• Views 1,495,024
  • Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any imcompatibility issue with 64GB sd cards? i installed some eshop games that i had on emunand, even one or two cias before having different errors for every cia i try to install... But, like the friend above, my sd card was also overseas, so maybe we have a low quality product and it's bugging the fbi? i dont know. Thoughts?

Man I swear when I was using the 4GB or 32GB card everything was doing good until I got the bigger foreign one lol. Got me a replacement 7.2 FW so i'm gonna try this again with a new 3DS and big card.

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is crazy I am in emuNAND in rxmode and when I try to install a CIA with FBI I get the error "Database Does not exist"

I have went into the emuNAND folder and created the dbs folder and import.db/title.db files and still get the error :(

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is crazy I am in emuNAND in rxmode and when I try to install a CIA with FBI I get the error "Database Does not exist"

I have went into the emuNAND folder and created the dbs folder and import.db/title.db files and still get the error :(
Did you go to Data Management in emunand after creating the files?

solitaire4eva

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't access settings when I boot in emunand. I even tried using the gateway classic mode from the web interface. It hangs. Also when I boot into rxmode and try to go into settings, it hangs up on the Nintendo loading screen. I can't access settings in emuNAND.

Update: I can install games emunand but can't access the "Settings" menu without it hanging o the 3DS screen. I even tried using gateway interface but the hanging continues. I know when I am in emuand because I can see my games on the home menu. I just don't understand why I can't access settings from emuNAND

Last edited by solitaire4eva,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Wow ! @Steveice10 I just noticed that there is an option in the 1.4+ that with which we can install a mset rop by pressing "select" ! I found it awesome and I want to ask you if you plan to add a cakesROP support for cakesFW or reiNand and specially for rxTools with downgraded mset 6.X & 4.X (or maybe something like a ropCustom.txt for choose the name we want for the ".dat")

Also, FBI is powerfull
smileys-sunglasses-081719.gif
!

Last edited by pakrett,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
@Steveice10
Not sure if this has been reported before, but there some CIA that are apparently not compatible with FBI.

An example of that would be themes. I downloaded a single theme pack from that ISO site, and while it did install with FBI, the theme didn't show up in the selection list. I reinstalled it with BBM and it worked

Another example was a street plaza paid games dlc, the installed data didn't show up in street plaza with FBI, but showed up fine with BBM.

Other users reported the same in one of those threads, or else I wouldn't have gotten the idea to try another CIA installer. I didn't think there was a difference, and honestly I always liked FBI more than the others.

Lastly, I'd like to echo what the users above said: on previous versions on FBI, if you installed something on emunand, it will wrapped everytime if the nands are linked. One way to solve that was to try to install it in sysnand, it will fail saying that it already exists, but will make the icon appear in sysnand, and the wrapped package won't be there in emunand anymore.

Now with 1.4.2, you would have to overwrite it, so the same thing as before doesn't work.

I hope my post is clear enough. Let me know if there are some bits that need some clarifying

Thanks again :D

Reactions: pakrett
D

Deleted User

OP
@Steveice10
Not sure if this has been reported before, but there some CIA that are apparently not compatible with FBI.

An example of that would be themes. I downloaded a single theme pack from that ISO site, and while it did install with FBI, the theme didn't show up in the selection list. I reinstalled it with BBM and it worked

Another example was a street plaza paid games dlc, the installed data didn't show up in street plaza with FBI, but showed up fine with BBM.

Other users reported the same in one of those threads, or else I wouldn't have gotten the idea to try another CIA installer. I didn't think there was a difference, and honestly I always liked FBI more than the others.

Lastly, I'd like to echo what the users above said: on previous versions on FBI, if you installed something on emunand, it will wrapped everytime if the nands are linked. One way to solve that was to try to install it in sysnand, it will fail saying that it already exists, but will make the icon appear in sysnand, and the wrapped package won't be there in emunand anymore.

Now with 1.4.2, you would have to overwrite it, so the same thing as before doesn't work.

I hope my post is clear enough. Let me know if there are some bits that need some clarifying

Thanks again :D
I'm installing CIAs through the currently known standard method, so I can't really do much at this point if some CIAs don't work for whatever reason.

As for the issue with overwriting, I might tweak overwriting a bit to allow your wrapped icon solution to work while preserving the overwrite option.

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! Thank you for this tool, however, could you add N3DS Gateway MSET installer to FBI? It would make CFW switching so much easier :)

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this "Database does not exist" / "Invalid database" error!

I've used fbi before via pasta cfw and things worked fine, but I just separated my sysnand from EmuNand and am trying to re-download some .cia on the sysnand (To later reformat EmuNand and copy over the .cia since I don't have gateway) But now all a sudden it won't work and I'm getting that message

Unlike the FAQ's response I DO have a "title.db" and "Import.db" in my DBS folder (It was already there) but I am still getting this issue. I even tried removing them (I made backups) and made a text document titles "title.db" and so forth (Although I assume I needed an actual db file not a text file for this which I don't know how to make) and it never tried to fix it under software. Any idea's as to what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting this "Database does not exist" / "Invalid database" error!

I've used fbi before via pasta cfw and things worked fine, but I just separated my sysnand from EmuNand and am trying to re-download some .cia on the sysnand (To later reformat EmuNand and copy over the .cia since I don't have gateway) But now all a sudden it won't work and I'm getting that message

Unlike the FAQ's response I DO have a "title.db" and "Import.db" in my DBS folder (It was already there) but I am still getting this issue. I even tried removing them (I made backups) and made a text document titles "title.db" and so forth (Although I assume I needed an actual db file not a text file for this which I don't know how to make) and it never tried to fix it under software. Any idea's as to what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance!
In windows if you have "Show unknown file type extensions" or something like that disabled then your title.db is actually named title.db.txt
Can you check the other ID folder in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card and see if it has those two db files as well?

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In windows if you have "Show unknown file type extensions" or something like that disabled then your title.db is actually named title.db.txt
Can you check the other ID folder in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder on your SD card and see if it has those two db files as well?

Sorry for the late reply. The error ended up being as you said. The other ID folder did not have the DBS or Title folders. I copy and pasted them and reformatted and .cia's where downloading now. But I do have one cia that I created from patching a rom that won't download. It reaches anywhere from 6-11% and then gives an "Install failed! I/0 Error"

Any idea on that?

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the late reply. The error ended up being as you said. The other ID folder did not have the DBS or Title folders. I copy and pasted them and reformatted and .cia's where downloading now. But I do have one cia that I created from patching a rom that won't download. It reaches anywhere from 6-11% and then gives an "Install failed! I/0 Error"

Any idea on that?
When you say "Downloading", I assume you are transferring the CIA over WiFi? If that it the case, I would try copying the CIA to the SD card and attempt from there as over WiFi is not always too stable and can give issues and errors.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you say "Downloading", I assume you are transferring the CIA over WiFi? If that it the case, I would try copying the CIA to the SD card and attempt from there as over WiFi is not always too stable and can give issues and errors.

I'm downloading (Assuming that's the correct term) the cia via FBI. I'm just in FBI and selecting the cia and theres a progress bar, all the cia's are like that. WIFI is off, there's no internet involved. This is on the 3ds not the internet.

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm downloading (Assuming that's the correct term) the cia via FBI. I'm just in FBI and selecting the cia and theres a progress bar, all the cia's are like that. WIFI is off, there's no internet involved. This is on the 3ds not the internet.
That's simply installing the CIA, not downloading. I would then check to make sure the CIA is valid and not corrupt in anyway. If it is not corrupt it may be one of the few CIAs that FBI can't install. Then you would have to try BigBlueMenu to install it.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's simply installing the CIA, not downloading. I would then check to make sure the CIA is valid and not corrupt in anyway. If it is not corrupt it may be one of the few CIAs that FBI can't install. Then you would have to try BigBlueMenu to install it.

It definitely works as I previously installed it. I recently separated by Sysnand for EmuNand and needed to reinstall my cia's which is where I'm at now and this last cia doesn't want to download.

kyle5482

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the CIA of?

Fire emblem If. I own the retail copy and dumped the rom and then patched it with an English translation and download the cia with FBI. I've been using it since the 19th but a new patch was released so I updated it but I needed to move everything to EmuNand and since I don't have gateway I'm using reiNand which means I have to download everything to the sysnand then use the gateway menu (via ninjhax) to reformat EmuNand to copy the cia's over. Problem is I separated my Nands first, removing all the cia's, and now I'm just trying to redownload them, and the only one giving me a problem is this one.

Edit - I should also note that when trying to download it on bigbluemenu it describes it as an "invalid cia" which is impossible because I was using it 6 hours ago before I separated by Nands.

Last edited by kyle5482,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrAllagrande @ MrAllagrande: this chat is public?