• Replies 4,207
  • Likes 102

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I lose my head, I have to ask: will you still need a Gateway card or emuNAND in order to utilize this application? Or is this finally a CIA option for people with only Cubic Ninja?

Reactions: Margen67
D

Deleted User

OP
Before I lose my head, I have to ask: will you still need a Gateway card or emuNAND in order to utilize this application? Or is this finally a CIA option for people with only Cubic Ninja?

If you only have Cubic Ninja, you'll need to patch service access through some method first (which I plan to make easier soon). Also, you'll only be able to install signed CIAs (no homebrew, pirated content, etc).

tyrran

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you only have Cubic Ninja, you'll need to patch service access through some method first (which I plan to make easier soon). Also, you'll only be able to install signed CIAs (no homebrew, pirated content, etc).

Drat. I was hoping to put nestopia as a CIA file onto my system. Well, this is still a great step in the right direction, so cheers!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok tested uninstalling system apps. Seems to work now. (I uninstalled the Health & Safety title...because it's useless. :P )

However it looks like I have to exit and restart the app to see the change in the installed app list. It would still show the title I just uninstalled even though it's gone. I had to exit FBI and restart it to see the change. Might be an issue for those uinstalling multiple titles.

Of coarse the icon for the uninstalled title on the homemenu won't go away until you reboot the 3DS, but this is normal for system apps. You have to reboot to see the change in the home menu.

With this some folks can use this to downgrade any app they want. For example, uninstall System Settings and install a 6.x version to get MSET back. ;)

I wonder if uninstalling the DS Cart White List has the same effect as downgrading it...

Loaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Next orders of business: .... looking into potential Windows sockfile issues.

I don't know if this will be at all relevant or helpful, but I played around with using Window's "compatibility mode" to see if any of the modes would work with sockfile.

When I use Vista SP1 or Vista SP2 mode, the error changes from "failed to connect: no error" to "failed to connect: result too large" (still doesn't matter if my 3DS is on/off/in FBI network install mode/etc.).

Again, chances are that is not very helpful for you but I thought it was still worth mentioning. And I doubt this is related, but the size of the .cia I'm trying to install is 537 MB.

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congrats on the release! FBI's been a favorite of mine for a while. Our team even has an internal fork to help us with some dev stuff, since you've got an awesome license on it.

D

Deleted User

OP
However it looks like I have to exit and restart the app to see the change in the installed app list. It would still show the title I just uninstalled even though it's gone. I had to exit FBI and restart it to see the change. Might be an issue for those uinstalling multiple titles.

That's... really strange and shouldn't be happening. I'll play around with it and see if that happens for me.

When I use Vista SP1 or Vista SP2 mode, the error changes from "failed to connect: no error" to "failed to connect: result too large" (still doesn't matter if my 3DS is on/off/in FBI network install mode/etc.).

Interesting... I'll get around to fixing it sometime soon.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not, but...

Is there a button press to exit back to the homebrew menu? Tried every button and combos of buttons but in the end the only way to get out of FBI is hard power off > restart cubic ninja.

I did look in the source and either I'm blind or the option isn't there. haha

Either way, would be a handy addition. :)

PS: You should advertise your works more! (yes, i've been stalking you're repo's on github for a while :) )

D

Deleted User

OP
Don't know if anyone has mentioned it or not, but...

Is there a button press to exit back to the homebrew menu? Tried every button and combos of buttons but in the end the only way to get out of FBI is hard power off > restart cubic ninja.

I did look in the source and either I'm blind or the option isn't there. haha

Either way, would be a handy addition. :)

PS: You should advertise your works more! (yes, i've been stalking you're repo's on github for a while :) )

No, there is not a Ninjhax exit button, but there should be. I'll add one in the next release.

D

Deleted User

OP

These two issues should be fixed now, I've updated the download for a new release.

D

Deleted User

OP
This will allow you to install cia"s with just ninjax right?

Provided you've ran something to patch service access so FBI can install CIAs, yes. However, it will only work with signed CIAs (no homebrew, etc) since signature checks are not patched (unless you're in a CFW or something).

Monado_III

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Provided you've ran something to patch service access so FBI can install CIAs, yes. However, it will only work with signed CIAs (no homebrew, etc) since signature checks are not patched (unless you're in a CFW or something).

And how would I do that? Is there a link or a file somewhere? And what sort of CIAs would be signed? Really neat that this is now possible though.

eggwolio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to patch signature checks on sysnand? I'd like to install blargSNES on my never-online, never-going-to-be-upated 2DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.