[Release] FE: Fates Playable Bosses DLC Collection

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Omegablu, May 28, 2016.

1. Omegablu
    OP

Omegablu We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Welcome to yet another FE: Fates Mod! CFW is not needed anymore, but is recommended. This mod adds in 22 new units to the game, some are bosses or npcs, while others are characters from FE: Awakening. Here is a video that shows off v2:

Installation Tutorials:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Character IDs, Reclass Sets, Class IDs, etc.:

My Castle Address: 02149-33009-41650-34669

Screenshots:

Credits:
    @EmblemCrossing for his wonderful work on dialogue writing for the characters.
    @Harvest God for his help with making Human Anankos' model work.
    @A-1 Pictures for donating his HoF Azura to the project.
    @DeathChaos25 for.... a lot. Includes, but not limited to; donating characters for addition, help with bugs, help with features, etc. This project wouldn't have been possible without him.
    @SciresM for his wonderful programs called FEAT and FEITS
    @RainThunder for his documentation of Fates' structure.
    If I forgot to put your name on this list and you contributed, please let me know. Also, thanks to all of you for supporting this project. I'm not sure that I'd have gotten this far without your support.

Original Post:

If you notice any bugs at all, or you think my guide needs some improvements, please let me know. Also, don't forget to ask me before showcasing this mod in ANY MEDIA. This includes Youtube, Dailymotion, or any other video sharing site. If I say yes, please credit me with a link to either my video or this thread.
    Download Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1G4kJdCJB5cU3dLdXhlZkFyXzA

Attached Files:

Last edited by Omegablu, Sep 22, 2016

2. ultramario1998

ultramario1998 no woof tipsic

May 7, 2014
    United States
    Not Here
    I'm so happy that people are figuring out FEF modding now.

TheVinAnator likes this.
  3. Harvest God

Harvest God Er a pixel artist?

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    O-oh no Arete ok then.*Goes back to fanbase*. Nice job :D

4. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    1) No Arete?
    2) No Arete?
    3) No Hidden Truths Anankos?
    4) uh.. No Arete?
    5) thank you :)

Last edited by Thunder Kai, May 28, 2016
    Ronflex2.0 likes this.
  5. Omegablu
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Hidden Truths Anankos would be difficult at best, downright frustrating at worst. But Arete would be entirely possible and probably easy. I'll add it in the next version.

Thunder Kai likes this.
  6. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    YAY MY LIFE IS NOW COMPLETED :D

7. Harvest God

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    There's actually a model as seen in Hidden Truths 2. I wouldn't be surprised if DeathChaos would be able to do the same thing as his Before Awakening. However, I don't think there's any head model at all, not that I saw

8. TheVinAnator

TheVinAnator GBATemp's Greatest Vin

Jan 10, 2016
    Canada
    NO COFFEI!
    when they figure out custom characters <33333333333333333333333

9. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    He did import the witch too so he may be able to

10. Omegablu
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Playable Anankos would be possible, but some sorcery like human Lillith would be needed combined with some of what Deathchaos did with the Awakening characters. Way out of my league (for now).

Thunder Kai likes this.
  11. Harvest God

Oct 27, 2015
    United States
    Human Lilith was actually in the game files and it was connected to another Lilith ID. DeathChaos could make the Human Anakos, it's just that I haven't seen any head model, but a body model. It may be somewhere else, but it really depends if DeathChaos has the time
    [​IMG]

12. Thunder Kai

Thunder Kai #TeamRem

Sep 4, 2015
    United States
    With Rem
    Whats Kana doing in the special logbook section?

13. Omegablu
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    An experiment. I talked a little about him in the FEFTwiddler thread. I don't think I'll release him though because the modifications made to him could ruin online.

14. DeathChaos25

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    How many units exactly does your DLC have?

If you look at my latest version, I joined them all because I used a Dispos file which allowed me to fit together a lot of units into a single DLC, you could do the same with yours and then you could give them weapons, all you'd need to do is grab the script from mine (I made that one myself actually, although I'm still not to great on script editing), which instead of giving a single unit it loads the Dispos file, then within the Dispos file they were given a spawn flag of 40 17 and the location was set to FF FF FF FF, what this does is, instead of spawning these units, it just forces them into your party.

I actually finished this College semester and am now enjoying my free summer time before next semester starts in August, and I'm basically almost finished with the Revelation Unit Buff patch and just need testing done to ensure nothing breaks.

That said, finding the model won't really get us anywhere if we can't find an AID, Human Lilith already had an AID because she appears in some cutscenes on chapters 1-3 I believe, so unless we can find an AID for Human Anankos we can't really accomplish anything, we COULD make an AID for him, but we'd still need to find his Head Model+Textures and his Hair+Textures and then Figure out if he has a Voice ID assigned or not.

Last edited by DeathChaos25, May 28, 2016
  15. TildeHat

TildeHat Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Canada
    Human Anakos uses a head model from the game. His other stuff is in the DLC but he wouldn't have voices/head map sprites like human Lilith.

16. Omegablu
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    Could you send me (probably by pm) some more info on dispos file editing? I'd like to be a little more knowledgeable before attempting to use it.

17. Something whatever

Something whatever Gazer of the East

Sep 1, 2015
    Thanks for the unit folder too :3

18. Omegablu
    OP

Mar 10, 2016
    United States
    Ice Tribe Village
    You're welcome. I knew people would like it since even I only enjoyed grinding for so long with these things.

Something whatever likes this.
  19. DeathChaos25

DeathChaos25 Unmei wo kaeru!

Oct 21, 2015
    I can just post the notes here.

The header data is the usual stuff for the bin files.

At 0x20, there are a few blocks that tell the game which blocks belong to which team label, these blocks are 0xC in size.
    First 4 bytes are a pointer to the team label, for example, the very first block at 0x20 will always start with a pointer to "Player".
    Next 4 bytes are a pointer to where the Dispos blocks for this team label start, each block is 0x8C in size
    Next 4 bytes tell the game how many blocks to read starting from the starting location specified in the previous 4 bytes, all of these will belong to this team

For the Dispos blocks themselves, here's the Mapping;
    [​IMG]

Within the blocks, the following things need to have pointers in the pointers table;
    Start of block;
    Every IID label pointer must have a pointer too;
    All 4 AI Type labels must also have pointers.

If you make a simple block, a character with a single weapon, that would be 6 pointers, pointer to where the block starts (1), pointer to the characters IID label pointer (2) and all 4 AI Type label pointers (2+4=6).

A few things, all AI labels must be separated by 4 empty bytes of 00s, and even if you don't assign any flags to the weapons, you still need to have 4 bytes between each IID, because 00 00 00 00 is still a valid flag value.

Omegablu and Harvest God like this.
  20. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Can I use this with the original DLCs?