ROM Hack [Release] FE: Fates Playable Bosses DLC Collection

EmblemCrossing

That Towel!Niles Cosplayer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't. Character blocks, map sprites, portraits and the Pegasus Knight class needed to be added via DLC.

Everytime I see TildeHat show up and want to learn more about his super secret signature, he disappears without giving me info ;_;

TildeHat, don't go, let me write dialogue for those characters..

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would but I don't even know where I'm going with this.

But, you know where you're going with this.

full Genealogy unit roster, yeah? pls. Maybe just Sigurd..

@Omegablu, how would we go about getting the data in extdata format for people looking to inject it through this new method? Would it be as simple as me dumping my extdata for them to use?

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
@Omegablu I think I figured out how to add more supports via DLC.

The best part is, the file I included had 3 tables, a table for Chrom being Corrinsexual (A+/S still don't work sadly), but here's the interesting part, I included a table for both gender corrins, only 1 entry, Chrom support, but instead of deleting their table, it actually just added Chrom to their already existing table!

I need to test out everything first and make sure there are no negative side effects or crashes, but this is some really good news at least.

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The best part is, the file I included had 3 tables, a table for Chrom being Corrinsexual (A+/S still don't work sadly), but here's the interesting part, I included a table for both gender corrins, only 1 entry, Chrom support, but instead of deleting their table, it actually just added Chrom to their already existing table!

I need to test out everything first and make sure there are no negative side effects or crashes, but this is some really good news at least.

Soooo.. I'll get to work on writing supports in the near future! I have some ideas already. Here's hoping for S supports at some point! Good work!

Honestly I wouldn't mind making Chrom my lord and giving him a proper adventure after being shafted in Awakening lmao

Last edited by EmblemCrossing,
Reactions: KunoichiZ

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's really good news, actually - that could do a lot for compatibility between hacks. If everything with it works properly, any support based hack could potentially be moved over to a custom DLC so that GameData.bin doesn't have to be touched at all.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
That's really good news, actually - that could do a lot for compatibility between hacks. If everything with it works properly, any support based hack could potentially be moved over to a custom DLC so that GameData.bin doesn't have to be touched at all.

Yeah, I was just discussing this with Unassumingvenusaur and how if we ever figure out how exactly the g_contents.bin file works, we could literally run most romhacks for Fates from its extdata if we ever figure out how to add our own entries to g_contents.bin, this would also go a long ways for compatibility like you mentioned.

The less we have to touch GameData.bin itself, the better things are.

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was just discussing this with Unassumingvenusaur and how if we ever figure out how exactly the g_contents.bin file works, we could literally run most romhacks for Fates from its extdata if we ever figure out how to add our own entries to g_contents.bin, this would also go a long ways for compatibility like you mentioned.

The less we have to touch GameData.bin itself, the better things are.
Yay! Congrats on figuring it out. I had an itching suspicion that supports could be added in dlc, but I never got around to trying.

Dylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm more interested in the fact that you made Chrom the main character, can you save without it messing things up?

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a dream that I asked Omegablu when release was and he got very angry with me and said it would happen when it happens and I should shut up.

It was actually really funny.

Reactions: Thunder Kai

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously? What did I look like?

It was like we were both on gbatemp, having our usual conversations about the DLC, and then I got a notification so I go and check on it, and you're like "I swear to god if you don't stop asking for release I'm deleting all of the progress so far". Then I was like, huh. This seems fake (as I'm extremely self aware during dreams), and woke myself up to check my actual messages.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Seriously? What did I look like?
probably like this;
苦.png

EmblemCrossing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw @Omegablu I'm working on more of the characters that we have left in the meantime (some V1 characters as well), just to bide time until release. Hans and Iago have some progress made on them.

Reactions: ZoNtendo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: