get Off My Yard!" and "Textbook Teatime" first appear in the shop, their names appear fine but after buying something, a couple extra characters get appended ("Get Off My Yard!*\" and "Textbook Teatime*". Same with the Pricyon Bracelet.

- Keke's 2nd skill has a name of "." and the description only consists of "Blow" in the status menu.

I'll probably update this post with more things as I find them.

Darukeru

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Been playing the game and enjoying it. A couple errors I've noticed:

- The description of the Valoisa Flower says lowers chance of monster encounters, but the popup after using says encounter rate increased.

- "Noora through the wisps, she whisked away from the woods." Guessing there's a verb missing here? The sentence overall feels weirdly structured though.

- When "Get Off My Yard!" and "Textbook Teatime" first appear in the shop, their names appear fine but after buying something, a couple extra characters get appended ("Get Off My Yard!*\" and "Textbook Teatime*". Same with the Pricyon Bracelet.

- Keke's 2nd skill has a name of "." and the description only consists of "Blow" in the status menu.

I'll probably update this post with more things as I find them.
Thank you for the feedback. Will make sure to address these errors in a future (not soon) revision!

Corrin2827

Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
I have a question I was trying this game on console with TwiLight, sometimes it gets crashes with red screen or some attacks makes the character stuck, making them unplayable and also needing to restart the game. Is there any patch available for it? The page with the patch is not accesible right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...